The Student Room Group

What to do if someone is talking behind your back?

I am mainly venting in this post but I also need advice on how to improve my circumstances in the future.

So, I have got a part time job at McDonald’s for months. At work, all the managers and stuff talk in English and in Hindi. I pretend not to know any Hindi in front of them but I have constantly heard them criticising me in Hindi. They call me stuff like stupid, fat, useless etc. in that language but when they talk to me, they try to talk to me nicely. I try to ignore them but it’s now getting to me. Ngl, I myself am very terrible at my job and can’t even do my simple job properly and am probably the slowest employee. Idk what to do man.

Furthermore, from the eyes of the people, I can tell that I just look very under confident. My parents have even criticised me on how unconfident and mentally ******ed I look. Half the time, people just ask me if I am okay and like it further makes me look a bit abnormal. How do I look confident man? I think I may look so under-confident because of how fat I am. I am worried that in the future, I might just not be able to get any decent jobs just because of how unconfident I naturally look.
Hello,

I am so sorry for what you had experienced. That must be awful. From my knowledge, people do not really hire based on looks, but rather your experience and educational background. I understand that if you work with others, criticism may occur, regardless, but do not let that influence you. There are so many ways to work through your confidence level and not let others impact your day-to-day, though, it takes time. Stay strong and research how to boost your confidence!

Stay safe :h:

Dana Kafoud
4th-year Criminal Psychology student at the University of Essex Online

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending