The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emma_1111
I think your stats are too good for St Georges! I would look at Cardiff, Glasgow, Hull/York, Brighton and Sussex and maybe Exeter, have you thought about doing the BMAT? It be a good idea to look at UCL/ Oxbridge/ Imperial especially with your AS'

Not to be too critical about what you said, but are you sure that my stats are too good? Ive been looking at Exeter, Edinburgh, Bristol and Birmingham threads, and they all seem to have UKCAT scores well above 700
I think your stats are too good for St Georges! I would look at Cardiff, Glasgow, Hull/York, Brighton and Sussex and maybe Exeter, have you thought about doing the BMAT? It be a good idea to look at UCL/ Oxbridge/ Imperial especially with your AS'

"too good"?

'too good' ... then recommends BMAT unis
Reply 2603
Original post by uptownfunk
I plan on applying to this university with the following stats
My UKCAT score average is VR - 600, QR - 750, AR - 620, DA - 670, SJT - Band 1, which gives an average of 660.
I got 6A*s and 2As in my IGCSE A*s in 3 Sciences, Maths, ICT, Accounting As in Economics and English
I have 90% UMS in 3 of my AS levels - Biology, Maths and Physics 87% UMS in Chemistry So my predicted is all 3A*s 1A.
Do you think its a good idea to apply? Which other universities would you suggest?

Hi. We have similar stats which other unis are you considering.
Not sure whether I stand a chance or not if I am going to apply St. George...
I got 6A* 3A 1B in GCSEs, scoring B in English Language
I got AACC in my AS Maths Physics Chemistry and Biology I am very sure this is not my potential so I am going to resit 1 module from each of Biology and Chemistry. My teachers believe that this is not part of my usual performance and so they are very likely to predict me AAAB as I continue 4 A2 this year.
I got 722.5 (2890) in my UKCAT, where SJT is Band 2.
I have got no work experience in medical field but have been working in a community centre during the summer and mentioned the fact that I have already applied to the work experience in an NHS hospital in my PS.
Do you guys think that I stand any chance of receiving an interview from St. George? Thanks for helping!!!!
Original post by Rampage
'too good' ... then recommends BMAT unis

as in their AS results would work in their favour for BMAT unis like Cambridge or UCL
Original post by funky386
Hi if this is a medicine forum I guess people are studying a level chem. Plleeeeasse can some one help I'm really stuck on this question?!

It says the following equation is not balanced:
MgI2(s) + Fe3+(aq) --> Mg2+(aq) + I2(s) + Fe2+(aq)

How is this unbalanced and what is the balanced equation?

Thanks in advance!!xx

just add 2 in front Fe3+ and Fe2+

It's unbalanced as the charges are not equal on both sides...
Original post by goddiejs
Not sure whether I stand a chance or not if I am going to apply St. George...
I got 6A* 3A 1B in GCSEs, scoring B in English Language
I got AACC in my AS Maths Physics Chemistry and Biology I am very sure this is not my potential so I am going to resit 1 module from each of Biology and Chemistry. My teachers believe that this is not part of my usual performance and so they are very likely to predict me AAAB as I continue 4 A2 this year.
I got 722.5 (2890) in my UKCAT, where SJT is Band 2.
I have got no work experience in medical field but have been working in a community centre during the summer and mentioned the fact that I have already applied to the work experience in an NHS hospital in my PS.
Do you guys think that I stand any chance of receiving an interview from St. George? Thanks for helping!!!!

If each sub section is over 500, then yeah you'd be pretty much set for an interview
I met the UKCAT section requirements for St George's but I got 2600 overall score (650 average). Is it risky to apply this year with that score? Please quote me if u reply
Reply 2609
Between which months does St Georges interview their applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rp165
Between which months does St Georges interview their applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

December till April
Reply 2611
Hi everyone! Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for St Georges interview? They have MMIs x thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
for st georges it says that you have to score a minimum of 500 in each section but then that the total overall cut off score will be published in November. does this mean everyone with a score above 500 in each section has an interview? slightly confused, thanks!
Reply 2613
In order to get an interview, you must satisfy two conditions:

1. to score minimum of 500 in each section.
2. to score above the cut off point. (The total overall score is the sum of all sections, The cut off score usually is the "Mean"). A cut off score will be published in Nov; this total overall score and cut off score change yearly based on applicants' pool.

Therefore, anyone who score above the cutoff and score higher than 500 in each section MAYBE invited for interview.
Original post by dwctse
In order to get an interview, you must satisfy two conditions:

1. to score minimum of 500 in each section.
2. to score above the cut off point. (The total overall score is the sum of all sections, The cut off score usually is the "Mean":wink:. A cut off score will be published in Nov; this total overall score and cut off score change yearly based on applicants' pool.

Therefore, anyone who score above the cutoff and score higher than 500 in each section MAYBE invited for interview.

Great thank you,I have a score of 1900/2700 do you think I will be considered? Average of 633
Reply 2615
It seems 633 is fine, and it all depends on the pool. (Note: your score is somewhere near the minimum for the past few years)
You may want to call SGUL for the past UKCAT cut off score.
Original post by dwctse
It seems 633 is fine, and it all depends on the pool. (Note: your score is somewhere near the minimum for the past few years)
You may want to call SGUL for the past UKCAT cut off score.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending