The Student Room Group

BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science Level 3

Scroll to see replies

The first year I got D*. I am hoping at the end of this course to achieve D*D*D*. However I really want to be a brain surgeon or a Forensic Pathologist, what degree should I study first in order to then go to medical school because I am already aware I cannot go straight into Medicine with this diploma (I am pretty sure). Thank-you.
Original post by nikkinikki123
The first year I got D*. I am hoping at the end of this course to achieve D*D*D*. However I really want to be a brain surgeon or a Forensic Pathologist, what degree should I study first in order to then go to medical school because I am already aware I cannot go straight into Medicine with this diploma (I am pretty sure). Thank-you.

As it happens, I'm exactly in your shoes. Note it will take 7 years thought for you to finish uni, and you need to fund yourself some bit, but do a standard degree in either Medical Science or Biomedical Science, then from there do grad entry Medicine. My plan was to go UCL for Applied Medical Science (entry: DDD) then go SGUL for grad entry medicine.
I was thinking of studying pure Chemistry degree or going into medicinal and pharmaceutical Chemistry Degree then applying for Medical School. Is it still possible to successfully get into medical School completing a 4 year BSc in Chemistry or Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry? Thank-you.
Reply 743
Original post by chynjoh
Yeah, get back to me when you enrol and tell me what subjects you picked and if they let you do maths and stats:smile:

OMD
im so happy
they let me do maths with stats, i just have to do a few algebra lessons on the side
and im doing the btec medical science and accounting

how did your enrollment go?
Hey. Can you send me the link for that book please. Thanks.
Original post by xSparklex
Hey. Can you send me the link for that book please. Thanks.

This is the one I use so I assume its the same for everyone : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Applied-science-BTEC-National-skills/dp/184690563X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441309914&sr=8-1&keywords=applied+science+%60
you could try looking for an BSc Optometry, also at City uni London, as well as Manchester and Plymouth..
Original post by TheSalman
you could try looking for an BSc Optometry, also at City uni London, as well as Manchester and Plymouth..

Nah, City Uni London don't offer it to btecs :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
no if you're doing the FdSc in ophthalmic dispensing, can't you then do the BSc?
ohh right you're wondering what you can do with a BTEC in general... depends on your grades

Getting a DDD would help, you could do applied Medical Science at UCL or Biomed at Surrey...
if anyone can help me what is it like having to do 100% coursework
no if you're doing the FdSc in ophthalmic dispensing, can't you then do the BSc?

Yeah if you do the dispensing foundation degree..

Posted from TSR Mobile
But there we are then? FdSc in that then do your third year direct entry and get a full BSc top up?
Original post by mrnazz00923
Yeah if you do the dispensing foundation degree..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ademola1
if anyone can help me what is it like having to do 100% coursework

Its alot researching and alot corrections ect and alot of lab experiments...
who can assist me with unit one fundamentals of science biology P3,P4,P5,M2,D2
It's easy I think one was histology and then you had to talk about 4 different types of tissue?
Original post by Sandra1
Its alot researching and alot corrections ect and alot of lab experiments...

thanks
It's easy I think one was histology and then you had to talk about 4 different types of tissue?

ohh okay what websites and textbooks are good to use
But there we are then? FdSc in that then do your third year direct entry and get a full BSc top up?

Yeah you can top up and get bsc in dispensing but dispensing is useless, you have go get 75% to transfer to the second year of optometry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 759
hello could you please help me understand the difference between btec level 3 90 credit diploma in applied science to BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science Level 3 if any difference

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending