The Student Room Group

Am I special or am I normal to him?

This guy used to be just a normal everyday friend of mine, but these few months he has been texting me with sweet sentences. However they are not so sweet and obvious that he is flirting with me.
Since I know that he has lots of friends who are girls, so I thought it is just something normal from him. However one day when we were walking in the countryside and no one was in sight he hugged me and inisist on handing my hand and walk me home which is completely oppsite of his house and requires at least 30 mins walk.
When I asked him has he ever done this to anyone else he said no, I am the only person he has ever did anything from above to.
Then the next day is back to normal random texting again.

I am very confuse in what am I to him, can someone help me??
to be honest, it doesn't sound anything special. my best friend is a guy and we used to do that (he has a girlfriend now) but we knew it was purely platonic. we used to just do it if either of us felt lonely or sad, its comforting having someone there.
Hand holding is a little intimate/romantic in my opinion. I normally wouldn't hold hands while walking with someone who was just my friend because holding hands while walking together implies you're a couple and it just feels a lot more intimate that just having your arms linked in a friendly manner.

I personally wouldn't hold hands with someone unless I really fancied them and we were dating.
If he was insisting on holding your hand to walk you home its probably because he likes you more than a friend.
Reply 3
sounds liek he likes you.
if u are fine with it and have feelings for him and think hes buff, so ahead and flirt back. if not reply to his texts as if u didnt notice the flirty stuff he sent
Reply 4
but whenever I talk or ask anything about girlfriends and going out it is obvious he tries to back off and avoid it.

I am so confuse to the point that there were times i just blankly say to him these actions or words sounded like a couple saying to each other. Sometimes he just jumped back to his normal self as if i have just meet him but other times he just keep on smiling and says whatever...like he is just having fun and playing around...?
Everyone is special!:biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Blondie987
Everyone is special!:biggrin:

Do you mean as an individual as in everyone is special in their own way?
Original post by Mosmps1
Do you mean as an individual as in everyone is special in their own way?

Yes, but in relation to your original question it does seem like he thinks of you more than just a friend :smile:
Reply 8
urgh I just hope that he is one of those obvious types instead, because I have been viewing him as a complete normal good friend of mine since I meet him until that day when he huged me for no reason did I ever start to doubt...just because before he acted as if he is very reluctant to have any relationships at all since he told me a little bit about his past experiences - which are not that great.....and he literally backs off from any relationship conversations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending