The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University 2015 Accommodation Choices!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Natalierm2707

I think south still has spaces as they offered me north or south if i wasnt willing to take on the show flat as it is open for the two open days to the public so i cannot use my kitchen that day at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool that's good then, thanks for the info!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 241
Original post by ClaudiaaaX
I wasn't in clearing, Cardiff was my insurance

Oh my bad I meant insurance! This happened with my insurance too, so I wouldn't worry :-)
Reply 242
Anyone else in 13 Senghennydd Road, part of the Student Village?
Talybont North House C anyone?
Reply 244
Original post by Mmla
Brilliant! I'm house A though, but I'll see you on the course :smile:

What floor and flat are you in?
I'm in Talybont North, House A, Second Floor, Flat 9
Reply 245
Talybont Court House 1, first floor flat 1C Anyone ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 246
Original post by Natalierm2707

I think south still has spaces as they offered me north or south if i wasnt willing to take on the show flat as it is open for the two open days to the public so i cannot use my kitchen that day at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought people got paid for doing that!

Do you get all of your furnishings included or is it just a normal flat?
Original post by cacra

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought people got paid for doing that!

Do you get all of your furnishings included or is it just a normal flat?

Basically the show flat comprises of 7 rooms, 6 are regular cardiff university rooms and 1 is fully furnished and is never occupied.

the kitchen is exactly the same as all taly court kitchens, and we dont get paid, I just get an amazon voucher for every open day (i suppose that could be classed as payment)
Anyone know when I should get my accommodation allocated? I applied middle of June.

Cardiff was my firm choice and my offer became unconditional on results day.

I'm leaving the country in a couple of days and was hoping it would be sorted before then.
Original post by jake1890
Anyone know when I should get my accommodation allocated? I applied middle of June.

I'm leaving the country in a couple of days and was hoping it would be sorted before then.

you should hear back soon, accomodation is allocated on a first come first served basis from the time of application, and sadly june was a fairly late date of an application (most applied by may)!
Reply 250
Original post by jake1890

I haven't heard back either, starting to get a bit annoying.

I really wished I put Talybont South as my first choice now...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 251
Original post by yepre
What floor and flat are you in?
I'm in Talybont North, House A, Second Floor, Flat 9

Second floor flat 8!!! So pretty close :smile: you're the first one I've found so close haha
Reply 252
I'm flat
Original post by Mmla
Second floor flat 8!!! So pretty close :smile: you're the first one I've found so close haha

I'm flat too, so ill be close :smile:
Reply 253
Original post by Franmay
I'm flat

I'm flat too, so ill be close :smile:

Great :smile: see you there :smile:
When is everyone planning on moving in? I really want to move in on the Weds 16th but I think my parents want to help me move in on the 19th, except I'm worried I'll miss out on stuff by not being in halls early.
Goddamn it, i've been allocated my 6th choice haha.

Suppose I should have done it earlier, anyone have an idea how tiny the Taly North small rooms are?
Anyone in University Hall, D1 Second floor flat 5?
Reply 257
Original post by callmehannah
When is everyone planning on moving in? I really want to move in on the Weds 16th but I think my parents want to help me move in on the 19th, except I'm worried I'll miss out on stuff by not being in halls early.

I'm moving in on the 16th but really because it's the only day my parents can get off... apparently on the 19th though there is some sporting event that might make it harder to move in :/
Reply 258
Anyone in Talybont North, house A, floor 3, flat 12?
Talybont South house 18 first floor flat 2 anybody?😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending