The Student Room Group

Is buying a fresher ticket even worth it???

For £55-I don't even plan on going out on every event!!! How much do tickets per event usually be??!

Scroll to see replies

£5 minimum entry per place, but if I'm honest I'd just buy it so that its easier when you decide to go. Also it makes you look like a cheap arse if you scrounging on the first day. Also, it's very likely that if you tried to buy tickets in the door they will be sold out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
It's cheaper to just pick and choose but more convenient to just buy the ticket. The latter means you don't get disappointed if there's an event you wanted to attend is sold out.
Original post by mizzsnazzter
£5 minimum entry per place, but if I'm honest I'd just buy it so that its easier when you decide to go. Also it makes you look like a cheap arse if you scrounging on the first day. Also, it's very likely that if you tried to buy tickets in the door they will be sold out

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sur, I took a gap year and was partying all year. So I've experienced it properly in Ibiza!!! I'm a bit nervous on making friends though
Original post by Foreverlost--
I'm not sur, I took a gap year and was partying all year. So I've experienced it properly in Ibiza!!! I'm a bit nervous on making friends though

I don't want to go there all alone 🙈🙈🙈
This will vary massively by uni and clubs. In my experience it was a massive waste of money unless you went to pretty much every event. Not to mention there will probably be clubs that don't even charge entry, I know loads in Liverpool don't charge entry anyway.
Original post by SophieSmall
This will vary massively by uni and clubs. In my experience it was a massive waste of money unless you went to pretty much every event. Not to mention there will probably be clubs that don't even charge entry, I know loads in Liverpool don't charge entry anyway.

Thanks, I have a horrid feeling I won't have any friends-well no one will at first and I'll be standing on my own!!! Not fun!!!😁🙈🙈🙈

But, no I'm not planning on attending every single event so what's the point hahaha! I'll still make friends thorough societies and my course. But, I don't want to be odd without a wristband. Plus they've hyped it up- like you're going to get a free buffet with that and promotions-which you could still get by showing your uni identity card!!

I don't know really, some party events do look quite appealing-freshers zoo/Ibiza white party theme/school night theme hahaa bar crawl etc .. Not sure still?!!..😕😕😑😳🙈🙈🙈🙈
If you really want to meet people, club, party, talk etc. then yeah. Otherwise, if you're willing to just meet whoever you're going to be living with and who is on your course like me :h:, then it's a waste of money. That money could be used on something else, honestly, like a week's worth of meals plus any extra little things you want.
Thanks, I have a horrid feeling I won't have any friends-well no one will at first and I'll be standing on my own!!! Not fun!!!😁🙈🙈🙈

But, no I'm not planning on attending every single event so what's the point hahaha! I'll still make friends thorough societies and my course. But, I don't want to be odd without a wristband. Plus they've hyped it up- like you're going to get a free buffet with that and promotions-which you could still get by showing your uni identity card!!

I don't know really, some party events do look quite appealing-freshers zoo/Ibiza white party theme/school night theme hahaa bar crawl etc .. Not sure still?!!..😕😕😑😳🙈🙈🙈🙈

From my experience not that many people bothered with the wristband anyway. Non of my flat mates or next door had one.
Original post by EllainKahlo
If you really want to meet people, club, party, talk etc. then yeah. Otherwise, if you're willing to just meet whoever you're going to be living with and who is on your course like me :h:, then it's a waste of money. That money could be used on something else, honestly, like a week's worth of meals plus any extra little things you want.

Well to be honest, I don't really care about people-I don't w at to sound horrible--but most after my 3 years I will probably most likely never ever see again!!! But just to pass time obviously. I'm a party mad person, but I'm only going to go to like 4/5 events maximum!!!!! I hope the tickets are cheap, but then people say-oh they may not let you in due to tickets being sold?!' Nonsense! 😏😏
Original post by SophieSmall
From my experience not that many people bothered with the wristband anyway. Non of my flat mates or next door had one.

Thanks for that!!! I'll take your advice 👍👍👍😊😊and only attend ones I want-if they're sold out -then that's completely shiiiiii experience for a new student!!! 😏
For £55-I don't even plan on going out on every event!!! How much do tickets per event usually be??!

which uni you going to?
[QUOTE="scriberg;59359427"]which uni you going to?[/QUOTE

It starts next Monday 😕😑😑🙈🙈🎉 and kcl
[QUOTE="Foreverlost--;59359567"]
Original post by scriberg
which uni you going to?[/QUOTE

It starts next Monday 😕😑😑🙈🙈🎉 and kcl

tickets are around £7-8 so even if you go to 7 events you're getting your money's worth

plus your fresher's is in london which is gonna be loud af
Well to be honest, I don't really care about people-I don't w at to sound horrible--but most after my 3 years I will probably most likely never ever see again!!! But just to pass time obviously. I'm a party mad person, but I'm only going to go to like 4/5 events maximum!!!!! I hope the tickets are cheap, but then people say-oh they may not let you in due to tickets being sold?!' Nonsense! 😏😏

I honestly don't care about meeting people at university, enough to pass the time and chat in lessons etc. but after that, as you said I'm probably never going to speak to any of them again. For my uni, for all the events the fresher's pass was £60 I think, rubbish, not paying that under any circumstances.

There should be an option to buy tickets for individual events if they're not already sold out, seems more cost effective since you don't want to pay for something you're not going to have time to go or will be full.
[QUOTE="scriberg;59359683"]

tickets are around £7-8 so even if you go to 7 events you're getting your money's worth

plus your fresher's is in london which is gonna be loud af

Hmmm ... Now I can't make my mind up ?!!😁😁😔🎈🎉
You see im a bit confused
I honestly don't care about meeting people at university, enough to pass the time and chat in lessons etc. but after that, as you said I'm probably never going to speak to any of them again. For my uni, for all the events the fresher's pass was £60 I think, rubbish, not paying that under any circumstances.

There should be an option to buy tickets for individual events if they're not already sold out, seems more cost effective since you don't want to pay for something you're not going to have time to go or will be full.

It doesn't let me rate your post -by same user) hahaa 😊👍👍👍.. What uni you at? And it's bad bit stupid in my personal opinion knackering yourself out silly and going to all events-this is not a party resort like Ibiza (which I had the best time) or ayia napa-😏😳😕🎉🎉👌

So... I'm inly going to go and buy the 4-6 I'm interested in!!! I think freshers should be completely free of charge though

Hmmm ... Now I can't make my mind up ?!!😁😁😔🎈🎉
You see im a bit confused

its not that hard! you might change your mind when you're at uni and go to a few more events
It doesn't let me rate your post -by same user) hahaa 😊👍👍👍.. What uni you at? And it's bad bit stupid in my personal opinion knackering yourself out silly and going to all events-this is not a party resort like Ibiza (which I had the best time) or ayia napa-😏😳😕🎉🎉👌

So... I'm inly going to go and buy the 4-6 I'm interested in!!! I think freshers should be completely free of charge though

Warwick :smile: I do too, or just no charge to get in and a regular charge for buying your own food/drinks. I'm not into parties or clubbing, I'm going to uni to study after all so it's no bother to me if I don't go to any fresher's events.
Warwick :smile: I do too, or just no charge to get in and a regular charge for buying your own food/drinks. I'm not into parties or clubbing, I'm going to uni to study after all so it's no bother to me if I don't go to any fresher's events.

I totally get you!!😊😊 but just staying in your room will get a bit boring and your flat mates will start to question-but who cares what people say/think!!!😂 👌 I'm only going to go to like 4-5 maximum!!! It's all overhyped to be honest really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending