Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bloom77
Date: THURSDAY 3 MARCH 2016
Registration and Briefing (compulsory): 1130 hrs
Interview: 1230 hrs
Group Task: 1145 hrs

Posted from TSR Mobile

similar timings so I guess I'll see you there!
Original post by Neostigmine
The interviews:

Go to the big bus stop. Head south towards the pond with the ducks and turn right before building 34 (Arlott Bar). Follow round the back of the building and you'll find stairs. Go up them.

Give your name to the people on the desk. They'll sort out your ID and you'll be given a sticker with your name and group on it.

Waiting:
You'll join a table of students and applicants and chat. About the course and then eventually about Netflix when everyone runs out of questions.

Sorting:
You'll get sorted into your groups 10 minutes before the interview starts, and sit outside the interview room as a group. The group is the students you will have your group interview with, and who will have their panel at the same time. Once sat outside the interview room you'll be told what will happen in the interview.

Interview:
Self explanatory!

In between:
You'll come out and while waiting for the next one you'll be moved to outside the next interview room. You can get refreshments which are provided and chat as a group.

Interview 2:
Whichever interview you have second!

Finish:
You're free to leave and wander round campus.

By 2 interviews do you mean one interview is the panel and you and the other one being the group one or do we get two
Reply 842
Registration and Briefing (compulsory): 1425 hrs
Interview: 1440 hrs
Group Task: 1515 hrs

Anyone else?
Original post by Ah10
Registration and Briefing (compulsory): 1425 hrs
Interview: 1440 hrs
Group Task: 1515 hrs

Anyone else?

Me! :smile:
Neostigmine
Once you've completed year 0, do we move onto year 1 with the A100 group?
Thank youu

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Neostigmine
The interviews:

Go to the big bus stop. Head south towards the pond with the ducks and turn right before building 34 (Arlott Bar). Follow round the back of the building and you'll find stairs. Go up them.

Give your name to the people on the desk. They'll sort out your ID and you'll be given a sticker with your name and group on it.

Waiting:
You'll join a table of students and applicants and chat. About the course and then eventually about Netflix when everyone runs out of questions.

Sorting:
You'll get sorted into your groups 10 minutes before the interview starts, and sit outside the interview room as a group. The group is the students you will have your group interview with, and who will have their panel at the same time. Once sat outside the interview room you'll be told what will happen in the interview.

Interview:
Self explanatory!

In between:
You'll come out and while waiting for the next one you'll be moved to outside the next interview room. You can get refreshments which are provided and chat as a group.

Interview 2:
Whichever interview you have second!

Finish:
You're free to leave and wander round campus.

Sorry to bother you can you explain whether both interviews group style or is one of them is group based I'm quite confused at the moment
Original post by mygroup
Sorry to bother you can you explain whether both interviews group style or is one of them is group based I'm quite confused at the moment

One is group
One is individual, but everyone from your group task will have their individual interview at the same time as you.
Hey guys, i know this is irrelevant to how you got your interviews, but what were all your stats please??? :smile:
Neostigmine, the ones that didnt receive a rekection or interview yet, are they on the waiting list or something? I know it's very unlikely to get anything, but i am just curious. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lenamedic
Hey guys, i know this is irrelevant to how you got your interviews, but what were all your stats please??? :smile:

Ukcat: 660
Alevel Pred: A*A*A. Achieved ABB last year
GCSEs: 2A* 6A 4B

I applied last year and was rejected for bm6 pre interview!

What are yours and where else ave your applied?
Reply 850
Original post by paradoxicalmorph
Hi guys,

Congrats to all that have received interviews, well done!

To those that haven't, unfortunately all 120 interviews have been sent out, I rang admissions and confirmed this moments ago.

Hmm seems like a troll to me...random name and only has ever posted one post on tsr according to his stats. He's obviously scaremongering even when two other people on tsr have said that they called the admissions team and they have said that they are still handing out interviews. I'm sure the next batch with come on monday! Stay positive everyone! 😋
Original post by Kevi14
Hmm seems like a troll to me...random name and only has ever posted one post on tsr according to his stats. He's obviously scaremongering even when two other people on tsr have said that they called the admissions team and they have said that they are still handing out interviews. I'm sure the next batch with come on monday! Stay positive everyone! 😋

I hope you are right :biggrin: eventhough i have little hope :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 852
Original post by lisboonpop
I just rung admissions in light of that information and they said interviews still to be given out. So idk where that info came from? so confused rn

I'm sure he was a troll. Check his stats lol. And what exactly did the admissions team say? I'm sure everyone on here is eager to hear the truth. Thanks
I know some people have had rejection emails but not everyone so surely that must mean that there are outstanding interview to go out for some of the rest
Original post by SarahCroydon
I know some people have had rejection emails but not everyone so surely that must mean that there are outstanding interview to go out for some of the rest

Last year, most got rejected after the interviews, even the ones not getting an interview, so maybe its the same this year
But idk, hope its not 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SaphBruh
Last year, most got rejected after the interviews, even the ones not getting an interview, so maybe its the same this year
But idk, hope its not 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think so because people have already been rejected and so why would reject some and then keep others (those who haven't be given an interview yet)
I thought the same thing when I read it so I gave Southampon a ring to confirm this literally an hour after he posted. The very nice admissions lady told me that all interviews have been given out however they give rejections out at a later stage toward the end of the month. Two hours later I got a rejection 😭

Good luck to everyone that is waiting for the interview/ having an interview!

Original post by Kevi14
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Foundationmed
I thought the same thing when I read it so I gave Southampon a ring to confirm this literally an hour after he posted. The very nice admissions lady told me that all interviews have been given out however they give rejections out at a later stage toward the end of the month. Two hours later I got a rejection 😭

Good luck to everyone that is waiting for the interview/ having an interview!

This doesn't even make sense (they said towards end of month and you got rejected same day). It's conflicting information, some people say all interviews have been given out, and others claim to have contacted them and they replied with 'we're still giving out interviews'.

We can only wait to see the outcome of this.
Reply 858
For anyone who's been rejected did they tell you why?
I'm still waiting but I'm losing hope.. will ring them on Monday to confirm.
No when I asked them they would give applicants the reason for the rejection they said it would just be something generic as they cannot give you personal feedback. My advice would be just wait to see what happens and don't over think it. You could be preparing for your interviews/A levels in the mean time.😄
Original post by Cpie21
For anyone who's been rejected did they tell you why?
I'm still waiting but I'm losing hope.. will ring them on Monday to confirm.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending