The Student Room Group

Breaking the ice with girls in clubs

Once I get chatting to random girls (or dancing with them) in clubs and bars I'm fine... it's just approaching them in the first place I often struggle with.

Normally I'll do something like any of the following:

- Ask them to get in a selfie with me
- Get them to give me a high-five
- Ask for a lighter / cigarette if in the smoking area

That's pretty much all I can think of really as I'm no good at approaching a complete stranger and sparking off a conversation when I know nothing about them... I feel like I need to break the ice with something more random.

Does anyone else have any other excuses to get chatting to girls in these situations? Obviously it can depend on the situation, but if anyone has any little 'tricks' like those above that would be great :wink:
"What's a gorgeous girl like you doing here on your own?" :smug:
Original post by Mayhem™

This is 'cringey'.

Spoiler

My line was always "Sorry for being random, but my mates have started talking about football so I got bored and wandered off - do you mind if I talk to you for a bit?". Never had anyone say no or tell me to go away :biggrin:
Original post by drobson1988
Once I get chatting to random girls (or dancing with them) in clubs and bars I'm fine... it's just approaching them in the first place I often struggle with.

That's pretty much all I can think of really as I'm no good at approaching a complete stranger and sparking off a conversation when I know nothing about them... I feel like I need to break the ice with something more random.

Does anyone else have any other excuses to get chatting to girls in these situations? Obviously it can depend on the situation, but if anyone has any little 'tricks' like those above that would be great :wink:

Tbh, if you asked me for a selfie randomly in the club I'd be a bit sceptical and a high five seems a bit childish
Reply 5
Original post by WoodyMKC
My line was always "Sorry for being random, but my mates have started talking about football so I got bored and wandered off - do you mind if I talk to you for a bit?". Never had anyone say no or tell me to go away :biggrin:

thanks I'll add that one to my list haha
Original post by BookBird
This is 'cringey'.

Spoiler

I'm too young to go to a club, thought I'd just post something here :lol:

I dont think it matters that much. I would avoid asking for a selfie or a high-five..bit weird. The lighter thing is ok but honestly i would just dance next to them or whatever, make eye contact and just whisper in their ear (if its loud) with a simple hey or whatever. Just start a conversation, its not a big deal :smile:
Reply 8
lol just say something funny or random. Won't give my line away but something like "I like your socks" can work. If they have a shirt with pics or whatever you can talk about that. Being boring won't do ****. Asking for a selfie/ high five is creepy imo especially when you meet someone for the first time. Imagine if a stranger comes up to you and wants a pic it would be very weird,
High 5s and selfies probably won't be that successful, lighters and cigarettes is tried and tested (though everyone does it). But not having an excuse proves to girls you're confident and shows that you're interested from the start, just say:

Hey I thought you looked stunning / amazing / your preferred complement and I just had to meet you. *Extend hand* I'm drobson1988.
(edited 8 years ago)

i'd flip this as i have the lighter and get to providing it first and start a conversation as a result
the best tip is to get a decent lighter something uncommon so a cartier, dunhill or st dupont for example for a couple of hundred quid maybe less if your lucky for a solid silver one the gold ones are about five times as much
Reply 11
Original post by Mayhem™

excellent !!!
Now I can see why you spend so must time on TSR ...
Reply 12
"Accidentally" spill her drink over then buy her another one. You create the opportunity to show you're a gentleman then use your charm
Original post by zayn008
"Accidentally" spill her drink over then buy her another one. You create the opportunity to show you're a gentleman then use your charm

It also shows you're a clumsy **** and your execution has to be pretty good for this to work

Not smooth bro.
Reply 14
Original post by InadequateJusticex
It also shows you're a clumsy **** and your execution has to be pretty good for this to work

Not smooth bro.

Clubs are overcrowded just act like someone pushed you, although now I'm seeing that it probably isn't the best thing to do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending