The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Stoke are getting dismantled by Everton. As many said at the time, last game seemed as much about Stoke being poor as anything else. It going to be a big game tomorrow for our top 4 hopes. Any hope of Leicester implosion is forlorn, and with the gap they have they could mirror near relegation form and probably still finish above us. Obviously its never cut and dry at this stage but tomorrow does seems a bit of a must win, 4 points or less away from top 4 seems. Can't really afford the gap to be widening at this stage.

Don't think we'll do it come end of the season tbh. I thought we had enough over Everton and Liverpool considering when they sacked Rodgers. But with Spurs in this form even with Chelsea swapping with Leicester it probably going to be a bridge too far. Dec killed it for us.
Original post by Fizzel
Stoke are getting dismantled by Everton. As many said at the time, last game seemed as much about Stoke being poor as anything else. It going to be a big game tomorrow for our top 4 hopes. Any hope of Leicester implosion is forlorn, and with the gap they have they could mirror near relegation form and probably still finish above us. Obviously its never cut and dry at this stage but tomorrow does seems a bit of a must win, 4 points or less away from top 4 seems. Can't really afford the gap to be widening at this stage.

Don't think we'll do it come end of the season tbh. I thought we had enough over Everton and Liverpool considering when they sacked Rodgers. But with Spurs in this form even with Chelsea swapping with Leicester it probably going to be a bridge too far. Dec killed it for us.

Chelsea beat you and we're 8 points behind with 14 games to go. That's probably quite worrying for you lot. Top 4 is as it is now in whatever order, 5th to 7th not so sure. Liverpool/Everton/United/Chelsea/West Ham/Soton/Watford all realistically have hopes of making the europa league.
Original post by jam277
Chelsea beat you and we're 8 points behind with 14 games to go. That's probably quite worrying for you lot. Top 4 is as it is now in whatever order, 5th to 7th not so sure. Liverpool/Everton/United/Chelsea/West Ham/Soton/Watford all realistically have hopes of making the europa league.
Possibly but I don't think we're in trouble of that right now. I just don't feel we have enough to overhaul the point gap to the teams above us, our form is not that good compared to their but its not that bad either. The teams below us aren't replicating the form of the teams above us crucially.
Ah, Liverpool. Never cease to make me laugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We have to beat Chelsea to stay in the race for 4th. Amazing how its February and the top 2 are Leicester City and Tottenham. I cant see any of those two dropping out the top 4, they seem unbeatable atm. City are so inconsistent and Arsenal have hit a rough patch so essentially we're relying on one of those to slip up and for us to replace them. Its looking like an impossible task :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dirtybit
If you asked people if they could pick one player to be in their team in the summer for free, Mahrez would not be the most common choice.

Anyone who doesn't say Aguero is lying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly
I would pick Deli Ali/Aguero/Ozil :biggrin:

Edit: Maybe Kane too actually! Too many good choices!

(edited 8 years ago)
No you wouldn't pick Ali.

Why u lying for.
LVG's record against big teams is good tbf so I'm confident we can pick up a good result tomorrow, plus the feel good factor from six goals in the past two games.

Also, caught highlights of Wednesday and I'll say Martial's finish was better than Vardy's. Latter's was a good technique but tbh, any striker of good quality I would expect to attempt that, whether they score or not is a different matter but Martial had many things to think about as the ball was static in front of him and he finished wonderfully.
Di Marzio says that Utd are targeting Mourinho as well as Atletico Madrids DOF, Andrea Berta; https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/696106691318906881
Safe Jeff
hopefully we are motivated for today, I might even watch some of it. (mainly watching the rugger though :tongue:)

be kind of ironic though if losing to Chelsea is the result that seals Van Gaal's fate and Mourinho's appointment.
Original post by sr90
Anyone who doesn't say Aguero is lying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Neymar for me, don't care what it costs, he's going to be the best player in the world over the next decade or so imho.
Original post by WalkingAbortion
Neymar for me, don't care what it costs, he's going to be the best player in the world over the next decade or so imho.

Didn't make it too clear but I meant a player in the PL

Also, if it was any player in the world, it would have to be Messi for me. Sure, Neymar is four and a half years younger than Messi but I'd bite anyone's hand off to have the greatest player of all time at Utd.
Reply 3936

But mané has more pace
I would take Mahrez. The boy is magic.
I'd take Mahrez or Aguero. Although I'd edge for Aguero atm.
(edited 8 years ago)
RB is our weak point so I'd take Danny Simpson

Latest