The Student Room Group

The full body veil

Scroll to see replies

I'm not sure I could be friends with someone whose face and facial expressions I could never see. It would be odd and disconcerting.
Original post by MylittlePlusle

I do not converse with her and I do not wish to. As I can't see her face I cannot converse with her.

Pretty sure she doesn't want to 'converse' with you either.
Original post by memoriial
Pretty sure she doesn't want to 'converse' with you either.

That doesn't brother me at all. everyone else in college shows thier face so they are approachable.
That doesn't brother me at all. everyone else in college shows thier face so they are approachable.

What about the people who'd rather not see your face. Are they approachable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cuppacoffee
there they will accept her in niqab whereas here they make a big fuss about it for no reason.

The thing is that the fuss isn't for no reason. She is deliberately setting herself apart from others, for superstitious reasons, by wearing the clothes of an alien desert tribal culture of times long gone by. She is declaring that her superstitions are more important to her than effective communication with the rest of society, and that she does not want to take a full part in that society.
Reply 25
No, of course not. I can't see thier face.

No offence but do you even have friends in real life? Fam, half the stuff you post is creepy as ****
Original post by Moonstruck16
What about the people who'd rather not see your face. Are they approachable?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've not met anyone who doesn't want to see my face so I would not know.
Original post by AzimH
No offence but do you even have friends in real life? Fam, half the stuff you post is creepy as ****

I have nine official friends as of the posting of this post. (I can see that dropping to six quite easily though)
(edited 8 years ago)
I have six official friends as of the posting of this post. (I can see that dropping to six quite easily though)

You have six official friends thag you can see dropping to six...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have six official friends thag you can see dropping to six...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whoops, I meant nine official friends. I can see myself getting rid of three friends as we may not have anything in common anymore so I would only have six friends.
I remember I was sat at a computer in uni and someone wearing one of these black bedsheets floated past me and no lie I **** myself it felt like the grim reaper had just strolled by.

It's pretty antisocial to dress like it's Halloween everyday.
In my college you cant wear a niqab but you can wear a hijab
It is because of protection/wanting to be able to identify each student:h:
I would talk to them normally they are human after all
Original post by Little Popcorns
I remember I was sat at a computer in uni and someone wearing one of these black bedsheets floated past me and no lie I **** myself it felt like the grim reaper had just strolled by.

I feel really bad that I laughed at your description :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How can someone who thinks the need to cover their face have the brains to get into college or uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I laughed too, but I encounter this myself. It's black, dark, miserable, threatening - ugh *shivers*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skip_Snip
How can someone who thinks the need to cover their face have the brains to get into college or uni?

:facepalm:

how can someone with your level of ignorance have the brains to get into college/uni?
Original post by toonervoustotalk
In my college you cant wear a niqab but you can wear a hijab
It is because of protection/wanting to be able to identify each student:h:
I would talk to them normally they are human after all

I agree. I don't like the niqab but wouldn't go out of my way to avoid conversing with any9ne who was wearing one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Black bedsheets". "Floated past" :rofl:
I've found that Muslims value family over friends, and they are told that they don't need friends (well the ones i know have) so they may not even feel the need to speak to you let alone want to. Plus, they're more likely to be friends with other Muslims who fully understand their actions.
This whole approachablity is non of your business, there are millions of non-muslim people i see on a day to day basis with nothing covering their face who look unapproachable. Muslims in niqabs and hijabs tend to be approachable to each other, and its better fro their families as from what i know cultured muslim parents don't like their kids mixing with non-muslims.
Also once they're married they don't have to work if they don't want to, the man is supposed to provide whilst the wife stays home, and this is a preferred way of living for many of them.

(I've only gathered this information from muslim friends btw ^)
(edited 8 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh it's fiiiiiiiiine can't take yourself too seriously.

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
"Black bedsheets". "Floated past" :rofl:
Genuinely I jumped a little. I bet inside she was like serves you right non believer next time I hope it's who you thought it was.

:getmecoat:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending