The Student Room Group

He rejected me but told me I was really pretty?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Just curious, could you not be with her because of work or were there other things about her that put you off it going further? What about work was it that meant you couldn't be with her e.g. lack of time?

It was mainly due to my school work being my priority and i find it difficult to find time to do anything let alone having a girlfriend. I am doing some intense courses which i really have to keep an eye on or i will get swallowed in work. We had an interesting relationship as we got a long but we didnt have much in common

See i get that guys are a bit hesitant to commit compared to girls, but I also get told often that it's less that guys are afraid of commitment or have commitment problems, and more that although they might like you, they don't like you enough to commit; do you think this is true?

I think that's true in most cases. Many guys aren't looking for a relationship, but I think most of them would get in one in the right circumstances. I was like that. My first girlfriend, I went out with because I hadn't had a girlfriend before. After that, I said I didn't want one for a few years, just to enjoy being single. Then I met my current girlfriend. **** changes like that.
Original post by Mankytoes
I think that's true in most cases. Many guys aren't looking for a relationship, but I think most of them would get in one in the right circumstances. I was like that. My first girlfriend, I went out with because I hadn't had a girlfriend before. After that, I said I didn't want one for a few years, just to enjoy being single. Then I met my current girlfriend. **** changes like that.

Ah I thought as much! What about your current girlfriend inspired/motivated you to get into a relationship if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Ah I thought as much! What about your current girlfriend inspired/motivated you to get into a relationship if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

I just got totally infactuated with her, I don't think you can rationalise it, sometimes you just click with someone. She's very attractive, very sweet, we just get on. I told her I love her after we'd been going out three weeks, which makes me sound like a sap, but she is the only girl I've said it to, and we are still together four and half years later!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending