The Student Room Group

Art gcse

Any tips on getting a B+ in art?
Also for portraiture, I'm studying Paul Wright how could you do that in different mediums? Also is it more quality over quantity
Original post by Graceryan99
Any tips on getting a B+ in art?
Also for portraiture, I'm studying Paul Wright how could you do that in different mediums? Also is it more quality over quantity

Hi there,
I'm doing GCSE art and i'm predicted an a*. I think what is important to get an A or more is that you manage your time properly. There will probably be times where you paint something and you don't see it as accurate however don't throw it away just develop the work. Annotation and presentation are probably more important than people think. You could have a B drawing but a good evaluation could push you to an A! Make sure you do effective backgrounds to make your work stand out.

As for Paul Wright, do one piece in the media he uses if you have access to it and another in different media such as pastel which is quite similar (especially with oil pastel). 2 pieces of good quality and analysis are far more likely to get you the a* than 3 pieces that are rushed with poor evaluation. There are times when I just do one really big piece and spend time on it and I still get an a*. Quality is definitely more important than quantity.

Overall, plan your time out so you don't fall behind (if you do, a cycle begins and you never catch up!), don't rush and remember art GCSE isn't just drawing!
Good Luck :h::h::h:

Quick Reply

Latest