The Student Room Group

University application help.

Hi everyone,

I am applying to university for 2016 year the qualification I currently hold

1.BTEC extended diploma level 3 IT the grades are DDM done it in 2013 I am not sure if still be good

2.English GCSE I have done it last year but I only achieve D but the college said they going to send back for re mark if it stays the same then November resit is the final resting place.

3. The college told me that I have to do fuctional skills level 1 maths then GCSE maths next year but to be honest I really don't want to be in college next year I am already finding it really demotivating and feel like I haven't made any progress.

I have done my university research and pick the ones which really interest me the degree I want to do is computing or IT I was wondering if I the university would waiver the GCSE Maths since I am mature student with a lot of work experience in administration and IT support.
Original post by venz_93
Hi everyone,

I am applying to university for 2016 year the qualification I currently hold

1.BTEC extended diploma level 3 IT the grades are DDM done it in 2013 I am not sure if still be good

2.English GCSE I have done it last year but I only achieve D but the college said they going to send back for re mark if it stays the same then November resit is the final resting place.

3. The college told me that I have to do fuctional skills level 1 maths then GCSE maths next year but to be honest I really don't want to be in college next year I am already finding it really demotivating and feel like I haven't made any progress.

I have done my university research and pick the ones which really interest me the degree I want to do is computing or IT I was wondering if I the university would waiver the GCSE Maths since I am mature student with a lot of work experience in administration and IT support.

You should ask the universities themselves as its a possibility they will get strict on GCSEs in some cases
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
You should ask the universities themselves as its a possibility they will get strict on GCSEs in some cases

Thanks very much @clairestelle for your help it good idea but what do I say to the universities? the reason why because I want to leave a good impression.
Original post by venz_93
Thanks very much @clairestelle for your help it good idea but what do I say to the universities? the reason why because I want to leave a good impression.

I would send an email to admissions and just explain your situation in a positive light i guess, explain your current experience in the field and then ask if it would possible to undertake the course with a D in your english gcse and if not what do they suggest is the best way forward.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
I would send an email to admissions and just explain your situation in a positive light i guess, explain your current experience in the field and then ask if it would possible to undertake the course with a D in your english gcse and if not what do they suggest is the best way forward.

@claireestelle thanks very much for your help i have email the university admissions about my situation i am now just waiting on there reply. I guess it not always clear cut with mature students qualification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending