The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by trapking
It really puzzles me how the team can be so different now given that was not long ago at all.....all we do now is literally pass backwards all the time and just stay there, no one even bothers to make runs apart from Martial but even he is restricted to some extent. It's like Van Gaal has chained each of the players to their positions and they are not allowed to play football freely lol

Maybe that's why Rooney appears to be even more **** than he was before :lol:

Sounds like classic example of players terrified to make a mistake because of the manager. Pretty clear he'd ruthlessly cut anyone, slam them in the press, ruin their career etc if you **** with him.

Terrible man manager. If you get a good man manager in your team could be beast & and play some crazy football with the players you have tbh.
Original post by sr90
Anywhere below 1st at Christmas is unacceptable for this club imo. We should go into every season aiming to win the league, nothing less. Especially with the money we've spent

Chelsea are only 11pts behind us it's not beyond possibility that they catch us up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoilt. That's like me saying 'anything below the PL is unacceptable for Leeds'. It is what it is and you are where you deserve to be. Just like we are, just like Chelsea are & just like Leicester are.

Hate that attitude.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Spoilt. That's like me saying 'anything below the PL is unacceptable for Leeds'. It is what it is and you are where you deserve to be. Just like we are, just like Chelsea are & just like Leicester are.

Hate that attitude.

How many times have Leeds actually been in the premier league? Yeah I thought so....

You can't compare Leeds to Utd that argument is invalid....SR is right, Manchester United should always be challenging for the title whether that means we are first place or in top 3 but we should always be up there and close....we spend big money on big players, it has always been our heritage to challenge for the title each and every season that is in our blood. If we dont win the title then we should at the very least be in champions league and challenge for that.

For us to drop to being a 6th-13th place team is unacceptable which is why Moyes got the sack, and which is why LVG is under immense pressure now because we risk falling out of top 4. This is why managing Utd or playing for Utd comed with very high expectations....yes it can be bad sometimes in that fans can get restless too quickly but you can't blame them as we have won so many titles.
Reply 663

Hate that attitude.

He's clearly half serious

yes it can be bad sometimes in that fans can get restless too quickly but you can't blame them as we have won so many titles.

Yes, you can blame them for taking the successful era granted and becoming spoilt over trophies and not the club its self. I know loads of UTD's fans who just aren't watching football right now because of how poor you've been this season and last. Never thought I'd say it but your fan base is more plastic than Chelsea's.

Big part of your fanbase just chose Manc cause of the 3 back to back PL's won anyway. That and they jumped ship from Arsenal after the Thierry Henry era
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AR_95

Yes, you can blame them for taking the successful era granted and becoming spoilt over trophies and not the club its self. I know loads of UTD's fans who just aren't watching football right now because of how poor you've been this season and last. Never thought I'd say it but your fan base is more plastic than Chelsea's.

Big part of your fanbase just chose Manc cause of the 3 back to back PL's won anyway. That and they jumped ship from Arsenal after the Thierry Henry era

LOL that's rich coming from an Arsenal fan.

Arsenal fans last season (and beginning of this season as well)- "Theo Walcott should go he's ****...Giroud is the best striker"

*Scores great goal against Man City yday*

Arsenal fans- "Theo, Theo, Theo.....Omg hes quality..we are going to win the title"

Arsenal fans are deluded :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 665
LOL that's rich coming from an Arsenal fan.

Arsenal fans last season (and beginning of this season as well)- "Theo Walcott should go he's ****...Giroud is the best striker"

*Scores great goal against Man City yday*

Arsenal fans- "Theo, Theo, Theo.....Omg hes quality"

Arsenal fans are deluded :lol:

You've plucked those quotes out of your ass
Trapking is definitely 14 years old. Sounds like @Rk2k14 when he first went on TSR.
(edited 8 years ago)

Hate that attitude.

Anything below the Premier League IS unacceptable for Leeds though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
You've plucked those quotes out of your ass

I cba to look for them and quote you but i'm 100% certain that was the case!

Anyway enjoy celebrating being above Spurs in 4th place come end of the season like usual :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Anywhere below 1st at Christmas is unacceptable for this club imo. We should go into every season aiming to win the league, nothing less. Especially with the money we've spent

Chelsea are only 11pts behind us it's not beyond possibility that they catch us up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, if we were to beat you, you drop points against Stoke and we beat Watford(easier said than done but they're without Ake) then we will be 6 points behind with half a season left. More than enough time to catch up.
Original post by jam277
Trapking is definitely 14 years old

Good one x
Original post by jam277
Trapking is definitely 14 years old. Sounds like @Rk2k14 when he first went on TSR.

or scrawlx
LVG set to take the pre-match press conference as usual, apparently. I really can't see him getting sacked unless you pick up 0 or 1 point from your next three games.
How many times have Leeds actually been in the premier league? Yeah I thought so....

Urm, a lot? You don't know much about football history I'm assuming, and it may come as a surprise for you but Leeds once were up there with the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. Even 14 years ago we were playing in the semi-final of the Champions League.

You can't compare Leeds to Utd that argument is invalid....SR is right, Manchester United should always be challenging for the title whether that means we are first place or in top 3 but we should always be up there and close....we spend big money on big players, it has always been our heritage to challenge for the title each and every season that is in our blood. If we dont win the title then we should at the very least be in champions league and challenge for that.

Lol, yes I can. How is it invalid? Man Utd should be competing for titles (and you still are) and Leeds should be in the PL. I just think it's spoilt to demand it in such a way seen on this thread that I'm actually seeing fans say they want to lose games. Its completely insane and epitomizes everything that's wrong with the modern football fan. It was Leeds' heritage to challenge for the title and all that noise. We spent money and missed. We collapsed. We didn't have half a billion plastic fans in Asia buying merchandise to fall back on.

For us to drop to being a 6th-13th place team is unacceptable which is why Moyes got the sack, and which is why LVG is under immense pressure now because we risk falling out of top 4. This is why managing Utd or playing for Utd comed with very high expectations....yes it can be bad sometimes in that fans can get restless too quickly but you can't blame them as we have won so many titles.

Original post by AR_95
He's clearly half serious

As AR said, yes you can blame them. He hit the nail on the head when he said you lot have become spoilt over trophies and not the club. You are not entitled to anything just because of your history, and United fans need to get rid of this ridiculous superiority complex they have. I remember last season when United fans were having a go at Southampton for being in the Top 4 and said they need to get down to where they belong and that's just disgusting. Surprised they haven't done it to Leicester yet, though I'm sure there's some post dug down somewhere that would prove otherwise.

I also think it's ridiculous the way people sulk if there team isn't winning (this is for all the top clubs on here though, not just United). Saying thinks like "turned it off, refuse to watch it". I couldn't ever imagine doing that. We got hammered by Wednesday at Hillsborough 2 seasons ago & I was late for work because I still watched the end of it, despite the fact we lost 6-0.

Original post by sr90
Anything below the Premier League IS unacceptable for Leeds though

Posted from TSR Mobile

It absolutely is. We're a bigger club than half of the current PL and have a ground that's bigger than half the PL too. Biggest one club city in Europe and a fantastic fanbase that will stick with the club through everything. But it's not our right to demand PL football because we are Leeds. Every other club has an equal right for it, and I know that slagging off the players, the manager and our own fans and being at each others throats (seen regularly in the FF club threads) is counter-productive. We will get to the Premier League, but only when we're good enough, ready and deserve to be there.

Maybe it's different because Leeds have been in the hurt locker for over a decade now, but for me the real joy of football is simply celebrating goals, celebrating wins. Being at Elland Road and just enjoying it is all I need. It's a shame that's not enough for Man Utd fans and anything less than a resounding win and a PL title isn't good enough. I'd hate to have expectations that high because it would completely ruin football for me.
Reply 674
Smalling wins the tackles and mins per goal conceded, therefore Smalling >>> Kosc

Jam is asking to get roasted :colonhash:
Original post by itsmyname
or scrawlx

Both are still low quality posters. Majority of what RK posts is the word 'Rekt' or 'Salty' (as do many others on this thread) and Scrawl just posts about not being able to watch a match, due to revision or hoovering.
He's salty.^
Reply 678
Original post by Major Zero
Both are still low quality posters. Majority of what RK posts is the word 'Rekt' or 'Salty' (as do many others on this thread) and Scrawl just posts about not being able to watch a match, due to revision or hoovering.

Very true

Lol, yes I can. How is it invalid? Man Utd should be competing for titles (and you still are) and Leeds should be in the PL. I just think it's spoilt to demand it in such a way seen on this thread that I'm actually seeing fans say they want to lose games. Its completely insane and epitomizes everything that's wrong with the modern football fan. It was Leeds' heritage to challenge for the title and all that noise. We spent money and missed. We collapsed. We didn't have half a billion plastic fans in Asia buying merchandise to fall back on.

Leeds are not in the PL simply because you aren't performing at a good enough consistent level to even come close to being in the PL and sustaining it. You're currently 13th in championship....I'm not saying that we are entitled to the title or top 4, we earned it by playing the way we have been playing even though it's not "attractive" football.

I do agree with you that real fans should stick with the club in the times of good and bad but given the circumstances at the club now (and how many games we have under performed in) it is understandable why fans would want their own team to lose for the good of the club (esp when the club has said they are reluctant to getting rid of the manager when it is clearly his style that is impacting our game). LVG and the current team haven't been delivering good enough results for a while now which is why fans are starting to think this is a good time for change considering how making top 4 now is at risk of being shattered with our current form. It has been a recurring theme in the teams LVG has managed and is no surprise that it has come to this.

Spoiler

Latest