The Student Room Group

Kings College London or Leeds ?

Hi

I have recently received offers from KCL for studying French and Management (AAB) and Leeds for studying Economics and French (AAA).

I am struggling to decide what to put as my firm, it will either be KCL or Leeds. I currently live just outside of London but my main concerns are student life/satisfaction and future employability.

I went to both of the open days and equally like them, now I am faced with the dilemma of choosing which one to put as my firm.

I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions.
😄😄😄.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by M.I.1998

Don't make a decision yet. There's plenty of time between now and the deadline.
Hi

I have recently received offers from KCL for studying French and Management (AAB) and Leeds for studying Economics and French (AAA).

I am struggling to decide what to put as my firm, it will either be KCL or Leeds. I currently live just outside of London but my main concerns are student life/satisfaction and future employability.

I went to both of the open days and equally like them, now I am faced with the dilemma of choosing which one to put as my firm.

😄😄😄.

I wouldn't choose KCL if you want a good student life (affordable) and student satisfaction, everything is so expensive, busy, noisy. Leeds, on the other hand, I'm not sure if it is a campus but I assume it has a more student scene, and Economics and French seems like a better course, well in my opinion anyway.
You have ages to decide.. I didn't make my decision until May, don't rush :smile:
Reply 3
Hi

😄😄😄.

There's no rush to decide yet because you still got till May and all I would say is don't rush. Do more research and also there is going to be offer holders opening day. Go to the openings and ask whatever questions you got and then make your choices. Personally I would go with King's College London because it's ranked at 9 for French and the future employment is at 76 which is same as Cambridge while Leeds is at 72 and rank 21. Also you said you live just outside London and it's not far from you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

😄😄😄.

Why don't you research on them and find forums and blogs so that you can ask students who are currently in it to give you their opinions.
Hope this helps.
Reply 5
Original post by lizmoo0721
I wouldn't choose KCL if you want a good student life (affordable) and student satisfaction, everything is so expensive, busy, noisy. Leeds, on the other hand, I'm not sure if it is a campus but I assume it has a more student scene, and Economics and French seems like a better course, well in my opinion anyway.
You have ages to decide.. I didn't make my decision until May, don't rush :smile:

I will definitely take my time to make a decision 😄. I'm drawn towards the student vibe at Leeds and I know that London is very expensive but I'll just go to the applicant offer days. Thanks for the advice😄😄😄.
Reply 6
Original post by bridgetbonsi
Why don't you research on them and find forums and blogs so that you can ask students who are currently in it to give you their opinions.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for your advice 😄
Reply 7
The student scene in Leeds is probably one of the best in the country. So if that's what you're after then pick Leeds.
Personally I wouldn't go to a uni in London.
Reply 8
Original post by Waliid
There's no rush to decide yet because you still got till May and all I would say is don't rush. Do more research and also there is going to be offer holders opening day. Go to the openings and ask whatever questions you got and then make your choices. Personally I would go with King's College London because it's ranked at 9 for French and the future employment is at 76 which is same as Cambridge while Leeds is at 72 and rank 21. Also you said you live just outside London and it's not far from you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am so glad that I have time to make my decision 😂. It's definatly not one to be rushed. Thank you for your advice 😂.
Leeds! Better student life, fab city, fab campus and economics is more respected that management!
Hi

😄😄😄.

If I were you I'd look at
- chances of getting accommodation at each uni
- whether there are any particular societies you'd want to join
- which uni has modules that you prefer (this is really important)

Both unis have excellent employment prospects overall, so long as you go out and get work experience alongside your degree, but if you want to find the stats, have a look at unistats.ac.uk

Posted from TSR Mobile
do you want to study management or economics?
do you want to live in London or Leeds?
are your predicted grades closer to AAB or AAA? do you think you'll achieve AAB or AAA?
have you looked at the modules?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending