The Student Room Group

is anyone here not attracted to white girls/guys?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alicia_x
@Blue_Mason you also said/implied that certain black inidivudals will have interracial relationships in a multicultural society because "it is expected of them." Not to be a b*tch, but is it possible that the reason you're so against interracial dating within your race is because you are bitter for whatever reason?

I am pretty much in touch with the current young generation as I am only 22.
I am not saying that my race is superior or better than, whatever other race, but please understand that a white or an Asian person would say the same without trying to be offensive.
Well if a black person grows up mostly amongst white people, the yes that person is expected to intermix, but if you're around other black people then that should not be an option that you would take seriously.
Original post by ParadiseFound
I think he's right though, you need to ask yourself why 50% of black men (particularly black Caribbean, a bastardised culture still reaping the effects of post colonialism) date outside of there race compared to the minimal numbers you see in tightly knitted ethnocentric communities like Indian ones. It's because one lusts after the White ideal and the other doesn't.

I'm not saying all interracial couples are are a result of that but if you look at statistics there are trends, white people most desirable etc

A lot of the black men I know would date anyone but a black girl, I honestly don't understand why. I very much agree with the 50% number from real life experience. It's as if they hate themselves and want a "lightskin" baby so they want to selectively breed.
Didn't mean to be anonymous, above post is by me^
Original post by Anonymous
A lot of the black men I know would date anyone but a black girl, I honestly don't understand why. I very much agree with the 50% number from real life experience. It's as if they hate themselves and want a "lightskin" baby so they want to selectively breed.

That is one of the most ignorant posts that I have witnessed on here.
Original post by Blue_Mason
That is one of the most ignorant posts that I have witnessed on here.

very true though.
very true though.

**** again, my post. Anonymous keeps ticking itself
very true though.

There is no truth to your statement, as the majority of black men want to be with a black woman, as your ignorance cannot change the natural dynamics.
Reply 287
Attraction of ethnic minorities in this country to white people and to "their own" need not be mutually exclusive.

P.S I don't really think that an interracial relationship is possible for myself, seeing as I have two mixed-race parents already :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Also very true for East asian female

There is no truth to your statement, as the majority of black men want to be with a black woman, as your ignorance cannot change the natural dynamics.

That's why 50% of black men are married to other races then? Marrying outside in other cultures is like 7% ( Pakistai/Indian/Bangladesh) ... White (2%) etc

Asian females also do this (self hate - wanting white features in your child):
http://funkyimg.com/i/WCXB.png
Original post by stargirl63
You said that it's okay for the minority of people to intermix, so I want to know why you think it's okay. Obviously there is going to be some, agreed - however this doesn't make it "okay" in your view does it? And what if the minority become the majority of people who intermix - would that not be acceptable to you? Why?

The reason why an Asian woman and her family wouldn't be okay with it is due to family traditions and cultures - in saying that, that is the view of a previous generation. And in future generations, I feel this will become less and less of an issue as immigration and ethnic diversity will happen - it's inevitable.

The reason why I personally feel it's "wrong" for you to think that is because there is no reason for you to feel that way. Why is it "best" for your race. What are you "protecting" your race from? If we do choose to intermix, what are you afraid will happen, or result in? I'm trying to comprehend the exact reason you feel the way you feel.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200601/mixed-race-pretty-face ---> check this article out, there's actually a number of benefits, only a few mentioned here, which mean that it's potentially advantageous to have a genetic mix of some sort. If anything, it's a preference to be mixed ethnically, physically, visually, and medically.

In that article, it said " Eurasians and other mixed race individuals appear healthier". They appear healthier, not that they are healthier.

Because it would appear healthier to have mixed children, people should go out of their way to produce the new in thing, 21st century mindset mixed race children? How ridiculous.

If it's anything, people from Africa should be the most healthiest because they withstand the most infections. If an African descent British born child cannot withstand the harsh conditions in Africa, what hope would a mixed race child born in Europe have?

And attractiveness is subjective, not all mixed race people are attractive. It is vain to marry a person just because you want to produce an aesthetically pleasing child. If this is the reason for marrying other races, then it's no wonder mixed race relationships especially those with black men and white women hardly last with normal everyday people. For celebrities, this couples last for only 5 years. This is a fact, check statistics for it. It is not only vain, but pure stupidity to marry someone only because you want to produce a mixed race child. Life is more than a pretty face mate.

I find that most mixed race people, especially those raised by their Caucasian mums, always have a hatred for black people. This is not the same for those with black mums though.
Reply 291
anyways back to OP's question.
For me I don't really find them attractive then POC, but my friends does
(I'm Asian and my friend is Latina)
There are attractive people in every race, I find it silly to have a preference tbh. Usually it comes with preconcieved notions of certain races or stereotypes that all people in that race look a certain way.

White girls
Black girls
Latinas
South Asians
East Asians
Arabs

I just like girls man.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
But since when are pointy noises even a trait associated with white people? Blue eyes, yes. Blonde hair, yes, but pointy noises?

Actually, I wouldn't have thought blonde hair and blue eyes is an associated trait with white people actually - because there's a number of brunettes, gingers, brown eyes etc.

Perhaps pointed noses is not a trait associated with white people, but it's something I personally have noticed.
In that article, it said " Eurasians and other mixed race individuals appear healthier". They appear healthier, not that they are healthier.

Because it would appear healthier to have mixed children, people should go out of their way to produce the new in thing, 21st century mindset mixed race children? How ridiculous.

If it's anything, people from Africa should be the most healthiest because they withstand the most infections. If an African descent British born child cannot withstand the harsh conditions in Africa, what hope would a mixed race child born in Europe have?

And attractiveness is subjective, not all mixed race people are attractive. It is vain to marry a person just because you want to produce an aesthetically pleasing child. If this is the reason for marrying other races, then it's no wonder mixed race relationships especially those with black men and white women hardly last with normal everyday people. For celebrities, this couples last for only 5 years. This is a fact, check statistics for it. It is not only vain, but pure stupidity to marry someone only because you want to produce a mixed race child. Life is more than a pretty face mate.

I find that most mixed race people, especially those raised by their Caucasian mums, always have a hatred for black people. This is not the same for those with black mums though.

I don't really know why you're responding to my message and not keeping in the line the context of my response. I never said people should go out of their way to have mixed race babies. I did not say this is a "reason" for marrying other races.How ridiculous. I was simply showing the benefits of having mixed race children, as opposed to "protecting" races, as the post I was replying to said. I was asking to what there is "protection" from... health, physical advantages, etc etc.

Not all mixed race people are attractive, correct. However in my opinion the percentage of attractive mixed race people seems to be higher than those from one race.

Even social examples e.g. white people who want a tan, or Asian people wanting fairer skin, white people who want permed curly hair, black people who wear hair extensions and don't want to be in the sun too long because they don't want to get "too dark" ...these things happen, not because they want to be mixed race, but because the traits of someone who is mixed race (curly hair, medium tanned skin etc), is seen as attractive. One of my mixed race friends has bouncy curly hair - everyone wants to touch it and play with it because it's so stunning. You don't see that with the white girls straight hair.

Most celebrity couples, whether interracial or once race, have very short marriages, so that's irrelevant.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by stargirl63
I don't really know why you're responding to my message and not keeping in the line the context of my response. I never said people should go out of their way to have mixed race babies. I did not say this is a "reason" for marrying other races.How ridiculous. I was simply showing the benefits of having mixed race children, as opposed to "protecting" races, as the post I was replying to said. I was asking to what there is "protection" from... health, physical advantages, etc etc.

Not all mixed race people are attractive, correct. However in my opinion the percentage of attractive mixed race people seems to be higher than those from one race.

Even social examples e.g. white people who want a tan, or Asian people wanting fairer skin, white people who want permed curly hair, black people who wear hair extensions and don't want to be in the sun too long because they don't want to get "too dark" ...these things happen, not because they want to be mixed race, but because the traits of someone who is mixed race (curly hair, medium tanned skin etc), is seen as attractive. 1 One of my mixed race friends has bouncy curly hair - everyone wants to touch it and play with it because it's so stunning. You don't see that with the white girls straight hair.

2. Most celebrity couples, whether interracial or once race, have very short marriages, so that's irrelevant.

1. Not ALL mixed race people have curly hair, medium tanned skin etc. You keep going on about aesthetics, so superficial. Everyone has it's fair share of beautiful people, black, white, Asian, green, purple etc. Being mixed does not automatically make a person attractive for goodness sake
2. Funny how you cherry picked only the marriages of celebrities. I said, normal everyday people's marriage with black men and white women don't last for long, they end in divorce. White men and black women marriages are least likely to end in divorce compared to ALL interracial pairings. Check the internet.

"Compared to White/White couples, White female/Black male, and White female/Asian male marriages were more prone to divorce; meanwhile, those involving non-White females and White males and Hispanics and non-Hispanic persons had similar or lower risks of divorce" http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1741-3729.2008.00491.x/abstract

"Marriages including a black husband and white wife were more prone to divorce than those composed of black husbands and black wives. Black male/white female couples also had the highest likelihood of divorce of all white/non-white marriages" https://aloftyexistence.wordpress.com/2010/11/18/interracial-marriage-and-divorce-the-study/
I am not attracted to white males, I think white males need to start knowing that not everyone is attracted to them.
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow
Espcially to black girls and guys. Do any of you have an attraction to your own. I mean considering the type thread many prefer their own so why is it hard for you?

YO, what's wiv all dis racial hatred? How bout you listen to my man Bob like he says "One Love"!

-peace
reality is that non-whites obsess over whether whites find them attractive whereas white people couldnt care less.
I am pretty much in touch with the current young generation as I am only 22.
I am not saying that my race is superior or better than, whatever other race, but please understand that a white or an Asian person would say the same without trying to be offensive.
Well if a black person grows up mostly amongst white people, the yes that person is expected to intermix, but if you're around other black people then that should not be an option that you would take seriously.

No, those black individuals raised in mutli cultural societies are not "expected" to mix, they are "expected" to do whatever the héll they want. They can be with WHOEVER THEY LIKE.

And, I see...

You pulled the age card without even being half a decade older than me? I apologise. With all your 'wisdom' in regards to the rest of the world, I'd assumed you were much older than that.

In all honesty, I don't care what race you are. I don't care what race an individual is when they say things like: they protest against interracial relationships and how "inoffensive" they're trying to sound whilst saying it. To me, a reason such as "people of other races would agree" isn't an excuse -- of course some people would! Just like there are people of varying races with the same ideals in regards to homophobia, rape, murder etc. It doesn't make what you're saying right.

I'm not saying everyone *has* to have an interracial relationship and if you're black and you've been raised around other black individuals and prefer to date within your own race (*without* completely disregarding or excluding other races, because I think that's discriminatory), then good for you!

My problem is this: the world does not think the way you do. Some people e.g. black men and women, will not be able to control who they fall in love with, you said it yourself. They may fall in love with someone of a different race and will want to have kids with them. You do not have a right to tell these people what they can and cannot do. End of. There is no argument for that.

I understand your pride for your race and wanting to "prevent dilution" (even if I don't agree with it) but the fact is, not all black individuals will procreate with these other races, and some of them will. That's just tough and I think you need to stop saying offensive things (whether that's your intent or not) like: "I protest against interracial relationships". The fact is, these black individuals won't care what you think. At all. I'm sorry, but they really won't. Their (rightful) logic will be: it is their life and they should do what they want.

People like you don't need to be telling them what to do.

What I've said applies to everyone from other races too, who will say what you've said, and even to individuals who feel the need to say things like: "I don't agree with homosexual relationships because I want to prevent the human race from becoming extinct." [Seriously, this is actually what you sound like!]

The fact is, the reason for your and for those homophobic individuals' objections are stupid and are very, very unlikely to happen.
You need to understand what you actually sound like because you have no right to comment on anyone's sexual relationships and say things like, "those in interracial relationships don't have genuine attraction." It is very ignorant and a lot of sensible people won't like you for it.

You also haven't answered the question on whether or not black individuals with no racial preference can have interracial relationships. I assume you disagree, which in my book makes you racist/discriminatory, or at the very least ignorant.

You don't like racism against your race or any other? I think you're a hypocrite and have no right to be against it if you're going to do the exact same thing. Think about it.

Racism dictionary definition: Prejudice or discrimintation against a race. [Or treating one race as superior to another]

1] Discrimintation dictionary definition: treatment of an individual or group to their disadvantage (in this case, treating other races as unable to have an intimate relationship with a person of another race and whom they like/ love, disadvantages* them).

*disadvantage dictionary definition: a set back or loss.

2] Also defined as discrimination: treatment based on class, race or category -- which is what you're doing. [Also falls under the dictionary definition of bigotry].

Put two and two together...

For this reason, I have lost respect for you.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending