The Student Room Group

Giving up-A-levels?

Should I just give up and stop trying as I have to sit my a-levels in 4 months and I have just been continuously failing, I am not applying for anything as I did pretty rubbish in y12 mocks...?
Reply 1
This is completely up to you. If you want to see it through then it can still be possible to really crack down and study enough to pass. However, I know lots of people who were in a similar situation and just didn’t get on with A-Levels, and didn’t want to go to uni anyway. They’ve gone on to do apprenticeships/college courses and are way happier! There are many other options besides doing A-Levels/uni.
Reply 2
Original post by Belle H
This is completely up to you. If you want to see it through then it can still be possible to really crack down and study enough to pass. However, I know lots of people who were in a similar situation and just didn’t get on with A-Levels, and didn’t want to go to uni anyway. They’ve gone on to do apprenticeships/college courses and are way happier! There are many other options besides doing A-Levels/uni.

but for degree level apprenticeships you need your a-levels...also I feel like my results would haunt me...
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
Should I just give up and stop trying as I have to sit my a-levels in 4 months and I have just been continuously failing, I am not applying for anything as I did pretty rubbish in y12 mocks...?

Your too cooked, Just give up and do trapping.

That can be decided for yourself only, if you see a sense in A levels and the exams or not. If I were you, I would try to bring it to an end nonetheless, all the more, if you don't know what you can do after a drop.

@1582 moving to A levels forum?
Reply 5

i would suggest continuing to work at it. regardless of where you are now there is still a huge amount of time to improve yourself via past paper questions / exam practice and looking for more sources of revision.
Reply 6
Hii, I know how challenging it is doing A-Levels (I did mine last year) but it is so worth it in the end. Right now, it feels like A-Levels are your everything, they aren’t, if you don’t get the grades you wanted, that’s okay. At the end of the day you did A-Levels, that’s very good on any CV. Please don’t give up, you’re at the final stretch!
Reply 7
Original post by Yashu05
i would suggest continuing to work at it. regardless of where you are now there is still a huge amount of time to improve yourself via past paper questions / exam practice and looking for more sources of revision.

Thank you, I appreciate your help
Reply 8
Original post by Ypoph
Hii, I know how challenging it is doing A-Levels (I did mine last year) but it is so worth it in the end. Right now, it feels like A-Levels are your everything, they aren’t, if you don’t get the grades you wanted, that’s okay. At the end of the day you did A-Levels, that’s very good on any CV. Please don’t give up, you’re at the final stretch!

Thanks and ur right, I just have to push through and do them, and after results Ill tackle what I have to do :smile:
Im sure u understand though how demoralising bad results, mocks can be

Quick Reply

Latest