The Student Room Group

do you ever ignore fat people?

i had to sit next to some obese chick in class, her breath stank of cheese and onion crisps, i was repulsed by how gross someone could be, needless to say, i didnt respond much when she tried to talk to me
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You jealous OP?
rude
Reply 3
I would not ignore them in a professional or academic environment but if say on the bus, I would make sure they do not sit next to me because (even if it is politically incorrect) many of them do smell, are unhygienic and end up physically touching you because they are that big. This is especially true for the fat people where I live and on most cases they are chavs or from a country where washing is not so common

When I say this I mean the obese type
Original post by Straighthate
i had to sit next to some obese chick in class, her breath stank of cheese and onion crisps, i was repulsed by how gross someone could be, needless to say, i didnt respond much when she tried to talk to me

kinda rude, but i dont really blame you. this fat guy used to like me and follow me around but he STANK so bad, it really put me off, i dont think he'd ever washed! on the other hand, there must be some nice fat people, with good personalities. i know that as a society we base people on their looks (I am guilty of doing it too) but fat people are human just like everyone else.
No. Never ignored, never had any prejudices. People like me, just fat. I could be really careless, except its an *******.
Reply 6
[QUOTE=Straighthate;60293179]i had to sit next to some obese chick in class, her breath stank of cheese and onion crisps, i was repulsed by how gross someone could be, needless to say, i didnt respond much when she tried to talk to me
Do people ever grasp the pointlessness of this type of post..
I wouldn't ignore someone who is fat but as someone with a sensitive sense of smell I would struggle to be around anyone who might breathe smelly breath on me. I was around someone who smelt strongly of fish a while ago and I had to escape D:
Original post by samina_ay
rude

who?
me or the person with stinky breath?
Original post by Straighthate
who?
me or the person with stinky breath?

both
I only ignore them, if they are douchebags otherwise fat people are really sweet.
Op i love you lol

and i never ignore them though
Only if their like proper mega fat

Posted from TSR Mobile
don't go to the US, you'll have no one to talk too.
If they don't respect their own bodies enough not to get fat then why should we respect them :smile:
Reply 16
I shouldnt really be saying this but yeh i kinda do avoid and ignore them :/
I feel ashamed but I do. Not only ignore them but I also judge them, and I hate that I do this. But I have a reason, I used to be really fat when I was younger and once I got rid of the weight I avoid fat people because they remind me of what I was. They are basically the thing I fear becoming again. There are nice fat people who take care of themselves and actually smell really good and dress really well, and I can usually talk with those, but the ones who don't take care of themselves I do avoid them and judge them... And I feel like a bad person for doing it because I've been there...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saeed97
I shouldnt really be saying this but yeh i kinda do avoid and ignore them :/

I guess you have your reasons. Even if someone would regard your saying as an offensiveness...who cares?

Original post by NathanDYEL
If they don't respect their own bodies enough not to get fat then why should we respect them :smile:

Would this apply to anorexic people as well?
I knew this was a miscer before clicking :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest