The Student Room Group

Essay Structure - please help

Hi everyone -

I am writing my first essay for uni, and the title is "critically assess the relationship between the doctrines of consideration and promissory estoppel, since the case of williams v roffey" - and I was just wondering how people would go about structuring this essay?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Reply 1
please reply I really need the help and I don't know where to start
Do you need help with the content too? Basically look at that case and really see how it effected the link between consideration and Promisorry Estoppel. I do have some notes from my 1st year and I can try to help you further. Again, only help as I did it 2 years ago. At the moment, I'm busy with assignments and dissertation but I can try to help you in 2-3 days. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by BrokenLife
Do you need help with the content too? Basically look at that case and really see how it effected the link between consideration and Promisorry Estoppel. I do have some notes from my 1st year and I can try to help you further. Again, only help as I did it 2 years ago. At the moment, I'm busy with assignments and dissertation but I can try to help you in 2-3 days. :smile:

Hi -

Thanks for the response :smile: - I am not struggling too much with the concepts. I understand what consideration and promissory estoppel are as individual doctrines. However I am struggling to suggest how the link has been effected. I have started my essay by defining both of the doctrines, but then the main body of my essay feels really limited - so any discussion at all on how the link has been affected would be great. Thats what I am really looking for I guess.

Anything would be great :smile:
Reply 4
If in the meantime anyone else has any additional advise on the structure of the essay then that would be great as well - sorry to be a pain I just want this to go well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending