The Student Room Group

Midwifery applicants for 2016 - 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SJC91
Hey just wanted to introduce myself, I have a place to study Midwifery in Jan 2016 at UWE. If anyone wants any advice, tips or just any general questions answered please don't hesitate.

I have had interviews at :

South Wales
Worcester
Bournemouth
UWE

Got offered a place at Bournemouth and UWE so happy to help any way I can :smile:.

Good luck its a frustrating process and you'll find yourself becoming very frustrated with track and portals but it's all worth it in the end.

XX

Hey, how long after you sent your UCAS off did you get your first uni reply? I sent mine off on the 15th and haven't heard anything yet :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 141
I applied 7th October and I've only just had an invitation from edge hill nothing from all the others it's long process 😖
Hi, I sent my application off nearly 6 weeks ago?!? Has anyone else heard anything because I'm still waiting to hear and it's killing me!
Hey Andy,

I've heard that Salford don't even do notification emails and they don't let apps know until after the deadline date... but who knows!

Also with LJMU they said that my PS lacked the information that they were looking for in regards to the role of the midwife, never mind :smile:
Molly, where have you applied to?
Northumbria, york, hull, Bradford and Huddersfield. It's taking so long!
Reply 146
Thanks Charlie, and sorry about jmu .... Oh well at least we have edge hill !! My interview is on 11 Feb when is yours?
And Molly .. By God 6 wks is a long time! I rang Salford this morning and they said they had my application but no decision had been made and I would hear in about two weeks!! Maybe you could rng your unis of choice ??
I'm 44 by the way girls I'll be the oldest hen there!! Ha ha ..
haha yeah Andy it's a rather long wait! And don't look at it as being the oldest! Look at it as having the most life experience!!!
Reply 148
Your very kind 😏😘
Original post by Andy71
Your very kind 😏😘

😊just pointing out the fact you have way more of an advantage than anyone my age.
For anyone wanting work experience in relation to midwifery, I would thoroughly recommend GapMedics it's expensive but well worth it!
Reply 151
Original post by Flick_Wood
Hey, how long after you sent your UCAS off did you get your first uni reply? I sent mine off on the 15th and haven't heard anything yet :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

Hey it's very different for each university, some don't even start looking at applications until the deadline therefore you wouldn't hear anything until mid-jan.
Because you have sent yours off early compared to some universities may take a little longer to get back to you, i'm sure by the end of Nov/Start of Dec you would of heard something from at least one uni. If you don't its most probably because they don't start until Jan.
Don't panic about how long they take to get back to you, have you had all confirmation emails ?
I can't remember when my first uni got back to me as it was nearly a year ago now.
Original post by SJC91
Hey it's very different for each university, some don't even start looking at applications until the deadline therefore you wouldn't hear anything until mid-jan.
Because you have sent yours off early compared to some universities may take a little longer to get back to you, i'm sure by the end of Nov/Start of Dec you would of heard something from at least one uni. If you don't its most probably because they don't start until Jan.
Don't panic about how long they take to get back to you, have you had all confirmation emails ?
I can't remember when my first uni got back to me as it was nearly a year ago now.

Thank you :smile: I hope I hear something soon! I've had 3 confirmation emails out of 5
I know some universities give out invites to the people they really want to see then put everyone else in a "gathered field" until there's more applicants. I have 4/5 interviews and sent off my application on October 15th yet my friend send hers off weeks before me and has only 1/5 interviews. It's solely based on the university and how quickly they interview. My first interview is on Wednesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My UCAS has been sent off today! So nervous but excited at the possibilities! Applied to Salford, Swansea, Middlesex, Bedfordshire and Queens in Belfast:smile:
UCAS finally sent off last night! I payed and sent over 2 weeks ago but my reference was added yesterday. I'm applying to Keele, Manchester, Nottingham, Surrey and York x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have my first Interview at Dmu next week , have'nt heard from the others yet!
I'm feeling very deflated that my UCAS hasn't even been sent off yet! just waiting on my college to attach the reference but as I am applying as an individual applicant they told me I could send my form off and they send the uni's references after they send it off, as requested!! So now I'll have to wait even longer before my application is sent off and I feel like this could affect my chances of getting an interview!

Can anyone shed some light on this situation or at least give me some advice as to whether I can get the college to speed up this process or if its just a waiting game from here?

Thank you!! :smile: x
I'm not sure how college works but my sixth form tutor had to review it before she sent it , I applied 11 days ago and received my first interview today x
Reply 159
I applied to Salford, Manchester, Leeds and Chester 2 weeks ago. Just wondered if anyone has heard anything back from these Uni's yet?

Good luck to you all x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending