The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ClarissaDHill
Heya, I'm applying for Children's Nursing at BCU, Coventry and De Montford. Is anyone else applying for any of those? I'm really nervous about it as I've taken a gap year and I'm really worried that everyone else is going to be in their own little groups! :s-smilie:

Is anyone worried about the numeracy and literacy entry tests? I've done loads of recapping already but nothing seems to be going in haha...

Sn@p is a really good website to use for revising maths and is recommended by most universities, it has really helped me in building my confidence as maths was the main thing i was worried about, i hope this helps :smile:
Original post by TanishaClarke
Sn@p is a really good website to use for revising maths and is recommended by most universities, it has really helped me in building my confidence as maths was the main thing i was worried about, i hope this helps :smile:

How do you log in to Sn@p it does not work for mee??? Please help :frown::frown::frown:
Original post by stargirl225
How do you log in to Sn@p it does not work for mee??? Please help :frown::frown::frown:

When you register, if it doesn't work, you will need to ring them and they will register you straight away, if you need anymore help don't hestitate to ask
Original post by Millie_09
HI, just reading through threads for Child Nursing 2016 applicants, came across your post just wondering how long did it take for ljmu to get back to you? (I`ve applied there but no response just yet regards to my application) Hoping you can help : ) @Shannon462
hey sorry I haven't replied sooner. Ljmu were the first uni to get back to me after I sent my application, it took about 2 weeks! I don't think they give out offers until the end of the UCAS cycle as there's only 20 places so I'm still waiting to hear back from them about the interview:frown: how's your application doing?!
Hi, just reading through 2016 Child Nursing Applicant threads; came across your post and saw you`ve applied at Salford for Child Nursing. Same here! I don`t know if you`ve heard anything back, but I have an interview in January so shall keep you posted. (I`m sure it`ll take some stress away) Goodluck @RachD33
hey, Keele took a while to get back to me! I heard back I think end of November/beginning of December! How's your application going!?
Original post by ameychildnurse
Has anyone had a maths and English test day at dmu? I have one on Thursday and was just wondering how long it took you to hear back about an interview after you've had it?

Thanks!

It took about a week for them to get back to me after the testing day! I got an interview for 5th January, I'm sure you will be fine! Good luck!
Original post by Shannon462
It took about a week for them to get back to me after the testing day! I got an interview for 5th January, I'm sure you will be fine! Good luck!

Thanks! Did they allow you to use a calculator in the Maths test or not?
Reply 587
hey, Keele took a while to get back to me! I heard back I think end of November/beginning of December! How's your application going!?

Had interviews at Sheffield Hallam and Salford. Manchester have emailed to tell me they need another reference off my tutor before they'll offer me an interview (I'm doing an access to HE course) not heard anything at all off keele or Huddersfield. How's yours going?? X
Thanks! Did they allow you to use a calculator in the Maths test or not?

No you don't need one
Original post by RachD33
Had interviews at Sheffield Hallam and Salford. Manchester have emailed to tell me they need another reference off my tutor before they'll offer me an interview (I'm doing an access to HE course) not heard anything at all off keele or Huddersfield. How's yours going?? X

Well done!! I hope you do well in all your interviews! Ive got an offer from Sheffield Hallam and am waiting for ljmu. I've got interviews at Keele and de Montfort in the new year. Where would be your firm?
No you don't need one

Thanks! How did you find them? I'm worried as I'm not great at maths but dmu is my first choice, so fingers crossed!
Reply 591
Well done!! I hope you do well in all your interviews! Ive got an offer from Sheffield Hallam and am waiting for ljmu. I've got interviews at Keele and de Montfort in the new year. Where would be your firm?

Ah that's fab well done!!! I've had a conditional offer from Sheffield Hallam. Sheffield or Manchester are both my favourite unis. Think Sheffield will be my firm choice although it depends if I get an offer from Manchester.
How about you?? X
Original post by RachD33
Ah that's fab well done!!! I've had a conditional offer from Sheffield Hallam. Sheffield or Manchester are both my favourite unis. Think Sheffield will be my firm choice although it depends if I get an offer from Manchester.
How about you?? X

I think I want Sheffield as my firm too! I loved it on the open day and at the interview! Good luck with Manchester!
Thanks! How did you find them? I'm worried as I'm not great at maths but dmu is my first choice, so fingers crossed!

Honestly it really was fine, maths isn't my strong point either and I didn't revise for dmu but I passed. You'll be fine it's not really hard
Original post by _melissamitchel
Anyone heard back from London South Bank, Hertfordshire or Surrey? UCAS Application was received on 1st December and haven't heard anything yet.

Had my testing day for maths and english at Anglia Ruskin today.

LSB emailed me on the 14th of december to come for aptitude tests on the 6th of January. I sent my UCAS away on the 26th of November.
I have an interview at Staffordshire on the 19th of Jan and DeMontfort on the 20th of Jan. Angila Ruskin offered me an interview on the same date but I already had my flights booked to the midlands (I'm from n.ireland) So I'm waiting on them to hopefully rearrange another date for me. I have a maths and English test on the 9th of feb with Wolverhampton (Burton campus) and I'm still waiting on Chester.

I sent my application off on the 18th of Nov and Chester got back to me within 2 days and asked me to provide a second reference. I did this that day and they received it the next... but I'm still waiting on word from them. starting to worry now as everyone seemed to hear pretty quickly with Chester about an interview. Hopefully hear soon.. waiting for the postman everyday. Has anyone else had interviews at these places... or on the same dates as me?
Actually, just checked my UCAS and I've had a rejection from Chester before I've even had an interview. I am so upset because I really thought my personal statement was on point and they had asked for a second reference, which also was exactly what they've asked for. I rang for feedback and they said I had a strong personal statement and I came across very well but i needed to relate my own personal skills back to children's nursing... which I've done so I'm so confused and upset I don't understand it! This process is very hurtful :frown:
Reply 597
Original post by emmawebb
Actually, just checked my UCAS and I've had a rejection from Chester before I've even had an interview. I am so upset because I really thought my personal statement was on point and they had asked for a second reference, which also was exactly what they've asked for. I rang for feedback and they said I had a strong personal statement and I came across very well but i needed to relate my own personal skills back to children's nursing... which I've done so I'm so confused and upset I don't understand it! This process is very hurtful :frown:

Sorry to hear this. :frown: The process is horrible but you'll get there!

Who else do you have left to hear from? The first thing I got was a rejection without interview (and they wouldn't give me feedback) but then I went on to get three offers including my first choice so be optimistic! :smile:

It's good that they gave you very specific feedback and not all the unis might think the same way.

Stay positive! :smile:
hey sorry I haven't replied sooner. Ljmu were the first uni to get back to me after I sent my application, it took about 2 weeks! I don't think they give out offers until the end of the UCAS cycle as there's only 20 places so I'm still waiting to hear back from them about the interview:frown: how's your application doing?!

Hi, it`s okay, how did your interview go at LJMU? Just received an interview there for the 18th January, any tips on what to expect...x
My application is going well thanks, received interviews/ tests from all the universities I applied to so just preparing for them really, hby @Shannon462
Hi, it`s okay, how did your interview go at LJMU? Just received an interview there for the 18th January, any tips on what to expect...x
My application is going well thanks, received interviews/ tests from all the universities I applied to so just preparing for them really, hby @Shannon462

The maths test at ljmu really was fine, so I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about that! I don't think my interview went great, I can't really remember what they asked but I remember thinking I won't get an offer. I hope yours goes well, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending