The Student Room Group

Spliced and diced - perhaps one day, a little shredded!

Scroll to see replies

Came 5th in bench. Close gripped 115kg. Videod it

Gf destroyed the field, 67.5kg bench. Shes 70kg...

Posted from TSR Mobile
FitNotes Workout - Saturday 13th February 2016

** Close Grip Barbell Bench Press **
- 20.0 kgs x 5 reps
- 60.0 kgs x 6 reps
- 70.0 kgs x 5 reps
- 80.0 kgs x 5 reps
- 85.0 kgs x 3 reps
- 90.0 kgs x 3 reps
- 95.0 kgs x 1 rep
- 100.0 kgs x 1 rep
- 105.0 kgs x 1 rep
- 110.0 kgs x 1 rep PB
- 115.0 kgs x 1 rep PB
5/10 pleased. CGBP is now stronger than conventional ever was lolololol

** Deadlift **
- 60.0 kgs x 5 reps
- 100.0 kgs x 5 reps
- 120.0 kgs x 4 reps
- 130.0 kgs x 3 reps
- 140.0 kgs x 2 reps
- 150.0 kgs x 2 reps
- 155.0 kgs x 1 rep
- 160.0 kgs x 1 rep
- 165.0 kgs x 1 rep
- 170.0 kgs x 1 rep
- 175.0 kgs x 1 rep

8/10 lol. As I haven't deadlifted heavy in 2months I didn't want to push it. Wasn't that hard which is good.

Gf won bench. Came second in deadlift; she completely lost her nerve Deadlifting. It wasn't pretty her 107.5 lol. She still smashed the rest of the field though; won by over 10kg
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Very good
Was this judged on wilks or did you both just have a decent amount of people in your weight classes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
Was this judged on wilks or did you both just have a decent amount of people in your weight classes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was a casual meet; just off weight lifted. One of the guys below me was lighter, one a fair bit heavier on the deads.
Bench wise I was lighter than the guys above me.

Gf was same weight as the other competitor and absolutely smashed the other 3 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice, always good to hit some PRs in a meet. Good fight for the 115 bench.
Reply 2228
115 close grip and paused is a nice bench

Your GF hasn't actually been lifting long, has she? pretty impressive to do so well
Original post by BKS
115 close grip and paused is a nice bench

Your GF hasn't actually been lifting long, has she? pretty impressive to do so well

A bit less than 18months. If she holds her nerve, regional records are at risk lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Appeal to reason
Nice, always good to hit some PRs in a meet. Good fight for the 115 bench.

Thanks guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice bench, wasn't too grindy for a PR. I find my CGBP stronger too. :smile: No shoulder problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice thread.

What sort of build are you after btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
very nice benching. your gf benches more or less the same as me at similar bw haha ;_;
Original post by Enginerd.
Nice bench, wasn't too grindy for a PR. I find my CGBP stronger too. :smile: No shoulder problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers bro. My normal width is quite a bit stronger, but it ain't worth the injuries!

Original post by KeyToSuccess
Nice thread.

What sort of build are you after btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brick

Original post by Implication
very nice benching. your gf benches more or less the same as me at similar bw haha ;_;

Need to eat bro. And blog. Blog is anabolic AF
Original post by Angry cucumber
Need to eat bro. And blog. Blog is anabolic AF

i didn't like being fat though haha. and i already have love handles again at like 18% navy bf

i'll probs blog again when i have something interesting to say lol. back is still not perfect and i've just been doing low frequency high rep work so meh
i didn't like being fat though haha. and i already have love handles again at like 18% navy bf

i'll probs blog again when i have something interesting to say lol. back is still not perfect and i've just been doing low frequency high rep work so meh

There's a trap bar at UP just fyi; I scouted it out on Sat :tongue: It's good. The narrower one is better.

You're not 18% bf bro; no way unless you've gone dreamer bulk since the MASS comp
Original post by Angry cucumber
There's a trap bar at UP just fyi; I scouted it out on Sat :tongue: It's good. The narrower one is better.

Narrower as in the smaller one? Do you know how much they both weigh?

You're not 18% bf bro; no way unless you've gone dreamer bulk since the MASS comp

nah i'm like 2kg heavier. i don't really know anything about actual 'absolute' bodyfat, i just use navy to keep track of how much i'm changing. but i have wobbly hips now and need absolutely perfect lighting to see any ab :tongue:
Narrower as in the smaller one? Do you know how much they both weigh?

nah i'm like 2kg heavier. i don't really know anything about actual 'absolute' bodyfat, i just use navy to keep track of how much i'm changing. but i have wobbly hips now and need absolutely perfect lighting to see any ab :tongue:

Yeah the smaller one. Wider one I can't really keep hold of. Smaller one is the same one as over at SB. It's 20kg

Good rep, but who's the beta spotters ffs

@Pimped Butterfly @difeo @swirly Can't you bench like 100 swirly

Quick Reply

Latest