The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Morsey_
Going by the looks of things, Rooney will most likely be on for the 2nd half. My guess is Herrera or Fellaini to come off, most likely Herrera.

He hasnt been any good today and where is carrick?
Original post by _Morsey_
Going by the looks of things, Rooney will most likely be on for the 2nd half. My guess is Herrera or Fellaini to come off, most likely Herrera.
Herrera in many ways has come to epitomise what is wrong with LVG. How many times have we seen his subbed when the system is failing, and how many times have we seen a stellar game followed by him being benched or moved? No matter how many goals he scores or how good we look with him at 10, LVG just doesn't like him there, and when he doesn't perform elsewhere he'll be subbed or dropped rather than moved to that position.
On one hand I feel that LVG's been let down by the players (the same way Moyes was) yet on the other I know that LVG's philosophy is outdated and too predictable.

LVG, Rooney, Carrick and Giggs has to go.
Original post by trapking
People will say blame the players for the poor performances but I disagree. The players are doing what they have been coached to do according to Van Gaals system which is clearly not working for us....there's no doubt about that!

Stoke away (or home) isn't an easy game but we shouldn't be this out of the game this early on.....Terrible.

Hopefully we can turn this around and salvage something in the second half.

No one on the pitch has been good at all dotdefend them theyve all been poor memphis could have just passed the ball
[video="youtube;YiHaby6O2WQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiHaby6O2WQ[/video]

Definitely this time around, the paperwork is being filled out as we speak.
Actually hoping we lose to get rid of defensive LVG..... the guy just seems one of those people who cannot make rational decisions. Its their way and nothing else- which is not a good attitude to have in life. It means if they are wrong, they persist in being wrong.
Original post by scrawlx101
No one on the pitch has been good at all dotdefend them theyve all been poor memphis could have just passed the ball

In Memphis' case that was just an unlucky mistake! But the whole team has been doing what we have been doing all season we can't break down teams.....we are struggling to score....Martial is playing on the wing??? What the hell is this?
Original post by mmm778899
Actually hoping we lose to get rid of defensive LVG..... the guy just seems one of those people who cannot make rational decisions. Its their way and nothing else- which is not a good attitude to have in life. It means if they are wrong, they persist in being wrong.

You want us to lose? Poor form man...ibwant us to win or atleast draw
Original post by The_Stig
[video="youtube;YiHaby6O2WQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiHaby6O2WQ[/video]

Definitely this time around, the paperwork is being filled out as we speak.

hahahaha i don't think he will survive till Chelsea if we lose this...:rofl:
Seeing Utd perform so badly is one thing, knowing that it comes with the very good chance of leading to the appointment of Mourinho as manager is just throwing salt in the wound.

That is a criticism that could just as easily (if not more so) be aimed at Mourinho.
(edited 8 years ago)
Rooney to come on and have a stormer..ill lo so hard

I hope he doesn't its too little too late, needs to be gone before we finish 8th
Original post by mojojojo101
Seeing Utd perform so badly is one thing, knowing that it comes with the very good chance of leading to the appointment of Mourinho as manager is just throwing salt in the wound.

i really don't want Mourinho he will ruin the club :redface:

If we get Mourinho it has to be a short term contract i reckon
Reply 993

For who, defensive Mou?
The truth is that little has changed between this season and last season; all that has is that you're no longer exceeding the stattos' expectations. You've always been playing **** and had the crap shot numbers to match it. Just now you're reverting to the expected number of points you should be getting with this ****.
TheYll give him til chelsea sending us to face chelsea with giggs as interim will be a mess
i really don't want Mourinho he will ruin the club :redface:

If we get Mourinho it has to be a short term contract i reckon

Then who do we get?
Lol.
United fans moaning about defensive, negative football but want Mourinho?
Stupidity at its best.
Reply 998
If the club wanted to wait until after this result to sack LVG they're idiots. Should have been sacked by now. If we lose this today we're out of the title race for sure.
Speechless.

Latest