The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

History, Politics and Economics at UCL

Scroll to see replies

Original post by triplesevenlover
I just got an offer for the course.

A*A*A in Econ, Psychology and History at A-level, AAA in the three at AS in addition to an A in English Lit, and AABBBBCCD at IGCSE (including a C in Maths, though I did have extenuating circumstances). So I don't think it's too detrimental not to have Maths at AS/A-level. Kind of surprised to get the offer though-- a couple of weeks ago LSE rejected me for Economic History due to my IGCSE scores and a concern over my "numeracy and literacy".

My PS was mostly Econ/History focused, though I did mention extracurriculars which were related to politics and mentioned my interest in Yugoslav history in the statement. Good luck to all of you, seems like an awesome course.

Hi! Well done on the offer!! When did you send your application?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Thanks! September 18th.
Reply 22
Original post by triplesevenlover
Thanks! September 18th.

Well done!! Are you an international student? If yes, from where?
Thanks! I'm from an Eastern European (non-EU) country.
Reply 24
Just got an offer! :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by Samsams
Just got an offer! :smile:

Congrats!!
Reply 26
Hi. I've applied to this course as well. I currently take History, Economics and Geography (A2) and took History, Economics, Geography and English at AS.

I've also applied to Warwick, KCL, UCL and Bristol for straight History.

Best of luck to everyone though!
Original post by ntanationa
Hey guys!
I just applied for BA History, Politics and Economics. I wanted to know who else has or will apply for this course, and what do you expect? What subjects are you taking?

Good luck everyone!
Reply 27
Also I contacted the admissions person and they said that Economics can substitute as Maths so it should be fine. I'm sure we'll hear back soon hopefully!

Original post by STUDENTSJ
Hi! I'm applying too! I'm taking HL History, Economics and English Lit and SL Maths, Chemistry and Italian Lang and Lit (I'm Italian) at IB.
I've got a very high predicted grade but the thing that worries me the most is the fact that they say that you should "preferably have maths HL" I hope it isn't too much of a disadvantage that I don't have it...
How about you? what other unis are you applying to? :smile:
Has anyone had any offers recently? Still waiting, but I feel like they may be waiting for Oxbridge offers to be sent out.
Hey guys!
I just applied for BA History, Politics and Economics. I wanted to know who else has or will apply for this course, and what do you expect? What subjects are you taking?

Good luck everyone!

I have A*A*A in Psychology, Government and Politics and History. I'm currently on a gap year and working in Parliament! :smile: this would probably be my second choice.
hey guys, I applied on the 21st of November and haven't heard anything yet.. did anyone else get offers/rejections?
Reply 31
Original post by STUDENTSJ
hey guys, I applied on the 21st of November and haven't heard anything yet.. did anyone else get offers/rejections?

Hey :smile: I applied 15 October and also havent heard back yet. I think we just have to wait till after the 15th!
Hey :smile: I applied 15 October and also havent heard back yet. I think we just have to wait till after the 15th!

Hey :smile:, lets hope to hear soon and that this "silence" doesn't mean bad news!!:frown:
I have just noticed that the personal statement should
"provide evidence of your interest in history, politics and economics, in the context of Russia, the former Soviet Union and central and Eastern Europe"

I have sent my application 2 months ago and have not yet heard anything.
If I didn't write anything about Eastern Europe history, is there no way for me to get an offer??

This was my first choice.... I am so worried.
Reply 34
Original post by applebanana33
I have just noticed that the personal statement should
"provide evidence of your interest in history, politics and economics, in the context of Russia, the former Soviet Union and central and Eastern Europe"

I have sent my application 2 months ago and have not yet heard anything.
If I didn't write anything about Eastern Europe history, is there no way for me to get an offer??

This was my first choice.... I am so worried.

I think that was just a recommendation of an ideal personal statement. I think many of us, due to the interdisciplinary nature of the course, have applied to other types of courses at other unis (I have at least). So even though the personal statement isnt completely on this or doesnt mention EE and Russia I think it should be fine. It's definitely not a complete no only because of this!
Reply 35
It looks like we will hear back soon as if you log into the portal "application received" has changed to "currently being processed by admissions"
Reply 36
Original post by JL092297
It looks like we will hear back soon as if you log into the portal "application received" has changed to "currently being processed by admissions"

Oh that's weird. Mine still says Application Received. :/
Reply 37
Oh that's weird. Mine still says Application Received. :/

When did you apply? and what grades are you applying with? if you dont mind me asking, could be just a case of you applying a bit later than others :smile:
Reply 38
When did you apply? and what grades are you applying with? if you dont mind me asking, could be just a case of you applying a bit later than others :smile:

No problem, I applied October 14th so pretty early actually. When did you apply?
I have 42 predicted in IB (HL: History 7, English A 6, French B 6, Bio 6; SL: Spanish B 7, Maths 7)

What are your grades? Btw, I am EU not UK.
(edited 8 years ago)

Just saw that as well!! Let's hope it's good newwwssssss, so worriedd!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending