The Student Room Group

AS Level mock results-what are yours?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CoolCavy
aww thank you sweetheart :colondollar: xx
well hopefully because i get the exam task next week :afraid: x
how are you finding AS honey? :smile: x

Good luck for your exam :h:
I am finding it a bit of a leap vis a vis work load but I don't think that they're any harder. In fact I prefer A-level history because it has more focus on long essays. You? x
Original post by drriversong
Completely agree! I do miss Russel T Davies though

aw i miss him
Original post by asinghj
Well, thx, but I regret choosing biology, i think it was better if i had chosen something else, like geography

Or history :wink: Loads of people have dropped out of biology in my year so I definitely see where you're coming from :u:
Good luck for your exam :h:
I am finding it a bit of a leap vis a vis work load but I don't think that they're any harder. In fact I prefer A-level history because it has more focus on long essays. You? x

yeah it is more work but like you say they aren't necessarily harder :smile: aw awesome :five: yeah like there are no 4, 6 and 10 markers anymore :smile:
good, art is a bit frustrating atm cos i really want to know what the topics are gonna be on but not long left now xxx
Or history :wink: Loads of people have dropped out of biology in my year so I definitely see where you're coming from :u:

:laugh: no. I hate learning about dead people... Surprisingly, im the only person from my biology class that hates it... and how were your grades?
a)what did you get?
ABBC

b)are you disappointed?
No, I'm on track to achieve the grades I want in the summer.

c)what subjects do you take?
French, English Literature, Law and Business Studies

d)what grades do you want by summer?
AABB (minimum - aiming for AAAA)
Congratulations :h: I am questioning your avatar though...

Cheers :smile:
Everyone questions my avatar ........ ( Yes Its George Osborne :wink:
Most people should have had their mocks back by now. So introduce yourself!:h:
a)what did you get?
b)are you disappointed?

CCC Distinction
Yes
Lit, Politics, History, and Btec Applied Law
Anything less than A's and a Distinction* is unacceptable. I'm pulling my head out of my arse this year.
Original post by hazzer1998

May God have mercy on your soul:h:
Original post by Abstract_Prism
CCC Distinction
Yes
Lit, Politics, History, and Btec Applied Law
Anything less than A's and a Distinction* is unacceptable. I'm pulling my head out of my arse this year.

I'm loving your resilience and determination. Good luck with it all-you still have months to work your arse off :h:
Original post by CoolCavy
yeah it is more work but like you say they aren't necessarily harder :smile: aw awesome :five: yeah like there are no 4, 6 and 10 markers anymore :smile:
good, art is a bit frustrating atm cos i really want to know what the topics are gonna be on but not long left now xxx

Exactly! Do you know what you want to do when this is all over? xxx :colondollar:
Original post by asinghj
:laugh: no. I hate learning about dead people... Surprisingly, im the only person from my biology class that hates it... and how were your grades?

But the future is just history repeated-well some would argue that. AAAB- but I am dropping psychology at A2 as we just don't click
Original post by CatusStarbright
a)what did you get?
ABBC

b)are you disappointed?
No, I'm on track to achieve the grades I want in the summer.

French, English Literature, Law and Business Studies

AABB (minimum - aiming for AAAA)

Congratulations :congrats: I take my hat off to anyone who can get an A in a language
May God have mercy on your soul:h:

I get the feeling alot of people dislike George Osborne ........ :wink:
Maybe my political alliance is to obvious ....
I get the feeling alot of people dislike George Osborne ........ :wink:
Maybe my political alliance is to obvious ....

You might be right there:wink:
I am so glad I found someone who does it too! How are you finding it? :tongue:

I'm finding it interesting but the essays take so long!! You?

Would I be able to message you the essay I'm writing currently (once it's finished), to see if what I'm writing is any good? :biggrin:
Wow you people acc did well in your mocks looool I flopped mine!
a)what did you get?
BDEE in Eng lit, History, RS and Politics in that order
b)are you disappointed?
Loll not really because I didn't revise so I got what I deserved. It's a wake up call really.
See above
Well, I really want an A in English Lit because it's my thing and I'm considering it for uni, and Politics since it's one of the easier (not easy, easier) A Levels to get an A in. I would like an A in RS because I like it, but a B would be fine. History I want at least a B. So AAAA-AABB
Reply 117

I am sure you are a good guy but George Osborne is a bit of an obnoxious politician ... You may be liked more with a more neutral avatar
I'm actually in my mock week now (two done, two to go). I guess my school is slightly slow.

Anyways, don't you guys think the "jump" from GCSEs to AS we always hear is slightly exaggerated? Maybe it's just me.

Spoiler

1)A*BBU
2) Yh the U ruins everything
3) In order of the grades. Psychology, Economics, Maths, Physics
4) AAAA
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest