The Student Room Group

Engineering degree in Germany?

Has anyone considered or been in Germany to study engineering from the UK? How was it?
Original post by CambEng
Has anyone considered or been in Germany to study engineering from the UK? How was it?

Hey!

Whilst I haven't studied in Germany, many of my friends have studied there, and they all loved it.

Germany is a great country by itself, really great culture, very nice people and beautiful places to go. As for Engineering, it's one of the best countries in the world for it. I've had friends study in Stuttgart, Frankfurt and Munich for engineering. They have very high standards and, at least for Stuttgart and Munich, they were taught in English.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Scott
Undergraduate Rep
School of Engineering
Reply 2
Original post by Glasgow Uni
Hey!

Whilst I haven't studied in Germany, many of my friends have studied there, and they all loved it.

Germany is a great country by itself, really great culture, very nice people and beautiful places to go. As for Engineering, it's one of the best countries in the world for it. I've had friends study in Stuttgart, Frankfurt and Munich for engineering. They have very high standards and, at least for Stuttgart and Munich, they were taught in English.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Scott
Undergraduate Rep
School of Engineering

Thank you! I hadn't thought about Stuttgart before, and the fact that the course is in English is also reassuring to know
Original post by CambEng
Thank you! I hadn't thought about Stuttgart before, and the fact that the course is in English is also reassuring to know

Hey,

No problem!
There will be some courses taught in English, some may be taught in German. You may well be able to find which courses are taught in English via the universities' websites. There will most definitely be universities which offer courses in English, though, it's just finding one that's right for you! :smile:

Scott
Undergraduate Rep
School of Engineering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending