The Student Room Group

Do females find males attractive?

I know how this sounds xD

But do fems like guys due to only being flattered by our interest (males nearly always making first move) or do you genuinely like us?

When it comes to making plans etc when I've had gfs I feel like I have to do all the planning/ideas "because" I'm the man, but it feels like dating a sack of potatoes :frown:

I don't really like approaching girls because I imagine they really wouldn't want the attentions of myself :lol:

Idk, ideas, opinions?
Erm I'm probably not the best person to ask lol, but yes many women find men genuinely attractive :smile: if the girls you're meeting think you should do everything because you're a guy, you need to find different girls imo :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
i swear i've seen this thread before.....:erm:
and no i personally don't but i suppose other girls do and the ones i know seem to genuinely fancy boys yeah :redface:
Reply 3
girls have crushes on guys, thats normal even before a guy isnt making a move, so its not just bc a guy shows interest
If they're attractive yes....
Not many girls are flattered by the interests of an unattractive man....

Sad but true. Soz guys.
I think on average girls actually crush over guys more than guys crush over girls...
or maybe it seems this way because when guys do genuinely like a girl they don't know how to react and just keep it to themselves lol idk

but yes we do find males attractive

personally, I like for the guy to make the moves just cause idk I like him taking control, but when I wanna do things I'd tell him I wouldn't just let him plan everything and I certainly could not just sit through everything he wants to do it would have to be balanced ...

I would hate dating someone who just let me plan everything the way you described (even if I was a guy) it would make me feel like I wasn't getting to know them cause we'd be doing everything on my accord
i do, indeed find guys attractive. but in terms of what i think you're trying to say is for me, it really depends. i once went on a date with a guy and had to organise everything, was actually a little bit annoyed because he put absolutely no effort into planning (and was late anyway. protip: never be late), however with one guy i was really into i was flattered by him say, wiping cake off my nose in a romantic movie way, asking me for a hug, but then i was the one who approached him for an actual date (it had all been flirting up until then), but some girls would wait for the guy. i know plenty of girls who are SO INTO GUYS but REFUSE to make the first move! I say, regardless of gender, if you like someone, make a move.

that being said, on the other end of the spectrum there is this guy who used to be my friend but he's meandered into the 'total creep' area. he wont stop 'casually' asking me to go places, waiting for me, etc, and backpeddling everytime i say no, can't take any hints from me. i am one step away from being a bitch to him.

basically, what my rambling is trying to say is...there is no set answer. you really have to read into a girl's social cues. YES, you probably do flatter her, ask her out, chances are even if she isnt in to you she'll be flattered and at least have a confidence boost.

if you don't like making all the plans, then why not tell whoever you are dating? its healthy to communicate. i actually dont think i answered your question now come to think about it. sorry.
Reply 7
Original post by HealthyBeanSnack
i do, indeed find guys attractive. but in terms of what i think you're trying to say is for me, it really depends. i once went on a date with a guy and had to organise everything, was actually a little bit annoyed because he put absolutely no effort into planning (and was late anyway. protip: never be late), however with one guy i was really into i was flattered by him say, wiping cake off my nose in a romantic movie way, asking me for a hug, but then i was the one who approached him for an actual date (it had all been flirting up until then), but some girls would wait for the guy. i know plenty of girls who are SO INTO GUYS but REFUSE to make the first move! I say, regardless of gender, if you like someone, make a move.

that being said, on the other end of the spectrum there is this guy who used to be my friend but he's meandered into the 'total creep' area. he wont stop 'casually' asking me to go places, waiting for me, etc, and backpeddling everytime i say no, can't take any hints from me. i am one step away from being a bitch to him.

basically, what my rambling is trying to say is...there is no set answer. you really have to read into a girl's social cues. YES, you probably do flatter her, ask her out, chances are even if she isnt in to you she'll be flattered and at least have a confidence boost.

if you don't like making all the plans, then why not tell whoever you are dating? its healthy to communicate. i actually dont think i answered your question now come to think about it. sorry.

No worries, I was after more generic opinions/ideas anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply :smile:

Ngl, I've been known to meander into the "creep" area before :lol: at an age where inexperience and naïvety can be acceptably blamed I hope! Cringeworthy looking back on it, With regards to him be forthright and open, obvs not rude but its unlikely subtle clues work in that situation because he's being a tad delusional (if its anything like I know about :lol:

Yeah I asked her out, and we have spoken about it, but Idk I want a more engaging relationship where we bounce ideas around idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending