The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Morsey_
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal, speaking to BT Sport: “For me, it [his future] is not an interesting subject because I cannot have any influence on that, I can only work with my players and you can see they are fighting for me. Even after this result the fans were applauding so I cannot say I’m very much concerned. In this football world you never know, but I’m fully confident in the board and my players.

"Will I resign? On the contrary. When the players can give such a performance with a lot of pressure, there is not any reason to resign for me. Maybe the media wants me to but I shall not resign. It's not a question of staying, it's a question of fulfilling my contract."

===============

The next few pages on this thread are going to be quite interesting.

We're ****ed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also lol @ Rooney getting MOTM.
You **** bastards ahahahahahahahaha

:awesome:
We're the new Liverpool!
:lol:

Original post by TornadoGR4
You **** bastards ahahahahahahahaha

:awesome:

you drew to forest! **** off
Reports after Norwich were that LVG had two games to save his job ie the Stoke one or Chelsea one, both results were disappointing - a 2-0 loss and a 0-0 are not impressive and I think based on past results he should go otherwise the gap between us and spurs will only increase.

However this performance showed me that the players were playing for the manager and LVG had his usual arrogant style back in the post match interview which suggests he's pretty confidence he's staying. Maybe they might give him the Swansea game as todays performance was decent.
Original post by trapking
you drew to forest! **** off

:proud:
Original post by trapking
looks like he will be still manager for the swansea game!

At least today he picked the right team....and we did attack and play entertaining football hence the fans applauding him at the end. We were unlucky today but whether we can repeat such performances with van gaal that's what im not really sure about...

We weren't unlucky. Anyone can beat Chelsea this season. The performance was bang average. Our fans have dropped their expectations it's sad.
Original post by Dirtybit
Our fans have dropped their expectations it's sad.

this is v.true tbh i think the reality has hit them that LVG is going nowhere! :rofl:
I hate when people think they are "true" fans by calling people who want LVG out "plastic".
It probably gives him another few more games now. The performance was good and more intent and if it came from direction from LVG to play quicker in the attacking third then that's hopeful but whether we replicate that same sort of display vs Swansea will be the test.

Martial had his best game on the wing, continuing to add to Ivanovic's woes but laughable Rooney got motm, you would think he scored a couple and assisted from the pundits analysis.

Woodword will be even more inclined to back LVG on that performance and LVG's post match comments were those of a man who knew he had his boss backing. More assured.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Come next week we'll be back to square one and the LVG out will continue.

Just get it done now.
Chelsea had an away record of 1-2-5, haven't won an away game in league since August and were without several key players.
Original post by Rk2k14

Just get it done now.

I can absolutely guarantee that we'll play like **** in our next game and lose
Original post by Aky786UK

Woodword will be even more inclined to back LVG on that performance and LVG's post match comments were those of a man who knew he had his boss backing. More assured.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is what struck me, too. He seems to be talking from a stronger position now.

"When the players perform like that, there's no reason for me to resign."
Original post by Rk2k14

Just get it done now.

100%, sooner rather than later we will start playing with his "philosophy" again.

For me he is just delaying the inevitable, if im completely honest im not sure we'll win the FA Cup game v Sheffield United :frown: Today was a "good" performance but yet DDG had to save us on 2 occasions and Matic missed a sitter. I still think he should have gone after Norwich, perhaps we'd be 6 points better off :s-smilie:
What do United fans actually want Mourinho for? His brand of football?
Original post by Mackay
What do United fans actually want Mourinho for? His brand of football?

To win titles obviously

Latest