The Student Room Group

10 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True

Of course bonkers conspiracy theories can exist. But what is very surprising is how official "truth", the truth that comes from the officialdom, commonperception, government, educators and corporations is somehow held on apedestal and not subjected to proper scrutiny. As soon as someone attempts tostate that an official version of the truth is not correct, they are labelled without investigation or enquiry as a "Conspiracy theorist". Thereare many cases where the "conspiracy theorists" were right:

1. The Nurse Nayirahfalse testimony that was used to coerce the First Gulf War.
2. The Iran Contraaffair - CIA involvement with the drug trade
3. The Gulf of Tonkinfalse flag incident
4. The Snowdenrevelations - Project Prism

People that have thistype of self-righteous indignation towards people who question the officialtruth are wrong in their opinions and their approach. Not only this, they arepeople who are very unhelpful to humanity and are a threat to humanity by beingwilling to perpetuate falsehoods - these are clearly deluded people. Yes I am saying it, most people are deluded.

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by revealer(tm)
Of course bonkers conspiracy theories can exist. But what is very surprising is how official "truth", the truth that comes from the officialdom, commonperception, government, educators and corporations is somehow held on apedestal and not subjected to proper scrutiny. As soon as someone attempts tostate that an official version of the truth is not correct, they are labelled without investigation or enquiry as a "Conspiracy theorist". Thereare many cases where the "conspiracy theorists" were right:

People that have thistype of self-righteous indignation towards people who question the officialtruth are wrong in their opinions and their approach. Not only this, they arepeople who are very unhelpful to humanity and are a threat to humanity by beingwilling to perpetuate falsehoods - these are clearly deluded people. Yes I am saying it, most people are deluded.

The thumbnail could at least look more convincing...
Apparently dank memes can't melt jet fuel
Reply 4
"The worlds going to end in 2012" :huff:

Conspiracy theory =/= the smear of someone who has made identification of something used to distort truth as a propaganda tool

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am what they would call a conspiracy theorist even though I don't see myself like that
Original post by iamthetruth
I am what they would call a conspiracy theorist even though I don't see myself like that

Anyone with any skepticism or who says that half the stuff on the news is complete rubbish like saying we were funding ISIS type groups in Syria not Assad who was trying to keep order, or who referred to the Iraq WMD scandal before it was exposed would have been regarded as a conspiracy theory.

People look at the world as how they think it should be not how it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Quackquack1
Anyone with any skepticism or who says that half the stuff on the news is complete rubbish like saying we were funding ISIS type groups in Syria not Assad who was trying to keep order, would have been regarded as a conspiracy theory.

I don't care if people call me conspiracy theorist because they can't answer the questions I would ask them.
I don't care if people call me conspiracy theorist because they can't answer the questions I would ask them.

Well that's exactly what the term was designed for, as an answer to questions people can't answer because they think that they are supposed to win the debate by calling "conspiracy theory".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
And? What about the millions that turned out to not be true?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think the holocaust was a conspiracy.
Original post by Aj12
And? What about the millions that turned out to not be true?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pls give examples of your 'millions'.
Reply 13
nearly all conspiracy theorists are completely stupid because they can't tell fact from fiction.

For example, people who believe in fake moon landings cite all sorts of evidence like it was all filmed in Hollywood but disregard the fact the Soviet Union was tracking every mile of the moon flights and monitoring all the radio transmissions. If there was any funny business, they would be the first to cry foul.
Reply 14

A fool can ask more questions than a wise man can answer.
So was the Queen a conspiracy theorist when she said "dark forces are at work"?

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-508238/What-butler-Paul-Burrell-said-Queen-Prince-Philip-Charles---himself.html And those students who outted Tony Blairs 13 billion bribe to start Gulf War II by Rupert Murdoch? Thet could not have said these things without reprisal if they were not true nor risk the damage to their own lives/reputation. I'm shocked at how much the papers dont say, like how "The father of the alleged ‘Woolwich terrorist’ Michael Adebowale is a diplomat.He works for the Nigerian High Commission"

[implication being] it was all staged to drive public outrage.
Reply 16
Original post by Skeptique
Pls give examples of your 'millions'.

Really?

Holocaust denial
Lizards controlling the world
Moon landings
Black helicopters
Roswell
Area 51
Ancient Aliens
Anything including jews
Zionist animals being used as spies
Bin Laden a us agent
7/7 bombings being carried out by the government
Pearl harbour an inside job
Hitler escaping Germany
Aliens in the government
World government
Fluoride in the water to control us
Haarp
Mind and weather control
Contrails

Many of these are headings under which there are dozens of variarions and sub theoroes. I could go on and on and on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12

Area 51
e

To be fair, area 51 is an example of theory that turned out to be true. Conspiracy theorists said for years that there was a secret facility called area 51, but it waa denied until recently. It was only some of the claims about what went on there that were false.
Original post by Aj12
Really?

Holocaust denial
Lizards controlling the world
Moon landings
Black helicopters
Roswell
Area 51
Ancient Aliens
Anything including jews
Zionist animals being used as spies
Bin Laden a us agent
7/7 bombings being carried out by the government
Pearl harbour an inside job
Hitler escaping Germany
Aliens in the government
World government
Fluoride in the water to control us
Haarp
Mind and weather control
Contrails

Many of these are headings under which there are dozens of variarions and sub theoroes. I could go on and on and on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't forget the "US created and supports ISIS" ones.
Or the "global warming is a hoax" ones. Especially that "climategate" non scandal.
DDT denialism.
"Charlie Hebdo shootings were fake" ones (yes, these seriously exist).
Pretty much every major shooting in America has conspiracy theories saying it was faked (including Sandy Hook and the recent one involving the reporter).
There's also the various "crisis actors" ones. Including one about how the protest stage of the Syrian uprising where government forces shot dead thousands of peaceful protesters was all faked by the US/CIA.

Some conspiracy theories turn out to be true - because real, reliable evidence is found for them. Otherwise known as "news" - the "mainstream media" which conspiracy theorists love to moan about does report on those ones which have evidence behind them. A bit like how "alternative medicine" if proven to work would just be called "medicine".
Original post by Farm_Ecology
To be fair, area 51 is an example of theory that turned out to be true. Conspiracy theorists said for years that there was a secret facility called area 51, but it waa denied until recently. It was only some of the claims about what went on there that were false.

The presence of Area 51 was neither confirmed nor denied the the American government.

Area 51 being and super secret base where alien space craft were kept is a tin foil hate wearing fruit loops conspiracy theory.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending