The Student Room Group

A2 Media Studies - Yr 13

Hi, just thought I would start a new thread for A2 Media Studies.

Any tips and good websites would be great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What exam board are you on? I just got done with the OCR course so could suggest a couple of websites :smile:
Reply 2
Hi. I'm doing WJEC but I'm sure your websites will have some useful tips

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Any tips on AS and how had i would need to work to get a C overall? It's 50% course work and 50% exam
Reply 4
Hi there I've been having some difficulty with the hypothesis with my investigation of the music video. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by alexp98
Any tips on AS and how had i would need to work to get a C overall? It's 50% course work and 50% exam

Try and do a really good production coursework to maximise your marks and can still get a C if the exam paper doesn't go well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by DMaster1
Try and do a really good production coursework to maximise your marks and can still get a C if the exam paper doesn't go well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Zoelingua
What exam board are you on? I just got done with the OCR course so could suggest a couple of websites :smile:

Hello! I started A2 media a few weeks ago and my teacher said that OCR were a bit more harsh this year when it came to marking coursework. Do the markings get a lot stricter at A2?
Hi there I've been having some difficulty with the hypothesis with my investigation of the music video. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What music video’s/genre do you plan to look at? I’m doing the same investigation :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by jojo10834
What music video’s/genre do you plan to look at? I’m doing the same investigation :smile:

I'm looking at indie rock. Stuck on what I should do for my hypothesis. What are you looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi can you guys fill out my survey . Thank you
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WFF5KJV
Does anyone else hate the research and planning of the production I just want to get on a film. This year for A2 we are filming a soap opera trailer and already my group is having some cracks starting to wonder whether I should have worked on my own
Original post by alexp98

Hi I've just moved on A2 and got a C for my AS grade, to get a C in the exam you need to add as much media terminology as you can (literally everywhere). You also need to be prepared to get any topic for your text (I got gaming and was really shocked because we'd never studied a gaming text before).
For the coursework, the research is really important! I didn't realise this but come the end of the year I was panicking to write paragraphs about each piece of research because no one told me how important it was! Do it step by step and ask your teacher for feedback after each piece of work. And again, use LOADS of media terminology!
GOOD LUCK :smile:
Original post by forumstalker
Hi I've just moved on A2 and got a C for my AS grade, to get a C in the exam you need to add as much media terminology as you can (literally everywhere). You also need to be prepared to get any topic for your text (I got gaming and was really shocked because we'd never studied a gaming text before).
For the coursework, the research is really important! I didn't realise this but come the end of the year I was panicking to write paragraphs about each piece of research because no one told me how important it was! Do it step by step and ask your teacher for feedback after each piece of work. And again, use LOADS of media terminology!
GOOD LUCK :smile:

Hi, thanks a lot. Any good media terms that you think is good to use and learn ready for exams? Also is there a set structure you have to use to write in exams like what to include in each para?

Thanks any help will be appreciated :smile:
Reply 14
Hi all, just wanted to check in and see what media texts others are studying. So far at mine we have only focuses on one and I'm getting worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all, just wanted to check in and see what media texts others are studying. So far at mine we have only focuses on one and I'm getting worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! We are doing wjec and so far only studied 2 texts (we are meant to do 9) and im really panicking. On top of that im re-sitting AS
Reply 16
Original post by charlottelucy19
Hi! We are doing wjec and so far only studied 2 texts (we are meant to do 9) and im really panicking. On top of that im re-sitting AS

I am panicking too. We have only done one text. Good luck with AS too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending