The Student Room Group

Noticed Cheating Opportunity

Before anyone jumps the gun I HAVE NOT CHEATED NOR WILL I CHEAT.

I have speical arrangements for my exams and am allowed, like many, to use MS Word on a computer. I also have a room to myself with 1 adjudicator.
Firtly, During all of my exams I noticed that the computer was connected to the internet. Secondly, The adjudicator was sitting on the other side of the monitor and at no point was my computer. Thirdly, my ID wasn't checked. Whats to stop me from cheating? Should I flag this loophole up? Surely they would've thought about this?

My only concern is that if I do flag it up my exam setting will become much more formal. That kind of a setting stresses me which is why I have these arrangements in the first place. What do you think? Would they get found out some other way? Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Ask them to disconnect the internet.
Reply 2
Original post by Nununu
Ask them to disconnect the internet.

The thing is, to access word we have to log into the Uni's system, which also gives us access to the net and the stupid thing is 2 out of 5 of the exams are over the net!!
Reply 3
Anyone else??
Reply 4
Original post by Purplelady
Anyone else??

:no:
Original post by Purplelady
Anyone else??

How much longer will it take for you to complete your exams? If you're worried about them changing the format then you could just tell them after you've done everything? At the end of the day, even though I'd advise telling them, you're not really obligated to do so, they are meant to be on the look out for these issues and as long as you're not cheating there's no problem :smile:
I would only report it if you could do it anonymously.
Reply 7
There's probably a computer log that they check at the end to make sure all you used was Word. I know at my uni they used to check if you went onto our moodle pages if you went out of an exam to the toilet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending