The Student Room Group

Guys, what do you think about girls who have "pretty" photos on Instagram

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Indeterminate
:hmmmm2:

Even though I don't use Instagram, I reckon there's nothing wrong with them wanting to look their best :smile:

Do you see it as "false," though (the same ways some guys do make up?)

I can't do this but even if I could i'd feel weird looking different in photos than i do IRL :colondollar:
Original post by RiotGirll
Like cristiano ronaldo and that model haha?

Sorry I don't follow the exploits of football stars
Instagram is nothing more than a dump for self indulgent man children. I get it. You're happy. Its like annoying people on Facebook who have to post about themselves every minute of the day. We get it already. Instagram and its ilk have ruined the worth of the photograph, turning an art into childs play and it makes me sick
you exposed me OP
Reply 24
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Wanna see a girl, look at her instagram

I'd you want to see the real girl, look at the photos she's tagged in on Facebook :rofl:

OMG gurllll throwing shade :rofl :rofl:

so true though. I seriously wish I could add 3 or 4 points on Insta I'm not that good with photos lol

[video="youtube;czLQoG01PFs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czLQoG01PFs[/video]

teenhorrorstory
catfished

you're not a cat?

I'd you want to see the real girl, look at the photos she's tagged in on Facebook :rofl:
Wise words...
Reply 26
Original post by marco14196
Instagram is nothing more than a dump for self indulgent man children. I get it. You're happy. Its like annoying people on Facebook who have to post about themselves every minute of the day. We get it already. Instagram and its ilk have ruined the worth of the photograph, turning an art into childs play and it makes me sick

I think Insta can be good but the people who take loads of selfies can be annoying

samina_ay
you exposed me OP

I saw your avi up before you're one of the Asian girls on here right? Your photo isn't what I mean, like if I saw you IRL I could probably recognised you from that, I'm talking about looking completely different here lol. I would try to look like that but I'm not as good as the people i mean
Reply 27
Original post by Mochassassin
Captain America. I prefer drawing Chris Evans' sexy face than the comic book version. :drool:

Chris Evans :drool:

he's dating lucy pinder now i think

word word preach preach!!
Chris Evans :drool:

he's dating lucy pinder now i think

Way to ruin my weekend, mate. :colonhash: :cry2:
I think Insta can be good but the people who take loads of selfies can be annoying

I saw your avi up before you're one of the Asian girls on here right? Your photo isn't what I mean, like if I saw you IRL I could probably recognised you from that, I'm talking about looking completely different here lol. I would try to look like that but I'm not as good as the people i mean

i try to make it look like it's me :biggrin: because you can get a little carried away with filters :laugh: - i personally hate instagram/snapchat - just a platform for people who think they're too good for anyone--and take pictures of any random object which has no meaning whatsoever lol
Do you see it as "false," though (the same ways some guys do make up?)

I can't do this but even if I could i'd feel weird looking different in photos than i do IRL :colondollar:

I don't mind any of it tbh. At the end of the day it's down to personal preference. Some will say that it's "false" but other's won't.

I reckon it's best to live and let live :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by samina_ay
i try to make it look like it's me :biggrin: because you can get a little carried away with filters :laugh: - i personally hate instagram/snapchat - just a platform for people who think they're too good for anyone--and take pictures of any random object which has no meaning whatsoever lol

There are so many hipsters on Instagram I know what you mean lol :lol:

I don't hate them but some people on there can be self obsessed
but are average looking or even unattractive in real life? :tongue:

Not because they are photogenic but because they take 30 photos and choose one etc.

We're all guilty of this to a certain extent because most of us tend to cherry pick pictures for everyone to see. I do get bit dissapointed though when a girl appears to be far less attractive looking in real-life than on their pictures.
but are average looking or even unattractive in real life? :tongue:

Not because they are photogenic but because they take 30 photos and choose one etc.

Reply 35
Original post by Black Cat
We're all guilty of this to a certain extent because most of us tend to cherry pick pictures for everyone to see. I do get bit dissapointed though when a girl appears to be far less attractive looking in real-life than on their pictures.

Yeah I definitely cherry pick :tongue: Some people get carried away though. Like my sister's much prettier than I am but she has awful self esteem, she takes about 30 photos and deletes them if they don't get enough "likes".

Don't you usually get to know the girl before following on instagram? :smile:
Original post by Lucasium
They get my hopes up and then drop them like Chelsea's premier league position

:rofl:
There are so many hipsters on Instagram I know what you mean lol :lol:

I don't hate them but some people on there can be self obsessed

Tell me about it, it comes to a point where they're like "wait let me put this on my s.c story" like is it even worth it? People are embarrassed to document their life in a diary, but they happily do it on social media, hmmm - not saying that it's bad, but you know.
Reply 38
Original post by samina_ay
Tell me about it, it comes to a point where they're like "wait let me put this on my s.c story" like is it even worth it? People are embarrassed to document their life in a diary, but they happily do it on social media, hmmm - not saying that it's bad, but you know.

I know! It's not even their life though it's just mostly pics of their face. :s-smilie:
Some girls can legit add 3 or 4 more points in selfies though. Turning the colours up, taking photos from certain angles like looking down, etc. I can't do that lol they must have serious skills, they look like different people

loool this is so true. I know some girls that look okay-ish in real life but in pictures they are stunners.

Quick Reply

Latest