The Student Room Group

Hate doing As levels want to quit ?

i hate doing my As levels . I find the work hard and i don't want to do it any more . My grades are terrible i'm not going to pass the year and i have already re done one year in primary school . I don't want to go back two years . What should i do ?
Reply 1
Original post by lydiam2
i hate doing my As levels . I find the work hard and i don't want to do it any more . My grades are terrible i'm not going to pass the year and i have already re done one year in primary school . I don't want to go back two years . What should i do ?

You should quit. It's obviously a step too far academically for you. Get a job.
Reply 2
Maybe take the route of more hands on apprenticeships? What do you want to do after A levels? And career wise?
Reply 3
Original post by z33
Maybe take the route of more hands on apprenticeships? What do you want to do after A levels? And career wise?

well i'm useless at everything anyway . Can't do building or beauty .... So , i'm screwed . I would have liked to join the police or be a primary school teacher .
Reply 4
Original post by lydiam2
well i'm useless at everything anyway .

See you do have a skill. That one is quite hard to pull off.
What grades did you get?
Reply 6
Original post by lydiam2
well i'm useless at everything anyway . Can't do building or beauty .... So , i'm screwed . I would have liked to join the police or be a primary school teacher .

Why not? There's apprenticeships for both of those and maybe you'll find you're good at them!
Joining the police is quite competitive too but you could do voluntary work first and get some experience with them, or become a cadet or something and work your way up? I don't know the way into those professions properly - maybe research alternative ways into them?

You can do BTEC Health and Social Care level 3 or some other BTECs (there's ones in mechanical engineering, in everything) but my friend is doing it and she's got offers to study Education at university with aims of becoming a primary school teacher too :smile:

I know another girl doing a BTEC in her class who's got an offer from Surrey and is gonna go do Law there... like A-levels aren't everything :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by Rhythmical
What grades did you get?

For A levels or GCSE'S
GCSE'S =
A* = histroy , rs
B = geography , english language
C = english literature , science , maths
Original post by lig1729
See you do have a skill. That one is quite hard to pull off.

Savage

Original post by lydiam2

Anyone can be a primary school teacher doesn't require much academics. Just try and pass haha.
Original post by lydiam2
For A levels or GCSE'S
GCSE'S =
A* = histroy , rs
B = geography , english language
C = english literature , science , maths

Please don't feel like you're grades are terrible, everyone's AS year goes differently. I'm in my AS year and find it tough but if it is not what you want then leave. If it is what you want but your struggling, talk to a teacher or work out a way to revise and understand your subjects. Have you done your AS mocks? I'm sure they weren't that bad.
what did u get at alevels/ mocks?
Original post by lydiam2

NO I SAY NO YOUNG MAN! DO NOT STOP!

RULE 5 OF THE HERO CLUB:
You will likely succeed if you try!

Just remember that and put in the effort its not going to happen overnight i know how you feel :smile: dont worry you can do this!
Reply 12
Original post by Candy55
what did u get at alevels/ mocks?

D x 2 e x2
Original post by lydiam2
D x 2 e x2

What subjects?
Original post by lydiam2
D x 2 e x2

I got two Ds, and it's totally normal. Don't read up threads about everyone getting A*s on here for mocks, you can't even achieve that for AS. What subjects are you taking? Don't give up.
Reply 15
Original post by Rhythmical
I got two Ds, and it's totally normal. Don't read up threads about everyone getting A*s on here for mocks, you can't even achieve that for AS. What subjects are you taking? Don't give up.

History , rs , gov pol , psychology
Reply 16
You've come through all this way and went through approximately 13 - 14 years of education for you to want to quit now?? comee onnnn!! With hardship in anything if you work your butt off there will be ease in the end. Let your mock results motivate you into putting everything that you have into the next coupla months. A levels are the hardest two years you will face so dont be afraid to fall back at times but instead pick ur self up and keep running. You can do it fam i believe in you
Original post by lydiam2

Respected subjects and also hard, it's understandable. If you want a chat, I'm happy to talk.
Original post by lydiam2

Don't let your mock grades get you down. I've known many people who got E's and U's in their mocks and used the disappointment to realize they'd have to work much harder than they expected and ended up with some pretty amazing grades. I'd suggest you give it your all this year and use this setback as motivation to work hard for the real exams, but if you honestly don't think A level is for you then look at alternatives such as BTECs and apprenticeships.
Reply 19
Original post by lydiam2

I am sorry to hear that ... subjects?

Quick Reply

Latest