The Student Room Group

Calling all Londoners

Scroll to see replies

Way too multicultural and crowded for me.
Original post by al_94
I live in South London it's cool over here no problems in my local community but it's not really the best place if you want to make money

Especially since you'll lose 2450% of your money to housing:
Original post by Josb
Yeah, but I didn't want to commute. I lived in Paris and it was draining me.

It depends by what you mean by commute. I'm not suggesting you live in the outskirts of London. But if your flat is in zone 2 or 3 and your work in zone 1, that's hardly a long commute and hardly draining.

If you must live in walking distance from your job, then you'll likely need to pick a job that is not in zone 1, or to get a better paid job. But anyway, it does not sound that you are genuinely looking for information about London, but more like you are trying to make a point. So maybe Yorkshire is a better option for what you want anyway.
Original post by LaughingBro
Wot do u mean 'proper Chinese' ?! R u being RACIST ?!
Wot's wrong wid an East Asian speaking fluent English?! wud u bat an eyelid at an ethnic African or South Asian who can speak fluent English in London?! There! Why are u so racist?! Y do u assume all East Asians are Chinese!? Haven't u heard of other East Asian ethnicities apart from Chinese, such as Korean, Vietnamese...etc?! Do u also assume all ethnic Africans are Nigerians and all South Asians are Indians?! :angry: U need to stop being so RACIST n narrow-minded!

Reply 164
Original post by Yellow 03
It depends by what you mean by commute. I'm not suggesting you live in the outskirts of London. But if your flat is in zone 2 or 3 and your work in zone 1, that's hardly a long commute and hardly draining.

If you must live in walking distance from your job, then you'll likely need to pick a job that is not in zone 1, or to get a better paid job. But anyway, it does not sound that you are genuinely looking for information about London, but more like you are trying to make a point. So maybe Yorkshire is a better option for what you want anyway.

I realised that it's impossible to have a flat in zone 1 and that I would have to commute, but still, my sister has a self-containing flat in the centre of Paris and pays £500 of rent (£400 with student benefits). I don't get why Londoners aren't louder against the high rents.
Original post by meenu89
Way too multicultural and crowded for me.

Too multicultural?

Lol, why are you even bothering to pretend - just say you hate ethnic minorities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sleepysnooze

^hey look guys - it's london...how marvellous.

How old are you - 75?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess London is pretty and there's lots to do!

Yeah that..

Can't really think of much else... I really hate the tube!
Original post by Diabolus
How old are you - 75?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 22.
I want to go back to London :cry:
Original post by jarjarbinkss
transport is fab, you can get anywhere in london you want.

Or you could live somewhere where cruising around in your car is normal...
Original post by Diabolus
Too multicultural?

Lol, why are you even bothering to pretend - just say you hate ethnic minorities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What makes you think that person is white?
Original post by AntiBabylonista
Or you could live somewhere where cruising around in your car is normal...

but cars are really expensive these days, and also the tube is really quick
Original post by jarjarbinkss
but cars are really expensive these days, and also the tube is really quick

If you can't afford a car, you can't afford to live in London

#RealTalk
Original post by AntiBabylonista
What makes you think that person is white?

She's Asian
I love how busy it always is and it is just so different and so multi cultural that there is always something new to try
Original post by queen-bee
Rush hour on the tube in London is the only thing I hate but I take taxis everywhere so doesn't effect me anymore

rich bugger
Original post by HucktheForde
rich bugger

Taking taxis to places isn't really a big deal. Lots of people do it now with services like uber
Original post by Lawliettt
Can we all agree that north London is best and south London is worst?

It's more like

North London = Fashionable intellectuals

West London = Posh people

South London = Dirty and rough

East London = Dirty and rough

but in reality it's all **** anyway
Original post by LaughingBro
Wot do u mean 'proper Chinese' ?! R u being RACIST ?!
Wot's wrong wid an East Asian speaking fluent English?! wud u bat an eyelid at an ethnic African or South Asian who can speak fluent English in London?! There! Why are u so racist?! Y do u assume all East Asians are Chinese!? Haven't u heard of other East Asian ethnicities apart from Chinese, such as Korean, Vietnamese...etc?! Do u also assume all ethnic Africans are Nigerians and all South Asians are Indians?! :angry: U need to stop being so RACIST n narrow-minded!

happy lunar new year bro

Quick Reply

Latest