The Student Room Group

Not sent 2016 ucas application?

Has ANYONE applying for next year not sent their applications off yet??

I haven't i haven't even shown a teacher yet! But a lot of people are already getting offers - fair enough a lot of the ones i know are those who had to apply in October e.g. for Oxbridge or certain courses, but i hear of other people getting offers now!? stress. Please help.
Don't worry the deadline is not till January so majority would not have sent their applications off yet.
I haven't sent mine off yet, although I'm aiming to get it done by 13th November (the deadline my college has set). The official deadline isn't until 15th January I believe, so you still have plenty of time :smile:
Is currently being checked by my college Hoping to send mine off by the end of the month

Posted from TSR Mobile
The deadline isn't until January so you still have plenty of time. The majority of people will not have sent their's yet.
I really hope I'm not the only one...
Still to decide on what my 5th choice will be...
Original post by AlexS101
I really hope I'm not the only one...
Still to decide on what my 5th choice will be...

You can apply with 4 now and add the 5th later.
Not even started on my personal statement:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ambergraver
Has ANYONE applying for next year not sent their applications off yet??

I haven't i haven't even shown a teacher yet! But a lot of people are already getting offers - fair enough a lot of the ones i know are those who had to apply in October e.g. for Oxbridge or certain courses, but i hear of other people getting offers now!? stress. Please help.

End October around 20% of (UK) applicants will have applied.
End of November around 50% will have applied (a lot of schools have half term as the deadline for students to get their application sorted and so a LOT get sent through in the month after as references get added)
End December (ie with only a fortnight to go to the deadline) 80% of applications will be in.

About 5% of applications from UK students come in after the deadline.

Universities are well aware of the application cycle and the fact that the majority of applications will arrive in November and December (with a big surge in the run up to the deadline) and are well aware of their obligations for running a fair admissions process with equal consideration for everyone who applies by the deadline. There is NO benefit to applying early (other than your own piece of mind/being able to focus on other things) - if you meet the deadlines you'll have as much chance of an offer as someone who applied on the first day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending