The Student Room Group

Is 230 miles from £20 fuel good or bad ?

Scroll to see replies

God jeezo dont get angry at him hes only trying too help/advise lmfaooo 😂
If you want a definitive answer contact your manufacturer or mechanic for crying out loud hahaa
Or test it too find out hahaa ps dont test it out in rural roads or you might find yourself in an episode of jeepers creepers 😂😂
Original post by I love life
OTHERWISE MY TANK IS NOT 52.3 LITRES !!!
SO i'LL RISK IT TO CONFIRM THE FUEL CAPACITY OF MY TANK, IF IT DOESN'T GET ME 100 MILES + THEN IT CAN'T BE 52.3 LITRES !!
u

No need to shout lad.

Don't risk trying to figure out how big your tank is. There will be a load of gunk in the bottom that does not do much for your fuel filter or your engine. Fuel gauges tend not to be linear and the top half of the gauge will often give you more miles than the bottom because fuel tanks are irregular in shape and volume.

You seem to be over-thinking this whole MPG thing. The manufacturers figures are always over optimistic so you will never achieve those. The display on your car is reasonable but kind of useless since when you are nearly empty you simply top up. Nothing you can do about it. That is the law of motoring.
I'm having a really hard time understanding here, and having Dyspraxia doesn't help so please be clear.

I never said I let my fuel run low, I said when my fuel light comes on I have only used 40 litres instead of 52.3, so I'm saying if it is true that I still have 13 more liters and my gauge is wrong then I should test how many miles I can drive with fuel light on, if my tank really is 52.3 litres then I should get 130 miles driving with light on, OTHERWISE MY TANK IS NOT 52.3 LITRES !!!
SO i'LL RISK IT TO CONFIRM THE FUEL CAPACITY OF MY TANK, IF IT DOESN'T GET ME 100 MILES + THEN IT CAN'T BE 52.3 LITRES !!

I never let my fuel run low either but I may run it into the red and test once and for all what my fuel capacity really is.
I used to put £80 a week in petrol on my petrol car so I CAN MORE THAN AFFORD fuel thank you

I think you mean dyslexia. Dyspraxia is a condition affecting physical fine-motor and co-ordination skills and has nothing to do with processing information, whereas dyslexia very much affects reading ability. Doesn't give you a free pass to be such a dick towards someone that has taken their time to answer a question that you asked them directly, anyhow :tongue:

You seem to be overlooking one huge factor - the mpg figure given by the manufacturer is purely an average. How much you actually use depends on how trafficky your area is, how fuel efficient your driving is, how much weight you're carrying in the car, and other things. You could be using much less or much more than stated, more often than not it'll be less.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The_Internet
I work off the basis of 10p/mile tbh

Sounds so much cheaper than walking.
New shoes and food per mile is probably a lot more than that :P
Original post by hellodave5
Sounds so much cheaper than walking.
New shoes and food per mile is probably a lot more than that :P

Haha. Im talking fuel only tbf!
Hello

My car - 2006 mk2 focus sport 1.8 TDCI

I got 230 miles from £20 diesel using around 20 litres of fuel, around 170 miles on motorway driving at mostly 70 mph ( would have got better mpg if drove around 60mph) and about 50 urban miles.

is this good or bad ?

Why are you posting, bro? You KNOW that's a good mpg. I hate when people answer their own questions.
Original post by WoodyMKC
I think you mean dyslexia. Dyspraxia is a condition affecting physical fine-motor and co-ordination skills and has nothing to do with processing information, whereas dyslexia very much affects reading ability. Doesn't give you a free pass to be such a dick towards someone that has taken their time to answer a question that you asked them directly, anyhow :tongue:

You seem to be overlooking one huge factor - the mpg figure given by the manufacturer is purely an average. How much you actually use depends on how trafficky your area is, how fuel efficient your driving is, how much weight you're carrying in the car, and other things. You could be using much less or much more than stated, more often than not it'll be less.

No. I have Dyspraxia and was born with it , I've even been diagnosed with Dyspraxia when I was a kid, if you don't believe me you can ask my GP. And yes, dyspraxia does affect learning.

Anyway, today my fuel was a tiny bit above the fuel light so before the fuel light even came on I filled my tank to the brim and it took 39 ltrs to do so. I got 370 miles from last refill.
So does that mean it took 52.3 litres to travel 370 miles or did it only take 39 litres to travel 370 miles ?

I'm trying to work out my mpg

I don't think 370 miles from a full 52.3 ltr tank of diesel is good considering that on paper is supposed to achieve 62 mpg , but if I'm doing 370 miles on 39 ltrs then I think not bad

So which one is it ?
Anyway, today my fuel was a tiny bit above the fuel light so before the fuel light even came on I filled my tank to the brim and it took 39 ltrs to do so. I got 370 miles from last refill.
So does that mean it took 52.3 litres to travel 370 miles or did it only take 39 litres to travel 370 miles ?
39 litres APPROXIMATELY!
Reply 28
It'd get me about 80 miles in my car I'd imagine?
Original post by mphysical
39 litres APPROXIMATELY!

But everybody is saying the fuel gauge is wrong, so how do I know ?????????????????????
Original post by JC.
It'd get me about 80 miles in my car I'd imagine?

My previous petrol car, a1.6 petrol Astra got about 80 miles to £20 as well
Reply 31
My previous petrol car, a1.6 petrol Astra got about 80 miles to £20 as well

That must have been either massively over fueling or leaking, then. The engine in my car is more than twice the size of the one in your old Astra.
No. I have Dyspraxia and was born with it , I've even been diagnosed with Dyspraxia when I was a kid, if you don't believe me you can ask my GP. And yes, dyspraxia does affect learning.

I'm trying to work out my mpg

I don't think 370 miles from a full 52.3 ltr tank of diesel is good considering that on paper is supposed to achieve 62 mpg , but if I'm doing 370 miles on 39 ltrs then I think not bad

So which one is it ?

Fair enough, I know dyspraxia can also create learning difficulties as it's a developmental disorder but honestly, I thought you were another one of those self-diagnosers that seem to be all too common in the modern world. I'm very aware of dyspraxia is my young nephew has been diagnosed with it, I just assumed you'd made a mistake :wink:

Anyhow, I could sit and do some maths and help you work this out and I normally would, but I don't like your tone. I find it bizarre that you're being so hauty in one breath and asking for help in the other, you're like my ****ing mother :rofl:
The very least you should give someone who you're asking to take the time to help you is a bit of respect and courtesy, neither of which you can seem to manage. You seem very highly strung for someone that apparently loves life so much that it's the first thing that sprung to mind when coming up with a username :lol:
In my Prius I can easily get 85mpg...
I get about 150 miles for 20 quid in my 1.6 Fiesta Titanium, could get a LOT more if I lived in a less trafficky area and wasn't so harsh on my acceleration when I'm first in line at the traffic lights :lol:
Original post by IAMADAM27
In my Prius I can easily get 85mpg...

Yeah... but you have a Prius.
Fair enough, I know dyspraxia can also create learning difficulties as it's a developmental disorder but honestly, I thought you were another one of those self-diagnosers that seem to be all too common in the modern world. I'm very aware of dyspraxia is my young nephew has been diagnosed with it, I just assumed you'd made a mistake :wink:

Anyhow, I could sit and do some maths and help you work this out and I normally would, but I don't like your tone. I find it bizarre that you're being so hauty in one breath and asking for help in the other, you're like my ****ing mother :rofl:
The very least you should give someone who you're asking to take the time to help you is a bit of respect and courtesy, neither of which you can seem to manage. You seem very highly strung for someone that apparently loves life so much that it's the first thing that sprung to mind when coming up with a username :lol:

One minute your telling me that I don't have Dyspraxia, then your saying I do but telling me you know more about it then me, then you admit you were wrong and that it does affect learning ability and I feel you are discriminating me because of my learning disability relating to Dyspraxia

There is nothing wrong with my tone, if there was I'd have had plenty of people against me or saying I'd upset them but as far as I know that hasn't happened, so you must be either very sensitive and get upset easily like a big cry-baby. You remind me of my 4 year old nephew who cries over nothing and really pisses me off

As for your advice - put it where the sun don't shine. I don't need you anyway
One minute your telling me that I don't have Dyspraxia, then your saying I do but telling me you know more about it then me, then you admit you were wrong and that it does affect learning ability and I feel you are discriminating me because of my learning disability relating to Dyspraxia

There is nothing wrong with my tone, if there was I'd have had plenty of people against me or saying I'd upset them but as far as I know that hasn't happened, so you must be either very sensitive and get upset easily like a big cry-baby. You remind me of my 4 year old nephew who cries over nothing and really pisses me off

As for your advice - put it where the sun don't shine. I don't need you anyway

I'm not discriminating at all, why even play that card??? Everything was fine until you started being a dick.

Have you missed the several posts from other users that told you there was no need to be rude to someone who was trying to help you? You haven't upset anyone, least of all myself (first time anyone's called me sensitive for quite some time LOL, so thanks) but as I said I find it ****ing strange how you can be a cock towards someone and ask them for their help all in the same post and why would anyone want to help someone like that? Dyspraxia doesn't make you forget manners, so I'm not discriminating against you when I call you an ungrateful ****.
But everybody is saying the fuel gauge is wrong, so how do I know ?????????????????????
No! Everybody is saying your fuel gauge indicates an approximate fuel level.

how do you know WHAT?????????????????????
I'm not discriminating at all, why even play that card??? Everything was fine until you started being a dick.

Have you missed the several posts from other users that told you there was no need to be rude to someone who was trying to help you? You haven't upset anyone, least of all myself (first time anyone's called me sensitive for quite some time LOL, so thanks) but as I said I find it ****ing strange how you can be a cock towards someone and ask them for their help all in the same post and why would anyone want to help someone like that? Dyspraxia doesn't make you forget manners, so I'm not discriminating against you when I call you an ungrateful ****.

Everything wasn't fine at all. ( and I wasn't being a D*** either) I was asking if you could help me and you said yes but when I got confused ( because of my Dyspraxia which IS a learning disability) you made me feel not as clever as I am and it felt oblivious to me that you were making fun of me and trying to discriminate me. Just because I asked you to clarify what you had posted but instead of clarifying you were abusive in how you dealt with the situation
You are right, Dyspraxia doesn't make me forget manners , this is proved from what my school teachers would say about me, that I have very nice manners and I'm a nice person to be around.
I have been reasonable with you and stayed calm , I wasn't my nicest with you as I said, I felt discrimination from you, so I was nice to you, just not as nice as I could be
I was still nice to you despite you swearing at multiple times and calling me bad things

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending