The Student Room Group

Why do women complain about their periods?

Scroll to see replies

I would design a pill that stops women from getting periods
Original post by Blue_Mason
I doubt it is comparable feeling as you have not experienced such a feeling of being kicked in the balls

... And you have clearly never experienced what it is like to have a period.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by AmazingArry
It supposed to be every 28 days, not the same day every month. Eventually it might seem that they're inconsistent but because of the fact only February 28 days; days will offset. Your period will never be on the same date every month for anyone. Just count 28 days from the first day of your period. Sometimes your cycle might be shorter or longer than other women e.g mine is 26 days, just try to pick out patterns in your period because everyone is different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't quite work out as neatly as that for a lot of women. Variable cycles are a common thing.

Period tracker apps are a useful thing for anyone interested. There is one called Clue. It cannot predict my cycle but it can alert me to the days I need to be extra cautious about contraception. The pill and injection did not agree with me so I have had to do without those methods of birth control.
Have a bad one and then come back and question our judgment
Original post by Age Quod Agis
Your heterophobia astounds me. How dare you suggest I date a man just because I "empathise with (them) the most"!!!

Spoiler

ahhhh okay, sorry for going full out rage, maybe add like a smiley face next time to make your statements more obviously jokey for those (me) who are not so good in the art of detecting sarcasm/whatever kind of humour you were going for ;-)
Reply 85

The Depo Provera injection already has this side effect for many women. Except the other side effects include crazy mood swings, increased migraine, weight gain and heightened risk of deep vein thrombosis.

I stopped having it when I realised that I was probably capable of killing someone over a slight driving violation or because I didn't appreciate their tone of voice.

It would be so amazing , I count on you :lol: :lol:
Original post by lana banana
ahhhh okay, sorry for going full out rage, maybe add like a smiley face next time to make your statements more obviously jokey for those (me) who are not so good in the art of detecting sarcasm/whatever kind of humour you were going for ;-)

I was trolling, so puttins a smiley would give it away lol! Sorry.

maybe just one that reduces the side effects and not a pill that would render us infertile or what have you- but yeah i'd buy one if you can do that successfully, go on dragons den for definite
It supposed to be every 28 days, not the same day every month. Eventually it might seem that they're inconsistent but because of the fact only February 28 days; days will offset. Your period will never be on the same date every month for anyone. Just count 28 days from the first day of your period. Sometimes your cycle might be shorter or longer than other women e.g mine is 26 days, just try to pick out patterns in your period because everyone is different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you count 28 days whilst on your period or after it's finished ? Do you know of any good period tracking apps?
Original post by kandykissesxox
So you count 28 days whilst on your period or after it's finished ? Do you know of any good period tracking apps?

I think you start counting from when you start your period?

Yes yo do, the cycle started by convention the first day of your period

Would that really be apart of the 28 days though?:3
Original post by CCC75
It doesn't quite work out as neatly as that for a lot of women. Variable cycles are a common thing.

Period tracker apps are a useful thing for anyone interested. There is one called Clue. It cannot predict my cycle but it can alert me to the days I need to be extra cautious about contraception. The pill and injection did not agree with me so I have had to do without those methods of birth control.

It can be from 23-29 days for anyone so it should fall on one of those days of your cycle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
It can be from 23-29 days for anyone so it should fall on one of those days of your cycle

Posted from TSR Mobile

24-35 days, but a woman can have fluctuating cycle lengths. I experience this and always have done. Hence the unpredictably of my periods. Linen trousers in the summer are a huge gamble for me. I recently got caught out in a jumpsuit and had to make a swift exit home from a funeral reception.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/periods-irregular/pages/introduction.aspx

Posted from TSR Mobile

It will be 29 days this year :tongue: Can't wait for Rio!
10/10 troll
I love the fact that OP was basically saying "EW I DONT WANNA HEAR ABOUT PERIODS STOP TALKING ABOUT PERIODS ITS GROSS" so the incredible women of TSR have posted 5 pages of period stories, backfired a bit hahah
Reply 99
Original post by savingwonderland
I love the fact that OP was basically saying "EW I DONT WANNA HEAR ABOUT PERIODS STOP TALKING ABOUT PERIODS ITS GROSS" so the incredible women of TSR have posted 5 pages of period stories, backfired a bit hahah

I know, right 😁

And when OP said,

Original post by davidguettafan
I see

I thought, awww bless him! 😄

Quick Reply

Latest