The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Entry Requirements

Having fallen in love with leeds and only attained BBC in history, english literature and art and currently on a gap year I was wondering what courses at the university of leeds or other similar unis I could possibly get onto??
Original post by sallydevlin2
Having fallen in love with leeds and only attained BBC in history, english literature and art and currently on a gap year I was wondering what courses at the university of leeds or other similar unis I could possibly get onto??

Would you be looking to doing any retakes? If you are and you're predicted the required grades you can have a shot at Leeds :smile: For other unis, you'd have to do your own research via the UCAS website
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I would say do some retakes

I got an offer from Leeds yesterday and my AS grades were terrible; CDEE
However I'm resitting basically all my AS exams and coursework alongside my A2 and I've managed to get my predicted grades up to ABB. Still chuffed I got an offer for such a competitive course though!

If you really want to go to Leeds (like I do) then I'd say retake. Or if you don't then I guess you'll have to do some research on other unis! Hope this was somehow helpful!
Original post by ginnymay
I would say do some retakes

I got an offer from Leeds yesterday and my AS grades were terrible; CDEE
However I'm resitting basically all my AS exams and coursework alongside my A2 and I've managed to get my predicted grades up to ABB. Still chuffed I got an offer for such a competitive course though!

If you really want to go to Leeds (like I do) then I'd say retake. Or if you don't then I guess you'll have to do some research on other unis! Hope this was somehow helpful!

Hi can I ask what course that was for? I'm applying for economics but the asking grade is AAA and I am only predicted AAB.
Reply 4
Original post by will_jg
Hi can I ask what course that was for? I'm applying for economics but the asking grade is AAA and I am only predicted AAB.

My course is Broadcast Journalism and entry requirements are AAB, but as I said - my predictions are ABB. I found out from the admissions department that they'd give me an offer because of my experience at a radio station. So I guess it's up to the individual departments!
If say apply anyway and see what happens. If you really want Leeds just make sure you have a fabulous personal statement!
Hope this is helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest