The Student Room Group

Spliced and diced - perhaps one day, a little shredded!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dazzzzzla
Glad I have affected all of you in such a way you can't let it go haha!

On the contrary - people who use steroids only have to lift a pencil to grow. Right Monster?

Blah blah blah blah blah...

Ps - Monster - stop living in the past, you lift 10kg now. Stop saying 'back in the day' and posting pictures of yourself. Let it go mate...

Na night lovers x

Ye ok ...
loool why's it even matter what people lift or don't lift. Tbh you can't even know for sure about lifting beyond a certain level. And even if you did, just produce results then maybe people will listen. And even then its a very shady maybe.
Feeling p glad that i stick to my own thread nowadays.
Original post by danadd9
Feeling p glad that i stick to my own thread nowadays.

I sometimes feel its better for me to stay in other people's blogs tbh

Today

Single leg press
Up to 67.5kg 3 x 12
Lower back not great so did this

DB OHP
Up to 25kg DBs 1 x 8
1 x 10
1 x 12
1 x 6
Pump was real

Pendlay row
Up to 95kg 2 x 4
1 x 5 PB

Gains

Pullups
+5kg 1 x 12
1 x 10

Lateral raises
10kg DBs 3 x 10

Neutral press
27.5kg DBs 2 x 10

Ab pushout
35kg DB 1 x 20
1 x 30

Facepulls
Level 3 2 x 8

Not bad, hurt thumb warming up on pendlay rows; floor is spongy and the bar bounced up after a set and created a nice knurling imprint.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I google imaged pendlay rows

I wish I hadn't
Original post by Angry cucumber
I sometimes feel its better for me to stay in other people's blogs tbh

Today

Single leg press
Up to 67.5kg 3 x 12
Lower back not great so did this

DB OHP
Up to 25kg DBs 1 x 8
1 x 10
1 x 12
1 x 6
Pump was real

Pendlay row
Up to 95kg 2 x 4
1 x 5 PB

Gains

Pullups
+5kg 1 x 12
1 x 10

Lateral raises
10kg DBs 3 x 10

Neutral press
27.5kg DBs 2 x 10

Ab pushout
35kg DB 1 x 20
1 x 30

Facepulls
Level 3 2 x 8

Not bad, hurt thumb warming up on pendlay rows; floor is spongy and the bar bounced up after a set and created a nice knurling imprint.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm quite pissed that any decent ROM on the leg press annoys my lower back, it's strange.

Anyway impressive penlay rows, also thought a 100kg P row was way more
Impressive than a 100kg bench

Posted from TSR Mobile
So far this week I've done 25miles on the bike commuting

An hours touch rugby, nothing too strenuous

Original post by monsterzero
I google imaged pendlay rows

I wish I hadn't

If it's the movement; why. If it's the picture of the man on his front, I understand entirely

Original post by Slipandsquirm
I'm quite pissed that any decent ROM on the leg press annoys my lower back, it's strange.

Anyway impressive penlay rows, also thought a 100kg P row was way more
Impressive than a 100kg bench

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aye, it's machine dependant, the one at my home gym is fine, the one at uni I have to fiddle with the settings as to not annoy it

Cheers man, pendlays have always been a favourite, finally getting strongish at them :biggrin:
The hairy man :frown:

P Rows aren't to my preference , but if they work for you , good
Original post by monsterzero
The hairy man :frown:

P Rows aren't to my preference , but if they work for you , good

I saw that too... awful

Cheers man, pendlays have always been a favourite, finally getting strongish at them :biggrin:

ROM
Original post by Dazzzzzla
ROM

Congratulations on finding your keyboard

It is weird because it is right in front of my computer, right?

Yeh I forgot to mention, you should lay face down on a bench to do them - dat dere isolation for retraction 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Slipandsquirm
Yeh I forgot to mention, you should lay face down on a bench to do them - dat dere isolation for retraction 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

None of my benches in my gym are suitable for that + it wouldn't be a pendlay row if I did that :wink:
None of my benches in my gym are suitable for that + it wouldn't be a pendlay row if I did that :wink:

ROM, DOE
I am pretty curious about your Pendlay row form if you can do the same weight on them as you did on those T-bars. I understand Pendlay style rows to be very strict (probably stricter than the ones I posted).

But you've been told by dazla (who's reached his final form) how ROM is more important :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SmashConcept
I am pretty curious about your Pendlay row form if you can do the same weight on them as you did on those T-bars. I understand Pendlay style rows to be very strict (probably stricter than the ones I posted).

I'll video next time :smile:
Original post by SmashConcept
I understand Pendlay style rows to be very strict (probably stricter than the ones I posted).

I call any row from the floor a Pendlay row as otherwise people assume it's just a bent over row. Glenn Pendlay teaches a super strict from-the-floor row (hence the usual naming) whereas other coaches e.g. Rippetoe advocate hip extension too.
Original post by Implication
I call any row from the floor a Pendlay row as otherwise people assume it's just a bent over row. Glenn Pendlay teaches a super strict from-the-floor row (hence the usual naming) whereas other coaches e.g. Rippetoe advocate hip extension too.

I follow something in between of the two

Probably shot myself in the foot for when I video it lol :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest