The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

FFS Woodward end this nightmare once and for all :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol...if giggs comes in and makes us vome4/5/6/7 are you guys going to be happy?
Original post by scrawlx101
Lol...if giggs comes in and makes us vome4/5/6/7 are you guys going to be happy?

No. **** this Giggs nonsense. Embarrassing it's even discussed as an option.

He has absolutely zero management experience. Might as well give it to the tea lady FFS. She's been at the club for 30 years. She 'understands what the club is about'. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hayles101
No. **** this Giggs nonsense. Embarrassing it's even discussed as an option.

He has absolutely zero management experience. Might as well give it to the tea lady FFS. She's been at the club for 30 years. She 'understands what the club is about'. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If mou came in do you think hed promote youth or be given a long contract?
[video="youtube;7zHej_JDzFw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zHej_JDzFw[/video]
[video="youtube;Amnip4VgLOM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amnip4VgLOM[/video]
9.30am has come and gone LVG is still here. Must be after the Chelsea game in that case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scrawlx101
If mou came in do you think hed promote youth or be given a long contract?

To be honest that's the least of the worries IMO. Our youth has been given so many chances over the last two seasons because are current manager carries a miniscule squad and keeps getting a **** load of injuries. And no one is exactly setting the world alight.

Whole academy needs looked at. Jose is fine for a few years IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasidb
9.30am has come and gone LVG is still here. Must be after the Chelsea game in that case.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think having a game 48 hours after the last one makes it a very tricky one.

Moyes lost on the Sunday and went the Tuesday. Jose didn't leave chelsea until the Thursday. What SHOULD happen is it's announced today a mutual decision has been made by both parties Chelsea is his final game. Maybe the players will actually try then. Will put fans at ease too.

But yes nothing being said or done until after chelsea is another stupid decision and waste of 2, probably 3 points.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why is he always talking about quitting? It's completely undermining his leadership. Why should Man United fans care about him staying or keeping him, when he is so overt about the pressure he is under and opening up avenues to walk away?

He really doesn't know how to work the press.
To be honest that's the least of the worries IMO. Our youth has been given so many chances over the last two seasons because are current manager carries a miniscule squad and keeps getting a **** load of injuries. And no one is exactly setting the world alight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our youth set up has been a bit of a joke for a few years now, it's not had the investment or attention it deserves (or has the reputation for). We are already loosing the he best local players to City and that is only going to get worse as their system really kicks into gear. Club officials need to make a decision, give the academy the money it needs to compete or cut it loose ( I fear I already know the conclusion they will reach).

Also I really think Woodward just needs to **** off himself at this point, clearly has very little idea what he is doing in a footballing sense and he is holding our recruitment back significantlly.
Woodward isn't the problem. If we got rid of him, every club in Europe would want him because he'd make them a ****load of money

Rumurs on twitter that LVG hasn't turned up for training but its probably BS
^Apparently, Sky Sports were saying earlier that Giggs had arrived at training but no sign of LvG as of approx. an hour ago, but he may be there now.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Woodward isn't the problem. If we got rid of him, every club in Europe would want him because he'd make them a ****load of money

Rumurs on twitter that LVG hasn't turned up for training but its probably BS

Its a trap
Original post by Mo De Lemone
^Sky Sports were saying earlier that Giggs had arrived at training but no sign of LvG as of approx. an hour ago, but he may be there now.

Hes probably late
Original post by Mackay
Why is he always talking about quitting? It's completely undermining his leadership. Why should Man United fans care about him staying or keeping him, when he is so overt about the pressure he is under and opening up avenues to walk away?

He really doesn't know how to work the press.

He's terrible with the press.

I know they're bad but he's way too defensive.

He just thinks everyone is out to get him and always uses the "I don't have to tell you anything" line for even the most smallest detail (I could imagine him saying this if he was asked what diet plan he has the players on).
Original post by zKlown
He's terrible with the press.

I know they're bad but he's way too defensive.

He just thinks everyone is out to get him and always uses the "I don't have to tell you anything" line for even the most smallest detail (I could imagine him saying this if he was asked what diet plan he has the players on).

Yeah, it's amazing how a seemingly experienced and cultured manager isn't adept at dealing with them. Even Mourinho, in his darkest hours, spun the press and worked them.
We're not going to sack him today are we FFS
Original post by sr90
We're not going to sack him today are we FFS

I love the abuse you got when you never believed he was the right man :biggrin:

People were too busy raving about his amazing(-ly lucky) goalkeeper sub for a penalty shootout to see how poor he really is.
It was clear as soon as he came that he didn't have the charisma or ability to manage this club. Not Manchester United.

Obviously as a Liverpool fan I suppose I was looking for ways to dislike him, but it became clear to me almost instantly that he wasn't the man for the job, not even in the short term.
Fair play to you for seeing it too. I expect your next manager to be quality but it's been nice seeing United not dominate everything for a few years :smile:

Scenes when we're ahead of you before 2016 :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by mojojojo101
Our youth set up has been a bit of a joke for a few years now, it's not had the investment or attention it deserves (or has the reputation for). We are already loosing the he best local players to City and that is only going to get worse as their system really kicks into gear. Club officials need to make a decision, give the academy the money it needs to compete or cut it loose ( I fear I already know the conclusion they will reach).

Also I really think Woodward just needs to **** off himself at this point, clearly has very little idea what he is doing in a footballing sense and he is holding our recruitment back significantlly.

What exactly is wrong with the academy and what expectations do you have of it?

Latest