The Student Room Group

Pinsent Masons Gap Year 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
thank you :smile:) I really do appreciate your help
One last thing (I promise :':wink: ) do they base any questions on your application and do they ask any questions about what is on it? For example, if you did a work experience placement would they want to know what you did and what you gained, in the interview> Thank you so very much!!

If it's interesting they might ask. Definitely reread your application so you can talk about everything in it.
On my way to interview at Leeds now! Anyone else there? Getting excited or all seems so real 😱🙊
That's awesome!!! How was the interview? How many people were there? Do you know how many positions there are available? Thank you in advance!!!
i am dying dead and done because my interview for pinsent masons (birmingham) is tomorrow and i can not.
Reply 64
I have mines tomorrow as well (Edinburgh) 🙈
how have you prepared? my nerves are high i feel like my brain will shut down before i enter the building nevermind during the actual interview!
Reply 66
I had no idea where to begin. I've looked at threads from previous years, went over my application again thoroughly and I've been learning more about the firm through their website. I prepared my question but I'm not sure about my answer at all! I'm nervous too, I'll be glad when it's over.
Has anyone received a rejection email as of yet? Anyone have any idea as to when they stop emailing successful applicants? I've applied for London.
Original post by GrigorijC1997
Has anyone received a rejection email as of yet? Anyone have any idea as to when they stop emailing successful applicants? I've applied for London.

No I haven't but I did only Have my interview today at Glasgow.
Now that all the interviews are over how did everyone find them and how confident are you that u are going to get a place
meehhh mine was okay i guess. although not holding my breath in case- im too fragile. anyone else?
Original post by pleasesendhelp
meehhh mine was okay i guess. although not holding my breath in case- im too fragile. anyone else?

Which centre did you go to? How was the experience? What did the previous gap year students say? And how were the other applicants? I found the whole process a wee bit daunting!
Birmingham! And daunting does not cover it i was so nervous i legitimately thought i would vomit at any given moment. the building was so huge and overwhelming it was quite off putting. overall i think it was a pretty good experience i mean my interviewers were quite nice and most of the questions werent designed to completely throw me off. there wre 4 others with me and they were all pretty nice, as were the gap year students. they gave the run down of their experience which definitely eased my nerves in regards to being so young and working in that type of environment.

so yes thats me. anyone else care to share their experience?
Original post by pleasesendhelp
Birmingham! And daunting does not cover it i was so nervous i legitimately thought i would vomit at any given moment. the building was so huge and overwhelming it was quite off putting. overall i think it was a pretty good experience i mean my interviewers were quite nice and most of the questions werent designed to completely throw me off. there wre 4 others with me and they were all pretty nice, as were the gap year students. they gave the run down of their experience which definitely eased my nerves in regards to being so young and working in that type of environment.

so yes thats me. anyone else care to share their experience?

Ah that's alright then at least it wasn't too bad though, I wonder when they will get back to us and how many places are available? How high do you think the calibre of students is, as in the ones accepted for an interview? We're yours all from private schools? Mine was a mixture of various schools☺️
Original post by GrigorijC1997

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news and I may be wrong but as far as I'm aware all the interview dates have been and gone with London being the Wednesday 4th Decemeber...
From what I remember the email said all applicants will hear whether or not they have been successful (including those invited to interview) by December 31st
How can you be successful if uve not been invited to the interview?
Hey has anyone heard anything regarding replies yet?
Hey has anyone heard anything regarding replies yet?

Nope :frown: the current placement students said they heard on the 18th....
So basically we should hear by this friday?
Original post by arks_007
So basically we should hear by this friday?

They may also reply saying they are unsure as to whether they will offer you a placement as they are trying to find a place for you....how confident do you guys feel about getting an offer?
They may also reply saying they are unsure as to whether they will offer you a placement as they are trying to find a place for you....how confident do you guys feel about getting an offer?

I applied to Manchester which apparently is like one of the most competitive offices due to the ratio of applicants to available places so not getting my hopes up....

Quick Reply

Latest