The Student Room Group

So, Muslims, why won't you ever condemn terrorist attacks?

Scroll to see replies

We do.

How about those in the West condemn drones / airstrikes which kill Muslims all over the world?

I'm also expecting an apology for the intentional airstrike of the hospital in Kunduz.
Original post by AlifunArnab
We do.

How about those in the West condemn drones / airstrikes which kill Muslims all over the world?

I'm also expecting an apology for the intentional airstrike of the hospital in Kunduz.

Sorry.
Original post by DiddyDec
Sorry.

Thank you. :smile:
Original post by Simes
There are individuals, businesses and local authorities boycotting Israel. There have been news stories this past week about the political rows that have happened when senior politicians (e.g. Boris Johnson) have screwed up and sided with Israel.

It is in the news. And people in the UK are doing things about it.

Edit: oh yes, and now goods sold in the EU that are produced in the occupied territories have to be marked as such.

True, True. I fully agree. How many people are protesting and what not. BUT. The biggest but:
Is there 24/7 media coverage of Gaza. Is there Facebook Profile Picture effect of it? See? These are the things that turn a problem into a crisis.

We could have easily just said "Oh, there was some shootings yesterday night in paris where nearly 150 people died. Goodnight everyone and enjoy the friendlies. More with Dave with the Sports News". But no.

The media didn't do that. Instead they had coverage of the thing all night long, it was everywhere. Therefore everyone knew. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, in fact, its a good thing since everyone knows whats happening.

However, why don't the media do the same 24/7 media coverage when a bomb is dropped in Gaza. Why didn't my neighbors now about the bomb that devastated Lebanon a day before the paris shooting? Surely they're important people too? Why is there no PrayForLebanon. I'm not saying this as a Muslim thing or even an arab thing, since there are alot of christians in lebanon.
How about a 385 page mega thread? Which is now on its 4th edition totalling 1840 pages dedicated the conflict.

But nobody cares...

Wheres the PrayForGaza? Wheres the Facebook Palestine profile picture filter? I appreciate Student Room, and I guess it is likely to be the only hope for support of other victims but wheres the global media attention for Gaza?
Reply 45
whoever said they support it - you're disgusting
Original post by z33
whoever said they support it - you're disgusting

Whoever said they don't condemn it - also are disgusting.
One of the guys from Palestine chipping in!

His name is Mohammed E Jabr
Original post by UnknownDude

However, why don't the media do the same 24/7 media coverage when a bomb is dropped in Gaza. Why didn't my neighbors now about the bomb that devastated Lebanon a day before the paris shooting? Surely they're important people too? Why is there no PrayForLebanon. I'm not saying this as a Muslim thing or even an arab thing, since there are alot of christians in lebanon.

Because we neither share a border with France, nor is Lebanon/Gaza part of the Western community.

Original post by scrotgrot
1. post their own condemnations of terrorism and the Paris attack

As a general rule, I find the whole "condemning" of actions such as this a bit pointless.
Reply 49
However, why don't the media do the same 24/7 media coverage when a bomb is dropped in Gaza.

Because it isn't news.

Because it is a lot further away.

Because it is just the Middle East behaving like the Middle East always has.

Because it doesn't sell advertising.

Because the victims don't watch or read the adverts on the media over here.

It is not to do with brown people or Arabs or religion or Jews or racism or any of that.

It is because it is the same old boring, boring, boring tit-for-tat violence that has been going on for so long that it seems that is how the people living there like it.

If they want the violence to stop, they need to stop being violent. No amount of news coverage a thousand miles away will ever change that.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Because we neither share a border with France, nor is Lebanon/Gaza part of the Western community.

As a general rule, I find the whole "condemning" of actions such as this a bit pointless.

Exactly, finally someone has reached the jackpot! £1,000,000 to you sir.

That's my conclusion. Nobody gives a **** about anything beyond Europe, North America and some parts of Asia.

So, those people who are posting stuff, talking about humanity and such, please update yourself of the situation worldwide not just Europe.

#PrayForTheWorld as well as Paris.
Original post by Simes
Because it isn't news.

Because it is a lot further away.

Because it is just the Middle East behaving like the Middle East always has.

Because it doesn't sell advertising.

Because the victims don't watch or read the adverts on the media over here.

It is not to do with brown people or Arabs or religion or Jews or racism or any of that.

It is because it is the same old boring, boring, boring tit-for-tat violence that has been going on for so long that it seems that is how the people living there like it.

If they want the violence to stop, they need to stop being violent. No amount of news coverage a thousand miles away will ever change that.

Yes! People are starting to get it. It's because nobody gives a **** about them!

And I don't mind that in people, you see some that don't care and its alright. But all the nations talking about Humanity, then get Peace prizes because they did some speech for Paris. Why not speak about Gaza, since your talking about Humanity. I hate it when they use that word.

#PrayForTheWorld not just Paris.
Exactly, finally someone has reached the jackpot! £1,000,000 to you sir.

That's my conclusion. Nobody gives a **** about anything beyond Europe, North America and some parts of Asia.

So, those people who are posting stuff, talking about humanity and such, please update yourself of the situation worldwide not just Europe.

#PrayForTheWorld as well as Paris.

That's not true either. It's more of a gradient. As a rule, people generally care about countries that are closest to them (either because they were born there, or live there), and they care less and less the further away the countries are. It's why you have local news and national news, as well as world news.

Would I be right in assuming that you would attend the funeral of a family member, but not every person in the world? It's the same principle.
That's not true either. It's more of a gradient. As a rule, people generally care about countries that are closest to them (either because they were born there, or live there), and they care less and less the further away the countries are. It's why you have local news and national news, as well as world news.

Would I be right in assuming that you would attend the funeral of a family member, but not every person in the world? It's the same principle.

To be honest, I fully recognise your theory and it seems correct in many cases.

But what about the earthquake in Nepal? Everyone went nuts about that. And USA is super far from France yet they're still super indulged into it?
Reply 54

Same it's just the right wing trolls are forever whinging about Muslims all covertly supporting isis and how they should be condemning attacks.

They routinely condemn them but nobody reports it in the media
What happened in Paris was an atrocity. But then again, the same thing happens on a larger scale in Gaza. Why all of a sudden the media buzz and the threads about Paris when Israelis are killing innocent Palestinians? Like why can't anyone make a thread about supporting or condemning the Israelis? Thats because nobody cares. Gaza is like the lonely bullied kid in a primary school that gets constant abuse. However, when france falls over and sprains her ankle, everyone comes to the hospital and gives her gifts.

As a muslim, I am taught to respect everyone regardless of race or religion. So in conclusion, I feel really sorry that many innocent people had to die in yesterday's tragic event, as do I feel sorry about the Palestians who were shot dead yesterday.

I just quickly have to say I love this post, finally someone is speaking sense! Couldn't help myself haha.
No.

Why should I condemn?

I have no affiliation with ISIS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yasminkattan
I just quickly have to say I love this post, finally someone is speaking sense! Couldn't help myself haha.

Thanks Booboo, forever speaking my mind even if its unpopular.
Wheres the PrayForGaza? Wheres the Facebook Palestine profile picture filter? I appreciate Student Room, and I guess it is likely to be the only hope for support of other victims but wheres the global media attention for Gaza?

The global media attention? Do you not watch the news?
The global media attention? Do you not watch the news?

309 articles for gaza yet more than 13,000 articles for Paris...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending