The Student Room Group

I'm Muslim, ask me anything (II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TAREQ003
I respect every Religion whether you are Christian, Hindu, Shia, Buddhist, Atheists, Jews, Sikhs... My dad is Imam(Islamic Scholar) he Teaches in Islamic School. I also do Islamic Studies while i go to college.

I am More Than Happy to answer any questions. :biggrin:

Thanks

Could anything change your belief?
Original post by YA98
I will answer you but not just yet. I want to finish this matter of whether dating is haram or not. Do you still think it isn't haram?

Yes i still think it isn't haram.

Please answer, it has something to do with this topic.
Original post by Treblebee
Firstly, congrats on getting a new job:smile:
Secondly, Jesus is just like us so that we can relate to Him. How are we supposed to have as a model someone who is so vastly different to us that it is difficult to find any similarity at all?
Thirdly, we don't believe that Moses is the Son of God because
1. He never said so
2. It was certainly not predicted time and time again
3. Moses actually did sin, when he struck the rock too hard, through lack of faith.
4. None of the miracles Moses performed were anything like those which Jesus performed
5. Moses was always trying to be closer to God; Jesus was always trying to be closer to us (being God already)
Do you get what I'm saying now?:wink:

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew itunto you. (John 16:12)

Can these verses be referring to muhammad?
Original post by Treblebee
Firstly, congrats on getting a new job:smile:
Secondly, Jesus is just like us so that we can relate to Him. How are we supposed to have as a model someone who is so vastly different to us that it is difficult to find any similarity at all?
Thirdly, we don't believe that Moses is the Son of God because
1. He never said so
2. It was certainly not predicted time and time again
3. Moses actually did sin, when he struck the rock too hard, through lack of faith.
4. None of the miracles Moses performed were anything like those which Jesus performed
5. Moses was always trying to be closer to God; Jesus was always trying to be closer to us (being God already)
Do you get what I'm saying now?:wink:

Jesus and Moses and all the prophets had miracles, that doesn't make them Gods. But it was God that gave them the power.

Also God made prophets/messengers for humans to be following and learning.
If you say god made himself similar to human to relate your saying Jesus was limited in his abilities therefore he cannot be God
Reply 224
Original post by champ_mc99
I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew itunto you. (John 16:12)

Can these verses be referring to muhammad?

These verses are talking about the Holy Spirit (one of the 3 biggies). When Jesus was going to heaven he said that he will leave us with The Spirit of Truth. The Holy Spirit is there to guide us, through which we have a connection to God. The Holy Spirit is another part of God, that lives in us showing us the way in which God wants us to follow.
Original post by demx9
Religion may be man made, Islam is a perfect example, but that has no correlation on whether God exists .. do you agree ?

Religion IS man made.

Yes I agree with the last part but his existance is very improbable
Original post by YA98
Well it is very easy to claim something is false without giving any evidence. Can you provide proof religion was man made? No just because you don't agree with the views doesn't mean it is all man made

I have **** loads of evidence but I'm not listing it because the information is easily found on the internet
Original post by eoe
LOL
I am Muslim myself
The Quran does not mention the word stoning at all.

The Hadith is incompatible with the teaching of the Quran, so how you ignore the punishment mentioned in the Quran and give the Hadith priority over the Holy Book.

Anyway
I dont wanna argue:smile:

Spot onnnnnnn
What I believe they are not because they believe that Ali Should be the Prophet and Muhammed (PBH) is mistakenly chosen also they selfharm them self which very wrong. And they believe that prostitute is allow and it is compulsory for them to do prostitute. It is stated in Quran that it is very wrong.

Really, selfharm is wrong?? Ok, tell me why did the wife of Ibrahim in the Quran hit her face in grief when she heard the news of her having a child? If self harm is so wrong, then why didn't God say that she committed a sin and punish her. In fact, if you would read the Quran, God gave her a prophet (as a son).

Also, you are TOLD that the Prophet said that I leave behind me Quran and Suna. Can you please tell me where is this narration in your 6 most sahih (authentic books)? Bukhari, Muslim, Tabari etc do not narrate this.

In fact, Sahih Muslim narrates that the Holy Prophet said, I leave behind for you 2 weighty things, the Quran and my AHLULBAYT.
Original post by Noodle0
What's your views on the ever decreasing bee population?

They need to get more....erm....busy? xD
Reply 230
Original post by TheCondor
Yes i still think it isn't haram.

Please answer, it has something to do with this topic.

Well if you still fail to see how dating is haraam then this is all pointless
Original post by YA98
Well if you still fail to see how dating is haraam then this is all pointless

just answer the question
Reply 232
Original post by zetamcfc
Could anything change your belief?

No, i am very strong at what i believe.
Reply 233
just answer the question

Yes I do
just answer the question

It can lead to wrong. I.e. zina
Original post by IdeasForLife
It is your interpretation. A quite superficial one at that.

The website explained what the words meant and who they applied to. It quoted notable sahaba(and others).

Now. Am I going to believe a ( probably) 18 year old teen or am I going to believe someone who actually lived with the Prophet(pbuh) and understands the meaning better? Think about that. I'm done here.

thanks for the follow bro
No, i am very strong at what i believe.

Ok, good to know you have a closed mind.
Original post by YA98
Yes I do

ok man, i was going to argue with you some more but it seems pointless so we'll just leave it at that.

How do you know he is son of god? BTW he did not claim that he is son of god.
And Why would you worship his son not his father? Not rude way.

Jesus did claim he was God, many, many times. And Son of God doesn't refer to a biological son as Christians don't believe Jesus began to exist, they believe he has always existed.

Original post by Hibzish
Jesus and Moses and all the prophets had miracles, that doesn't make them Gods. But it was God that gave them the power.

Also God made prophets/messengers for humans to be following and learning.
If you say god made himself similar to human to relate your saying Jesus was limited in his abilities therefore he cannot be God

You say the power comes from God but in Christianity Jesus is God, so he does the power himself.

And what you say next is illogical, how does being able to relate to something = limited abilities?? :confused:

If you're saying Allah can't incarnate in a human body and live among people then he indeed has limited abilities!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

You say the power comes from God but in Christianity Jesus is God, so he does the power himself.

And what you say next is illogical, how does being able to relate to something = limited abilities?? :confused:

If you're saying Allah can't incarnate in a human body and live among people then he indeed has limited abilities!

firstly the person i was originally replying to said jesus was god because he had greater miracles than moses, i was just making clear miracles do not make him god

Jesus was limited, there are many quotes of his that proves this.

thirdly, its not that God is incapable, He will not show himself but give clear signs to submit to 1 creator

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending