The Student Room Group

19 , hot and single; am i weird?

Now I know I shouldn't be letting this take over my thoughts however i've been thinking about this for awhile. I am 19 and have been single my whole life am i weird? guys always stare at me and ive sometimes gotten free food , discounts from things, doors opened etc . Whats even more crazy is that ive gotten two proposals. I get over hundreds of likes and comments on my instagram posts yet no man has had the confidence to approach me in a friendly manner.

Now in the pass i have put myself out there but i got it thrown back in my face so i gave up. People always assume i am taken but im not`literally i have no boys numbers in my phone saved. no kidding, the other day i got told by some random guy at the bus stop to put boys last and focus on my education. But I think i am running away from it incase i get hurt bc my mother got divorced 5 times sadly. people who i have trusted in the past have thrown me under the bus, i've lost so many friendships in the past which has made me scared to open up and trust people , im scared to open up and love someone :frown:

anyone give me advice :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you going uni?
if so, Do you know any guys there? Try being friends with them, hopefully you meet someone nice or ask one of your girlfriends to set you up on a date.

Lol and no thats no weird

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rating your appearance based on Instagram likes and comments seems very peculiar to me so, sure! That said, I don't get the whole Instagram thing at all!

Close friends would be better to advise than strangers on the internet though. As lovable as we are, our opinions will just be based on predictions.
my situation just goes to show that looks can only get you too far!

guys are too scared to approach me bc they think im taken. I cant even be friends with guys bc things just become awkward as they begin to catch feelings and i dont etc. thanks for the replies! i wont let this get to me and not chase love ! i just thought i was weird thats all i look at my 16 year old cousin who has been in a relationship for two years and i crave that :frown: obvs im a virgin and never been kissed lol but people will never know that
Original post by guppygould
Rating your appearance based on Instagram likes and comments seems very peculiar to me so, sure! That said, I don't get the whole Instagram thing at all!

Close friends would be better to advise than strangers on the internet though. As lovable as we are, our opinions will just be based on predictions.

thanks no worries i totally get you, i guess i just need to be patient for the right guy. People just assume if your instagram page is popping it means you have a perfect life which is the opposite.I deactivated my page for a while bc it just made me mad lol if i get back on i will for sure let you guys know :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by yourheartsealed
x

so what if you're pretty, there's loads of good looking girls out there.
If you think about it looks are a depreciating asset so one day you looks won't be worth much, then what?
What else do you have to offer?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi there, Heartsealed.

I know it can be difficult waiting for someone that loves you. My advice is do not worry. Remember, it's not about the 100 guys you impress, it's about the 1 man that loves you forever. You only have to do it right once, you know? Most of the time, that's worth waiting for.

Another point to encourage you on is that people are often scared to ask each other out, part of its their age, part of its our culture. But that's just the way it is sometimes. The right man will be able to overcome his fear and take a leap of faith.

On a more practical note, that doesn't mean you have to sit around waiting for Prince Charming to come along. If you really like someone, there's no harm in asking them for out for a drink or coffee. If you're not feeling so bold, try lowering your defenses a little, make eye contact, flash them a smile, talk to them about things they enjoy, etc eventually, they'll make the move.

Best of luck.

SS

Geologymaths: Might be worth starting a thread on how not to look like a creep, mate. :wink:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Supersaps
Hi there, Heartsealed.

I know it can be difficult waiting for someone that loves you. My advice is do not worry. Remember, it's not about the 100 guys you impress, it's about the 1 man that loves you forever. You only have to do it right once, you know? Most of the time, that's worth waiting for.

Another point to encourage you on is that people are often scared to ask each other out, part of its their age, part of its our culture. But that's just the way it is sometimes. The right man will be able to overcome his fear and take a leap of faith.

On a more practical note, that doesn't mean you have to sit around waiting for Prince Charming to come along. If you really like someone, there's no harm in asking them for out for a drink or coffee. If you're not feeling so bold, try lowering your defenses a little, make eye contact, flash them a smile, talk to them about things they enjoy, etc eventually, they'll make the move.

My perspective is perhaps a little different to most of the folks on here as I'm 25 and married. :smile:

Best of luck.

SS

Thank you so much! im just going to concentrate on my life goals now but be open for anything, I just find it so funny that people think my hotline blings everynight but thats not the case clearly hahahha
Reply 8
Now I know I shouldn't be letting this take over my thoughts however i've been thinking about this for awhile. I am 19 and have been single my whole life am i weird? guys always stare at me and ive sometimes gotten free food , discounts from things, doors opened etc . Whats even more crazy is that ive gotten two proposals. I get over hundreds of likes and comments on my instagram posts yet no man has had the confidence to approach me in a friendly manner.

Now in the pass i have put myself out there but i got it thrown back in my face so i gave up. People always assume i am taken but im not`literally i have no boys numbers in my phone saved. no kidding, the other day i got told by some random guy at the bus stop to put boys last and focus on my education. But I think i am running away from it incase i get hurt bc my mother got divorced 5 times sadly. people who i have trusted in the past have thrown me under the bus, i've lost so many friendships in the past which has made me scared to open up and trust people , im scared to open up and love someone :frown:

Don't worry my friend, I know how you feel. :frown:
OMG! I'm 19, hot and single, small world!
You talk about being single as if it's a bad thing.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
This line of inquiry needs exploring... for... for science.

The lengths we students go to in the name of 'research' eh.
Original post by Joel 96
You talk about being single as if it's a bad thing.

its not i enjoy my independence!! but tbh im sexually deprived lol.
Reply 13

You could just be really ugly with really high self esteem :u:

I'm here for you :colonhash:
To the OP: There could be lots of reasons why you're single. Nobody here really knows you or knows what kind of vibes you put out.

That said, I knew this girl who was funny, sweet and gorgeous and she ended up being alone for a very long time. For the life of me, I never understood - She put herself out there and was available and certainly nice as well as being gorgeous, but men were intimidated by her. My suspicion is that a lot of men are afraid of trying for someone they think is flawless.

As it turns out, she was flawed just like any other person - Her flaws simply weren't open and obvious.

Don't be too worried about it. At the age of 19, very few boys have the self-esteem necessary to really risk being hurt. Some never do grow up, but those aren't the boys you'd want, anyway. :wink:
Same :frown: apart from I'm not single.

Spoiler

you're not funny. If you're not gonna give proper advise then i suggest you leave the thread thanks! bye kuddos

Maybe guys are put off by your complete absence of humour?
Reply 17
you're not funny. If you're not gonna give proper advise then i suggest you leave the thread thanks! bye kuddos

I know right. It isn't 'advise' in the context you've put it, albeit I'm advising you but in fact it's proper advice. :smile:

I feel hot too a lot, I just use a fan to cool myself down. Also turn down the heating!
Original post by ThatOldGuy
To the OP: There could be lots of reasons why you're single. Nobody here really knows you or knows what kind of vibes you put out.

That said, I knew this girl who was funny, sweet and gorgeous and she ended up being alone for a very long time. For the life of me, I never understood - She put herself out there and was available and certainly nice as well as being gorgeous, but men were intimidated by her. My suspicion is that a lot of men are afraid of trying for someone they think is flawless.

As it turns out, she was flawed just like any other person - Her flaws simply weren't open and obvious.

Don't be too worried about it. At the age of 19, very few boys have the self-esteem necessary to really risk being hurt. Some never do grow up, but those aren't the boys you'd want, anyway. :wink:

Totally, & she could be completely delusional & full of herself too, y'know, it's a possibility. It could be anything.

Ah yeah, it's one of those "too good to be true" moments where you think she could actually be a serial killer.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19

:hugs:

In my experience beautiful people are scary to start a conversation with, and then once you get to know them you realise they're horrible anyway. It's put me off of making the move on "hot" people for sure. Maybe other guys are the same.

However you do seem rather sweet and I wouldn't mind being your friend

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending