The Student Room Group

Soul mate but sexuality barrier

Basically (backstory warning) I've gone to uni and a guy in the same flat and I have got on really well. Like REALLY well. I've never got on with anyone better. I'd had a crush (hate the word but we'll roll with it) on him since day 1 but there was never a romantic conversation between us. It was just easy conversation.
Anyway, a week ago he told me he felt like I was his other half, or his soul mate. And then confused me further by kissing me...
The trouble now is that I am female and he's had a bit of a realisation phase as to why all his past relationships didn't work out. He was doubting for a bit but he's fairly sure now that he is gay. And he said he was so sad about that as it was like we were meant to be together (sorry if anyone needed a vomit bucket).
This puts me in a bit of a predicament as I can't ignore everything he said to me but equally it seems that I will have to move on somehow. I just find it so tricky to work out how to act and ignore a connection this strong. The last thing I want to do is lose him. It wasn't exactly light stuff he said that I can just gloss over and dismiss as only being nice! Any advice as to what to do?
Original post by Anonymous
He was doubting for a bit but he's fairly sure now that he is gay.

Not the sharpest stick is he?
Reply 2
he can be gay but like you sexually

tell him
Talk to him about it and see how he feels. If he's attracted to you too then it's likely that he's bisexual instead of gay. Talk it through with him and see what he wants.
Reply 4
Original post by georgiaswift
Talk to him about it and see how he feels. If he's attracted to you too then it's likely that he's bisexual instead of gay. Talk it through with him and see what he wants.

He says he isn't attracted to me but I will talk to him more thanks- it will probably help to hear it from him. Things have just gone back to normal with us at the moment but I'm still in the confused about how people feel mindset as I was when I was trying to build up the courage to tell him. Ah well time will sort this out (hopefully)
Original post by Anonymous
He says he isn't attracted to me but I will talk to him more thanks- it will probably help to hear it from him. Things have just gone back to normal with us at the moment but I'm still in the confused about how people feel mindset as I was when I was trying to build up the courage to tell him. Ah well time will sort this out (hopefully)

Ah okay, I must have misunderstood. If he's gay then there's not much you can do, but it's definitely best to talk to him in person and talk things through with him. You'll get over him eventually, but if he doesn't feel the same way then maybe distance yourself for a while in order to allow yourself to get over him.
Do you really believe your "soul mate" is gay? Surely a fairly definitive part of the term is them loving you back?
Reply 7
Original post by Supersaps
Do you really believe your "soul mate" is gay? Surely a fairly definitive part of the term is them loving you back?

I think the same as you in that respect, but he used the term which is why it's so confusing! 😕

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending