The Student Room Group

What language do you find beautiful?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thecatwithnohat
I say it irl too :rofl: Just being able to say 'I speak French and Arabic' is so classy m8 :mmm:

Ah cool, so are you bilingual with the 2 being english and french?

I want to learn Russian because nothing sounds more badass than saying 'i speak arabic and russian'
French is so horrible imo, I don't know who ever said that it was an attractive language or something of the likes. It sounds phlegm-ish and snobby and like you are constantly bored.
Reply 102
Love Italian.
Forgot to answer the question :biggrin: Arabic, Albanian, Ethiopian (it has many different types.) and the Bengali language spoken in West Bengal in India and most of Bangladesh.
Original post by Bellex
French is so horrible imo, I don't know who ever said that it was an attractive language or something of the likes. It sounds phlegm-ish and snobby and like you are constantly bored.

It depends on who is speaking and what region of France you come from lol.

Original post by saeed97
Ah cool, so are you bilingual with the 2 being english and french?

I want to learn Russian because nothing sounds more badass than saying 'i speak arabic and russian'

Yep, but French, Spanish, German etc. etc. are such generic languages

Arabic is so ... exotic. :fan: are you a native or fluent speaker? :h:

But yes, I tried learning the Russian alphabet once and it went pear-shaped so :naughty:
Original post by Bellex

listen to real french not what comedy sketches think they sound like <3

Yep, but French, Spanish, German etc. etc. are such generic languages

Arabic is so ... exotic. :fan: are you a native or fluent speaker? :h:

But yes, I tried learning the Russian alphabet once and it went pear-shaped so :naughty:

True but still knowing more than one language is a really good thing.

Im a native speaker but i dont have the dodgy accent when i speak english. My english accent is quite generic.

I know lol its screwed my head up when i first saw it to think that HeT is pronounced nyet is crazy.
Original post by aamirac
Arabic, it just has such a nice flow and sounds beautiful.

I agree
Original post by saeed97
True but still knowing more than one language is a really good thing.

Im a native speaker but i dont have the dodgy accent when i speak english. My english accent is quite generic.

I know lol its screwed my head up when i first saw it to think that HeT is pronounced nyet is crazy.

I guess :h: so many of my friends are trilingual it's amazing :eek: I really think people should be picking up more languages, the world is evolving and you need to put yourself out there as much as possible, even if it includes going abroad.

Wooooah :eek: can you teach me??? Prepare for premature balding due to stress and close encounters with heart attacks

Oooooh yes I recall :rofl: I think what's so difficult is that there's no direct translation from English to Russian :zomg:
Spanish...
someone make my day and say "Hindi."
Original post by redleader1

omg yesssssss

pure evil

Pourquoi me hais tu?
Original post by King Mal
omg yesssssss

Pourquoi me hais tu?

you what?

i did not write pure evil ffs stop manipulating my posts mate :rofl:
Arabic & Swedish ftw
english french learners put me off the language lol, like MDRR nique ta mère xD j'ai joué dans la haine :tongue: je m'appelle.

but definitely spanish it sounds really nice
you what?

i did not write pure evil ffs stop manipulating my posts mate :rofl:

Just answer the quest-ee-own. Or however you say it in French.
Original post by King Mal
Just answer the quest-ee-own. Or however you say it in French.

what exactly were you trying to ask me?
Russian with their alphabet :gah:

what exactly were you trying to ask me?

Did I not ask it properly the first time?

Porquois
me
hais
tu?

Quick Reply

Latest