The Student Room Group

I think I'm gonna die alone :(

Today at uni I passed up on speaking to a gorgeous girl at the vending machine. She hung around while I was talking to my friend and she was there for a few minutes. I have mild social anxiety when it comes to talking to girls and I get really really ****ing paranoid about it esp when other people are around.

Today there was literally nobody around. I'm starting to realise that this fear is going to ruin my life. I've been seeing a therapist about this fear as it literally keeps me up at night. It doesn't help that at church I'm always told that sex before marriage will ruin your life (I'm going to ignore these messages).

I worked hard to get into uni and I just p-i-s-s away all my opportunities and i get some sick joy by self sabotaging. I've joined societies but I still can't talk to women and get a girlfriend. I don't know what to do as i keep going around in circles and getting nowhere.

Scroll to see replies

I don't understand why guys make a big deal out of not getting girls?
Gosh some people need a life.
You can live without them, you know?
Original post by MangoCrazy

But baby we need our mango juice!!!
Original post by DanB1991

Spoiler

Reply 4
Good.
Reply 5

sorry but ur sig always cracks me up lool! did u make it urself?
EDGY

Spoiler

I'm more worried about the fact that I think I want to die alone, and I don't know why :frown:
Join the club m8, 4eva alone </3

Seems like ur tryin to overcome this fear with a therapist which is good. You need to stop worrying cos ur still young if ur still at uni. Also try pushing yourself to go talk to random girls to build up that confidence - not for the purpose of finding a gf, but for making friends. It will allow u to feel more comfortable around girls and might eventually lead to somethin more. Stop putting too much pressure on yourself, won't help.
Original post by Anonymous
Today at uni I passed up on speaking to a gorgeous girl at the vending machine. She hung around while I was talking to my friend and she was there for a few minutes. I have mild social anxiety when it comes to talking to girls and I get really really ****ing paranoid about it esp when other people are around.

Today there was literally nobody around. I'm starting to realise that this fear is going to ruin my life. I've been seeing a therapist about this fear as it literally keeps me up at night. It doesn't help that at church I'm always told that sex before marriage will ruin your life (I'm going to ignore these messages).

I worked hard to get into uni and I just p-i-s-s away all my opportunities and i get some sick joy by self sabotaging. I've joined societies but I still can't talk to women and get a girlfriend. I don't know what to do as i keep going around in circles and getting nowhere.

You're still young, honestly everything will work out in the end, just be patient and in the mean time be the best you can be.

Work hard in school!, don't think about girls too much, if you do well in school you'll end up in a good job, and while this may all sound boring now you'll realize that this matters for your life in the long run.

Sure the jocks and ruby lads will be getting all the girls, the boisterous lot, the nerds and intellectual guys will be laughed at in the club.

It is not our time when we are young, sadly. But I promise you the tables will turn down the line, when you have a good career, when girls slowly warm to more mature men, men of depth and intelligence (which they will, when they get a bit older and as do you)

So really your shyness will be a barrier now, you might find it hard, but it wont last forever, I promise.

Even if you have looks, it's not enough these days, you need the full package and the standards are high, you need that confident personality these days. I would honestly just focus on improving your life at the moment and not thinking about girls.

It will happen naturally, maybe not for a while but it will, be patient. And please don't go the way of Elliot Rodger... that was a tragedy for all involved including him
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Join the club m8, 4eva alone </3

5eva alone :frown:
repped for having a good taste in video games. favourite game in the series?
Original post by MJlover
sorry but ur sig always cracks me up lool! did u make it urself?

Well I located the three gifs... you'd be surprised how hard it is to get a decent one of the bear :laugh:

Inspiration here... or one of the other sparta vids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvYZRskNV3w... it depresses me this is 6 years old :'(
(edited 8 years ago)

If you haven't ever experienced this then you obviously have no idea how hard it can be. Any kind of anxiety or paranoid is hard to deal with...

Besides, why should the OP be forced to live a life of celibacy just because of this fear?
Original post by nverjvlev
If you haven't ever experienced this then you obviously have no idea how hard it can be. Any kind of anxiety or paranoid is hard to deal with...

Besides, why should the OP be forced to live a life of celibacy just because of this fear?

I don't like to talk about my personal life on here so I can't answer the first part.

No one is "forcing" him.
On topic, you just have to pluck up the courage. I mean obviously your social anxiety makes things harder for you, but you know just take it slow. Pressyrubg yourself into doing something just because you don't want to die alone would only make things worse. Plenty of other fish in the sea as they say.

Spoiler

I really can't function without Mango Juice. I need it.
" It doesn't help that at church I'm always told that sex before marriage will ruin your life (I'm going to ignore these messages) " Let's say you become an Evangelist in future, then you're gonna regret doing this. Church is nothing like SILLY!
Original post by jammy4041
I really can't function without Mango Juice. I need it.

Mango Juice is love.... Mango Juice is life!!

Spoiler

*The fappening pt 2*
thats a very common thing dear,dont think its only happening to you there are a thousand million people in our society and all over the world who have thesame difficulty. i dont think my words would mean the world to you but maybe from personal experience just wanted to share this, lie isnt always about relationships sometimes we have to wait for that perfect person to come in our life maybe now is not the perfect time for you. your story is still in production house so you got to take it slow, wait for the right time to come and in the near future hope to see your happy post with your girl.... all the best ... from me and my bbybuoy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending