The Student Room Group

Asian/Muslim teens - are you allowed to live away for uni?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by safiyyah98
LOL I bet you are Pakistani? All pakistani boys are mama's boys :P

Nope im Arab.
Original post by saeed97
Nope im Arab.

For real? Lol thats cute still :P
my dad is like yours OP. but he thinks it will be difficult for me to live away because of all the cooking and stuff 🙄 however it's my choice lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 123
My parents, especially my dad, seem fine with me moving out as they are quiet liberal. However, on a few occassions my mom mentioned moving out with me and getting a house somewhere near my univeristy, which shocked me a little bit.
I live in Liverpool (aka away from home) and my parents can sometimes be iffy about me living away but have gotten used to it, although would have preferred me living closer to home like Leeds or Huddersfield.
For real? Lol thats cute still :P

Yep i am and my mother means more to me than anything aha i just couldnt leave her.
Original post by saeed97
Yep i am and my mother means more to me than anything aha i just couldnt leave her.

I get where you are coming from. Thats what puts me in a dilemma cuz my parents have done everything for me and I'd feel selfish if I just left at the first chance I got.
Original post by bubblegumcat
my dad is like yours OP. but he thinks it will be difficult for me to live away because of all the cooking and stuff 🙄 however it's my choice lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think thats another reason lol, he thinks I won't be able to handle it :biggrin:
Original post by Ayčun
My parents, especially my dad, seem fine with me moving out as they are quiet liberal. However, on a few occassions my mom mentioned moving out with me and getting a house somewhere near my univeristy, which shocked me a little bit.

Oh wow lol, I can understand though it must be difficult for parents to say goodbye to their kids. If you look at it from their point of view I guess I get it.
Original post by maryamzahid
I live in Liverpool (aka away from home) and my parents can sometimes be iffy about me living away but have gotten used to it, although would have preferred me living closer to home like Leeds or Huddersfield.

Ah yeah I guess that would be every parents preference no matter what culture lol
I get where you are coming from. Thats what puts me in a dilemma cuz my parents have done everything for me and I'd feel selfish if I just left at the first chance I got.

Naa it isnt anything like that. I wanted to move because i hated commuting (for me its about an hour going and an hour coming back) but then i realised i love being with mother more than i hated commuting so i stayed and havent looked back since.
But honestly if leaving is something you want to experience then do it, its better than reminiscing over and regretting not moving away and missing out on something you really desired but if its not too big of a deal for you then it shouldnt be much of a problem :smile:
Original post by saeed97
Naa it isnt anything like that. I wanted to move because i hated commuting (for me its about an hour going and an hour coming back) but then i realised i love being with mother more than i hated commuting so i stayed and havent looked back since.
But honestly if leaving is something you want to experience then do it, its better than reminiscing over and regretting not moving away and missing out on something you really desired but if its not too big of a deal for you then it shouldnt be much of a problem :smile:

Tbh, I've been going back and forth A LOT so I still really don't know. Commuting can be a pain in the arse lmaooo ao I'll wait and see where I get offers from and then I'll decide. I've applied to 2 far ones and 3 close ones haha. Are you in uni now?
Tbh, I've been going back and forth A LOT so I still really don't know. Commuting can be a pain in the arse lmaooo ao I'll wait and see where I get offers from and then I'll decide. I've applied to 2 far ones and 3 close ones haha. Are you in uni now?

Best of luck with everything and yep I am in my first year at uni :smile:
Original post by saeed97
Best of luck with everything and yep I am in my first year at uni :smile:

Thank you very much :smile: Oh awesome! What are you studying?
Thank you very much :smile: Oh awesome! What are you studying?

Youre welcome
And im studying Mechanical Engineering. What have you applied for?
Original post by saeed97
Youre welcome
And im studying Mechanical Engineering. What have you applied for?

Wow that sounds really interesting! :smile: I'm applying for child nursing
Wow that sounds really interesting! :smile: I'm applying for child nursing

Its not its just ridiculously tough haha. Thats an interesting degree, i couldnt possibly do it as i have no patience lol and theres not enough mathematics in it :tongue:
Original post by saeed97
Its not its just ridiculously tough haha. Thats an interesting degree, i couldnt possibly do it as i have no patience lol and theres not enough mathematics in it :tongue:

It does sound really difficult, you must be proper clever then! LOL thats why i'm doing it cuz there is hardly any maths in there! :P
It does sound really difficult, you must be proper clever then! LOL thats why i'm doing it cuz there is hardly any maths in there! :P

Academically im ok but i have the common sense of a lemon lol.
Original post by saeed97
Academically im ok but i have the common sense of a lemon lol.

Aw i bet you don't, but thats pretty common. Academically clever people always lack common sense and vice versa LOL. btw what country are you from originally?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending