The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lol as if SR was the first person to call out LVG..

Post 8607 on UTD thread XV, December 2014

Who cares if you're top 4 rofl Southampton are 2nd yet are no where near to being title contenders. The rest of the top teams are currently piss poor atm too so again Van Gaal is riding his luck out that way.

"(a botched defence playing in a very difficult and unnatural formation for us)"

So who's fault is it for the unnatural formation and botched defence?

You hit on the counter once, luckily, just like every other team has done against Arsenal this season a weakness which we have had for the past 12 months or so, and has nothing to do with "LVG's tactical brilliance". **** it man even Southampton and Swansea put in better performances against us at the Emirates. The own goal was totally avoidable too and nothing of UTD's credit. Had that not gone in it would have just been a measly 1-1 anyway?

You're not the only club to have injuries either, and the only ones who cry genius are Chelsea fans...

post 8604
What good tactics by lvg wrt arsenal?
UTD looked like a league one side clutching a lucky win. They were god awful and it's only because Arsenal are toothless that they didn't win.

Let's be real here. If we're judging LVG here he is a fraud who relies on individual brilliance to carry him. Obviously it's only been a few months so I reserve that judgement for now but so far he's been poor.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
lol as if SR was the first person to call out LVG..

lol as if Luke's attempts at chirpsing Sr are new
Original post by Lúcio
I love the abuse you got when you never believed he was the right man :biggrin:

People were too busy raving about his amazing(-ly lucky) goalkeeper sub for a penalty shootout to see how poor he really is.
It was clear as soon as he came that he didn't have the charisma or ability to manage this club. Not Manchester United.

Obviously as a Liverpool fan I suppose I was looking for ways to dislike him, but it became clear to me almost instantly that he wasn't the man for the job, not even in the short term.
Fair play to you for seeing it too. I expect your next manager to be quality but it's been nice seeing United not dominate everything for a few years :smile:

Scenes when we're ahead of you before 2016 :wink:

Tbf even if we got Mourinho today and lost against Chelsea then Sr will be calling for his head.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sr90
We're not going to sack him today are we FFS

Obviously not. Anyone who thought we would is a ****ing idiot.

Original post by zKlown
He's terrible with the press.

I know they're bad but he's way too defensive.

He just thinks everyone is out to get him and always uses the "I don't have to tell you anything" line for even the most smallest detail (I could imagine him saying this if he was asked what diet plan he has the players on).

Everyone's terrible with the press when they're losing.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Obviously not. Anyone who thought we would is a ****ing idiot.

Everyone's terrible with the press when they're losing.

He's terrible with them at all times, I've always thought this.
Atleast we'll be rid of his terrible english. My ears bleed everytime I hear him speak, it's like putting batteries through a garbage disposal.
The issue you've got is that LVG is very much Woodward's man, and the latter will be fighting tooth and nail to keep him in the role to prove a success after the Moyes debacle and the transfer failings of his time in charge.
Guy like Kenan standing in front of his man LVG with a shield and deflecting any shots.

Posted from TSR Mobile
if LVG had these results and performances managing other big clubs he would be gone after the B'Mouth game, imagine him managing Bayern, Barca, Real or even Juve and achieving these results and with that boring style of play. Our board seem to think giving a manager time is important which I can understand but there comes a time when this becomes untenable and I think the time is now.

Anyways who do you guys think should start v Chelsea?

I'd go DDG Varela Smalling Jones Blind Scwein Schneid Mata (RM) Rooney (CAM) Depay (LM) and Martial

I think with Costa out, it will mean we can defend more comfortably as Remy will probably start who is not as physical as Costa. I think Hazard and Willian will give our full backs a hard time, especially the Willian v Blind match up. I don't see us breaking Chelsea's defence down tbh :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by qasidb
Guy like Kenan standing in front of his man LVG with a shield and deflecting any shots.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kenan defending the indefensible like he's Oscar Pistorious' lawyer
What I said was 100% true.
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
if LVG had these results and performances managing other big clubs he would be gone after the B'Mouth game, imagine him managing Bayern, Barca, Real or even Juve and achieving these results and with that boring style of play. Our board seem to think giving a manager time is important which I can understand but there comes a time when this becomes untenable and I think the time is now.

I'd go DDG Varela Smalling Jones Blind Scwein Schneid Mata (RM) Rooney (CAM) Depay (LM) and Martial

I think with Costa out, it will mean we can defend more comfortably as Remy will probably start who is not as physical as Costa. I think Hazard and Willian will give our full backs a hard time, especially the Willian v Blind match up. I don't see us breaking Chelsea's defence down tbh :frown:

There's no point in me saying who should start because it will be nowhere near who will start. This will be the lineup.

DDG

Young
Smalling
Jones
Blind

Basti
Carrick

Mata
Fellaini
Martial

Rooney
Original post by zKlown
There's no point in me saying who should start because it will be nowhere near who will start. This will be the lineup.

DDG

Young
Smalling
Jones
Blind

Basti
Carrick

Mata
Fellaini
Martial

Rooney

Do you think LVG will be that retarded that he'll stick with Fellaini and not play Herrera and Schneiderlin? Wouldn't be surprised tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasidb
Do you think LVG will be that retarded that he'll stick with Fellaini and not play Herrera and Schneiderlin? Wouldn't be surprised tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I do lol, I do think he's that "retarded"

I don't get why he persists with Fellaini, he seems like exactly the type of player who wouldn't fit into his "philosophy". Remember when he first took over and Fellaini seemed destined to go, then he scored that goal against West Brom? Ever since then he's almost been a fixture in our starting 11 or at least the match day squad over young players with more potential (and even established players who are much better like Herrera and Schniederlin).

I just don't get it. Other than chest control and being a target man, he offers nothing.
Original post by SirAlexFerguson

swap depay for young and mata for lingard if hes fit both will be passengers in this game
Original post by zKlown
Yes I do lol, I do think he's that "retarded"

I don't get why he persists with Fellaini, he seems like exactly the type of player who wouldn't fit into his "philosophy". Remember when he first took over and Fellaini seemed destined to go, then he scored that goal against West Brom? Ever since then he's almost been a fixture in our starting 11 or at least the match day squad over young players with more potential (and even established players who are much better like Herrera and Schniederlin).

I just don't get it. Other than chest control and being a target man, he offers nothing.

It's one of the numerous reasons why he should be sacked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
any news on why lvg didnt turn uptop training?
Original post by scrawlx101
any news on why lvg didnt turn uptop training?

I can see a resignation coming tbh. Think win, lose or draw after Chelsea he'll step down.
Original post by Harvey.Specter
I can see a resignation coming tbh. Think win, lose or draw after Chelsea he'll step down.

He won't give up his fat pay packet. And certainly not if he flukes a win some how.

Will delude himself and plenty of others into forgetting the other 10 games before tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whats worst, is that he had such a good opportunity of winning the league this season due to everyone else being ****e but he managed to **** that up too.

Latest