The Student Room Group

What you want?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yasaminO_o
I am what you would call "leftist scum" haha

Well I would call people in UKIP "leftist scum". :biggrin:

So what do you want then? Are you of British legacy and ancestry. I can't be sure from your name and profile pic. :redface:
Original post by william walker
Well I would call people in UKIP "leftist scum". :biggrin:

So what do you want then? Are you of British legacy and ancestry. I can't be sure from your name and profile pic. :redface:

No I'm first genration Azerbaijani, I just want social equality for everyone I don't think that's too much to ask
Republicanism - Abolish the monarchy

Secularism - No more CoE state religion
No I'm first genration Azerbaijani, I just want social equality for everyone I don't think that's too much to ask

What does that social equality actually mean though?

So you are British then or Azerbaijani?
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
Republicanism - Abolish the monarchy

Secularism - No more CoE state religion

Another one who isn't British and wants to destroy the nation state.
Another one who isn't British and wants to destroy the nation state.

Lol what ethnicity do you think I am?
Lol what ethnicity do you think I am?

I don't care.
What does that social equality actually mean though?

So you are British then or Azerbaijani?

Both my parents and I are of British nationality, by blood we're Azerbaijani.
And I would want a completely secular state with complete freedom of worship, a justice system that focuses on rehabilitation and reformation rather than retribution, higher taxes on large corporations, and this will probably hurt you the most: to stay in the EU.
I don't care.

Without so much as a scrap of evidence you assumed I am not British
Without so much as a scrap of evidence you assumed I am not British

You can't be British if you want to destroy the nation state.
The people to have the power

British is defined in terms of nationality, if you have a red passport, you are British.
British is defined in terms of nationality, if you have a red passport, you are British.

No. That is how the government defines it. Just because the government gives an Irish former IRA member a British passport doesn't make them British. Much more to being British than a passport.

wow this escalated quickly lol
Both my parents and I are of British nationality, by blood we're Azerbaijani.
And I would want a completely secular state with complete freedom of worship, a justice system that focuses on rehabilitation and reformation rather than retribution, higher taxes on large corporations, and this will probably hurt you the most: to stay in the EU.

So are you British or Azerbaijani?

We have had freedom of worship in Britain since 1688. So what you really want is freedom of religion where there is no established or preeminent Church to protect the religious people from the secular government.

A justice system should be about justice. The due punishment of able subjects.

I want to remove taxation as much as possible. However I don't have anything against taxing large multi-nation corporation more.

If I thought the EU was going to last more than a few year then I would want to be a member of it. However I think the EU will break apart with a few years and we should leave before it does.
No. That is how the government defines it. Just because the government gives an Irish former IRA member a British passport doesn't make them British. Much more to being British than a passport.

Why do you feel you have more authority on what is and is not British than the incumbent British government?
So are you British or Azerbaijani?

We have had freedom of worship in Britain since 1688. So what you really want is freedom of religion where there is no established or preeminent Church to protect the religious people from the secular government.

A justice system should be about justice. The due punishment of able subjects.

I want to remove taxation as much as possible. However I don't have anything against taxing large multi-nation corporation more.

If I thought the EU was going to last more than a few year then I would want to be a member of it. However I think the EU will break apart with a few years and we should leave before it does.

Omg it's possible to be both British and Azerbaijani, they're not mutually exclusive calm down dear
Why do you feel you have more authority on what is and is not British than the incumbent British government?

Because Britain isn't the government. It is the institutions of the nation state.

hahaha rekt
Omg it's possible to be both British and Azerbaijani, they're not mutually exclusive calm down dear

No it isn't possible to be both. You can't call yourself British and have a clear allegiance to another nation. This is why people born and raised in Britain go and join the IRA and ISIL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending